This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for another soloing thread!

dont get me wrong ,its defenatly a skill to be good solo pilot,ive seen some good vids,and have had a pop in singleplayer to see how hard it is..

but when someone instanty thinks you cant gun/tv without giving you a try then that is just lame and selfish,

i may not have 100hours online in a chopper but i have practiced over lan with some buddy's of mine for x amount of time when i was learning to fly.

but tba cant be bothered with tk,ect that goes with it.

from the time i do get in a chopper,i get a few kills hear and there,but most pilots are basic in there skill when playing on a pub.

i don't let that bother me,after all everyone has different skills,and its just a game.(yes there maybe some players who are oblivious to how being a gunner works,but i bet there are more with a average knowledge and experience's of how it works)

when i read things like,a elite solo pilot can make the difference between winning and losing it cracks me up,yes in a way it may but in another who cares if you win or lose,if you lose its not the end of the world there's always another round.

i stick to sniping most of the time,and i see alot of stuff go down during a round,if my team happens to lose the round i don't look for someone to blame,i simply get on with the next round.

if you playing a ladder game then its different,but in a pub it should be about fun,not "i want my chopper so i can get 40+ and 0 all day long.

on a good day i can outscore a chopper crew,not as often but im not purposely annoying every one on my team,by not sharing.

by all means solo if cant get a gunner,but tk and other methods of trying to get the chopper to yours self every round is just stupid and ignorant.

one question i would like a answer to(solo only reply)

Q.what would you do if the last patch did not allow seat switching in mid air?

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard84 View Post
      What pisses me off about you solo pilots is you think that you are the only ones that matter and if somebody happens to take "your" chopper or sits in the gunner seat that they must get out because they are not good enough for you. If they dont get out the first chance you get you are over by the edge of the map redlining them.
      well they're not

As I have said in past soloing threads everyone has a right to be in the helicopter and If you don't like it then find another server.
      well if they dont like it then they can find another server just as well

Comment

I personally enjoy sniping which is the main reason I play bf2.
        So a sniper is teaching us about Teamwork?

What pisses me off about you solo pilots is you think that you are the only ones that matter and if somebody happens to take "your" chopper or sits in the gunner seat that they must get out because they are not good enough for you.
        I've flown with many of the people in this forum, both as a Pilot and as a Gunner. I'm not even close to their skill level, but they still let me play alongside them merely because I try.

Some newbies expect the better players to teach them. Some newbies expect the better players to do all the work for them.

Those are the people the experienced Solo'ers avoid.

I learned to pilot, gun and solo through research, offline/empty server practice and dedication.

Why do some people feel they should get a free pass?

If they dont get out the first chance you get you are over by the edge of the map redlining them.
        That happens more often when you get in the way of a 'duo', rather than a 'solo'.

It's especially bad on Sharqi.

As I have said in past soloing threads everyone has a right to be in the helicopter and If you don't like it then find another server.
        Then you also have the right to whine when the pilot you're inconveniencing jumps out and leaves your clueless arse to crash. Don't like it? Take the pilot seat.

Comment

i hate pilots who redline me, id rather die then be a tw@ and jump out in the middle of nowere, screwed...

when im in the chopper i actually want a half decent gunner, one who will aim and fire, i dont care if he misses alot, as long as he will shoot lol, ive been the gunner for retarded noob smacktard piltos who just go to cap a flag or dont know how to fly and they get us killed, one person i met, he was my Gunner in the Cobra, and zomg he was amazing, he was shooting everything with the TV missiles, and i learnt how to take on attack choppers by my self

But, you "pro" solo'ers need to GTFO and STFU

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
            Cmon, 1v1 Cynic. Hell, even go for a 2v1.
            He's too good for us man. Too good for anyone, apparently.

Comment

So a sniper is teaching us about Teamwork?
              If done right, yes. I play the sniper role different then you are probably thinking. I am always in a squad either as a leader or member. Depending on the situation sometimes I rush with the squad or I hang back a little and cover them calling out targets and shooting ones they cant see.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco View Post
                Cmon, 1v1 Cynic. Hell, even go for a 2v1.
                i am up for a menage a trois

Comment

honestly I dont redline that much, Id rather crash the helo over and over.......I dont know why but it seems more satisfying that I made them wait over and over for a helo just to die on takeoff LOL

I have gone the "try to teach route" on several occasions, I even had 1 guy that could chain gun very very well and he could kill ALOT of people without overheating the gun, but he couldnt tv for crap, well we sorta had this agreement that when the enemy helo was spotted he jumped out and I took down the helo then picked him up again.....worked ok I guess, but it was sort of a pain in the arse

Comment

If done right, yes. I play the sniper role different then you are probably thinking. I am always in a squad either as a leader or member. Depending on the situation sometimes I rush with the squad or I hang back a little and cover them calling out targets and shooting ones they cant see.
                    You mean you play as a Designated Marksman (Clicky Link), and not as a traditional Scout Sniper (Clicky Link)?

That can't possibly be true, as you have only 1500 kills over the span of 86 hours with a sniper rifle.

I literally have 2 hours less than you with a sniper rifle, and more than 4 times your kills. That is the outcome of playing as a Designated Marksman.

I typically don't compare stats, but since this argument teeters over whether or not you're experienced enough to even know what you're talking about when it comes to Helicopters (or Teamwork for that matter), I'd say it's relevant.

Your stats don't indicate that you are a team player. Your stats on the other-hand indicate that you are a casual sniper who likes to take his time. Why in gods name are you complaining about teamwork?

