X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Stupid Question But......

WHAT THE HELL DOES PWN MEAN????

If it means "own" as in "Man he OWNED your a$$ lol!!!!"

Then why the HELL don't people just say that???

BAH!!! Kids these days...

Re: Ok Stupid Question But......

It's usually used by some adolescents that think they look important and "cool" for using it, but they don't understand how illiterate and pathetic it looks next to their nick.

Comment

I don't get it... These days people are praising themselves for their inability to type lete alone use the english language properly. WTF????????

NEWSFLASH DUMBA$$ES.... TYPOS AND IMPROPER USE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS NOT COOL WHEN YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE AND ARE PROUD OF IT!!!!!

Still though, I'm gonna try it just so people can't say I'm knocking something I know nothing about... From now on the word RULES as in "hey man I RULE!!!!" Will now be termed RUKE as in "I totally RUKED your ***!!!"

Let's see if it shows up on a T-shirt in a year

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
        It's usually used by some adolescents that think they look important and "cool" for using it, but they don't understand how illiterate and pathetic it looks next to their nick.
        It doesn't look illiterate... it's a joke from hacking that got spread to CS and now everyone uses it.

And "pwned" comes from WoW
        A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned." Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned." It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

Comment

I am calm...

It's Sat morning and I'm gonna play B2 soon.... I'm totally gonna RUKE some a$$es YO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA View Post
            I am calm...

It's Sat morning and I'm gonna play B2 soon.... I'm totally gonna RUKE some a$$es YO!!!!!!
            Akula, if you dont like it , why are you doing it?

lead by example:nod:

Comment

Did you COMPLETELY read my second post???? LOL

Comment

sorry, but ruke just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA View Post
                  Did you COMPLETELY read my second post???? LOL
                  I sure did
                  Still though, I'm gonna try it just so people can't say I'm knocking something I know nothing about... From now on the word RULES as in "hey man I RULE!!!!" Will now be termed RUKE as in "I totally RUKED your ***!!!"
                  i was tryn to be nice, but if ya want me to comment on this, then u flucked up, ruked is dumb, ifyou were serious, why not use seomthing like romed, since rome ruled the world a couple thousand yrs ago.
                  ugh, kids

Comment

lol.... Thanks for being nice..... In case you didn't get it, it was a poke at how dumb it is to actually DO that type of stuff and your response just proved my theory. THANKS!!!!

Comment

Lol!! Akula You Ruke!!! :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman_M95 View Post
                        It doesn't look illiterate... it's a joke from hacking that got spread to CS and now everyone uses it.

And "pwned" comes from WoW
                        http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
                        it doesnt come from WoW. it comes from Warcraft I or Warcraft II. (the real time strategy game that no one really cares about anymore becuz of WoW)

Comment

I remember when Leet speak was still cool...

Then again, I also remember when the only games anybody played on the PC were Zork, Rogue and Nethack.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Comment

i could be considerd young, that is irrelevant as i am fond of the word "pwn" and others regarding this subject, you not liking this does not really justify or rationalise your view of the people who use it, if that is what you are saying then it is a very ignorant way of looking at things...and quite hurtful actually =/

i understand your dislike of it, but why say all these pointless mean things?

Comment

Hmmm.. Ignorant eh???

Did you not read the previous posts??? I tried it, was told that it was stupid and thereby PROVED that it is indeed stupid.... You keep on "PWNING" that term if you want but I myself think it's totally retarded. Ignorant??? I don't think so. but if you want to go that route it's your call.

P.S. My squad totally RUKED the last round lol

It's not mean.... Mean is going up to a fat chick and calling her a HUGE LARD A$$

Comment

Working...
                              X