Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decrease Network Packet Size

Finally found a freeware program that lets you do this, at
    robust.ws is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, robust.ws has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Its the internet Speed Booster one

Install and run (you dont need the xtra programs it asks you to install)
    click speed booster, advanced
    select connection type
    Where it says MTU write 576 or larger
    Where it says MSS write 536 or larger
    click next, next, next, next, finish, restart... or something like that... And now you should have less lag, less bullets not hitting and so on...

Hope it helps in this time of need...

Re: Decrease Network Packet Size

hmm..sounds dangerous but ill give it a go and hopefully it wont corrupt my internet...but im getting a new comp anyways any day now w00t

Comment

Well, u have to install spyware from an affiliate of the devloper in order to use the product; no thanks.

Comment

you can uncheck the xtra stuff it might be spyware but i didnt install those...
        And Spybot only finds what i usually pick up from surfing

Comment

"internet speed booster".

Sorry bro, but no thanks for me. You guys do know that it is possible to modify your MTU and MSS settings in the registry right??? You should probably do that instead.

If your lazy though these programs don't come with spyware.

Comment

Well first off you cant just go changing your MTU to "anything" above 536. 1492 is about the max your gonna be able to use with any stability. If you want to do this right you can always use DR.TCP its free and doesnt require you to "deselect" any "extra" componets on Install. Plus its been around since Win95, so all the bugs are worked out..

How to tweak your MTU and some of the best MTU and RWIN settings

Here is a walkthru for adjusting your MTU without anything except RegEdit (that comes on your system)

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;826159 (PPP and VPN settings)

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280 (WinXp settings)

And if you want to actually learn what it is your F'n with the you can Google "MTU" or you can go here

http://blue-labs.org/howto/mtu-mss.php (This is pretty technical, so if you dont understand this stuff BE SMART don't F with it.)

Comment

9mbps up
              1mbps down

enough said

Comment

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
                9mbps up
                1mbps down

enough said

you've got 9x the upload speed than you have download speed? guess enough wasn't said

Speakeasy.net speed test results to NYC server from PA:

Comment

Sorry, the point of this thread wasnt that you absolutely need to use the same program i did. Just that you might want to change MTU and MSS if you are having serious stability problems. 1500 is the standard/max value in xp and that is way to high for most dsl users...
                  Didnt know you could change this in the registry but i prefer using a program and not mess around too much.
                  And for christs sake will you stop with the spyware BS. just uncheck it and its spyware free or use something else...

Comment

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
                    9mbps up
                    1mbps down

enough said
                    Oppps other way around :laugh: Damn dyslexia wins again

9mbps down
                    1mbps up

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                      hmm..sounds dangerous but ill give it a go and hopefully it wont corrupt my internet...but im getting a new comp anyways any day now w00t
                      specs?

And nah it should be harmless, I've messed around with a ton of stuff like this.

Comment

FYI: changing the mss higher than 1380 will not allow the packets to go through cisco firewalls

If you use a VPN connection - remember that it addes extra overhead to your packet - which could cause dropped packets.

Comment

Working...
                        X