I'm probably one of the more team-oriented players in the game (I always have a squad up, even when I'm solo'ing.), and I advocate Solo'ing merely because I know that a bad gunner or pilot hampers a team. (Specifically the team I'm on.)

Worse yet are the bad gunners or pilots who waste their time on the helipad spamming my chat screen with their whining about solo'ers.

You want to talk about people who aren't team players? Lets talk about those losers.

Comment

Im not a team player? How can you possibly say that when you have never seen me play? Granted I'm not the greatest player or dont claim to be the greatest. It wasn't until recently when I started finishing in the upper half of the matches with more kills then deaths. And I hate bringing stats into discussions because they don't mean everything but my teamwork is around 10,400 and combat 13,200 which is pretty even if you ask me. To me that means that I care very much so for teamwork so I dont know where you come off saying I dont. Looking at yours the combat score is around 3 times higher then your teamwork.. this shows me you care more for the combat side of the game. Again, this is from stats and doesnt show exactly how you play.

Comment

Im not a team player? How can you possibly say that when you have never seen me play? Granted I'm not the greatest player or dont claim to be the greatest. It wasn't until recently when I started finishing in the upper half of the matches with more kills then deaths. And I hate bringing stats into discussions because they don't mean everything but my teamwork is around 10,400 and combat 13,200 which is pretty even if you ask me. To me that means that I care very much so for teamwork so I dont know where you come off saying I dont. Looking at yours the combat score is around 3 times higher then your teamwork.. this shows me you care more for the combat side of the game. Again, this is from stats and doesnt show exactly how you play.
                        It's simple to deduce.

86 hours as a sniper, with 1500 kills, on an account with about 250 hours.

You spend more than 1/5th of your time sniping. With so few kills, you are clearly a Scout Sniper. Scout snipers are not team players. Even Jemme101 (TBF2's resident Scout Sniper King) admitted that.

You spent 1/5th of your time, not being a team player.

Now compare that to my 50 hours in a helicopter, solo'ing with about 700 hours on my account.

You spend more time (Overall, and Ratio-wise) not being a team player, than a solo'er.

Now answer me again. Why in gods name are you whining about Teamwork?

Comment

I already explained why I am against soloing and how its not teamwork. I'm not going to explain it again. Also, I have explained that my sniping changes depending on the situation. If you want to get technical, then yes I would be considered more of a scout sniper, but that doesnt mean I'm not a teamplayer. I dont know Jemme101, and I dont care what his thoughts are. He probably plays differently then me. No matter where I am I constantly spot things - even when I am scout sniping. I have saved my teammates a number of times from doing that and also injuring/killing the enemy while they were taking a flag. That's teamwork to me. If you think 1/5 of my time was sitting on a mountain side or in a bush staring at the sky doing nothing then you are wrong. And with that I am done with this thread. I dont have to prove to you that I am a teamplayer because I know and the people I play with know my contributions.

Comment

You just opened up a can of worms trying to defend yourself, my friend.

Now if you're smart, you'll realize how your actions compare so closely to the actions of those of us who solo.

I already explained why I am against soloing and how its not teamwork. I'm not going to explain it again. Also, I have explained that my sniping changes depending on the situation.
                            Solo'ing and Duo'ing depends on the situation.

Most if not all experienced solo'ers will stop to pick up people who they are familiar with. Half if not most of all experienced solo'ers will give someone a chance, and will only judge them after they've proven to be a failure.

If you want to get technical, then yes I would be considered more of a scout sniper, but that doesnt mean I'm not a teamplayer.
                            If you want to get technical, then yes, I would be considered more of a solo'er, but that doesn't mean I'm not a teamplayer.

No matter where I am I constantly spot things - even when I am scout sniping. I have saved my teammates a number of times from doing that and also injuring/killing the enemy while they were taking a flag. That's teamwork to me.
                            No matter where I am, I constantly kill things. I stop the enemy's helicopter from killing my team-mates. I keep the enemy's jet occupied while it constantly makes routes to try (and fail) to kill me. I kill enemy infantry and armor while they're trying to cap flags. If things slow down, and I feel reasonably safe; I'll even hover around a flag to cap it.

Thats teamwork to me.

If you think 1/5 of my time was sitting on a mountain side or in a bush staring at the sky doing nothing then you are wrong.
                            If you think that 1/5th of the average solo'ers time was spent on a mountain side, redlining someone; or purposely hogging the helicopter so they can do nothing with it.

Then you are very wrong indeed.

And with that I am done with this thread. I dont have to prove to you that I am a teamplayer because I know and the people I play with know my contributions.
                            Class is over. You've been a poor student.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                              What better way to start than with good old stereotypes!?

lol thats funny, if theres one person that will make me reinstall BF2, its you sloi when u come back :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
                                He's too good for us man. Too good for anyone, apparently.

He is extremely good. If you'll allow me to make a basket-ball analogy, the vast majority of you play on a casual level, a few will play high school, even fewer at a collegiate/NCAA caliber, and then we have the rare NBA pros.

Playing a 1v1 against him would be a waste of time for 99% of you. Hell, I'm included in that figure.

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
                                lol thats funny, if theres one person that will make me reinstall BF2, its you sloi when u come back :yay:
                                I'm coming back very soon, brah! I gotta warn you though: singleplayer doesn't allow me to practice much advanced TVing, so I might be pretty rusty for the first few rounds.

Please don't redline me! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X