A question for all bf 2 players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for all bf 2 players.

Right where do i start. I am wondering whether or not i should purchase a copy of battlefield 2. I would play it either way but i'm more in the game for the online side of things. For pc im talking about, how is this game? Is it worth purchasing? I also play games like counterstrike source and dark crusade to give you an idea. Sorry, i know you guys here this a million times. I used to play battlefield 1942 and thought that was ok. I recently looked at the trailers on gamespot and was quite amazed. So honestly, what is the game like and is it worth it? Thanks alot guys. Also confirm this, there is an online for pc in bf2 is there not? Is there many people hanging around?

Thanks all for your time, hope you can help cheers!

~ Mc beef

Re: A question for all bf 2 players.

try the demo and see if you like it,

Comment

if u liked bf1942 then u will probobly like this one. they are essentially the same game only diffrences are the graphics and such timeline and the unlock rank system

Comment

Yeah, try the demo or watch gameplay vids, no staged s*it. Trailers and vids tend to make BF2 look like a realistic, tactical shooter, something that it isnt. Also, don`t believe others that much . Just get the demo or watch gameplay vids.

Comment

alright thanks guys, also i have an nvidia geforce 7300 gs card will that run it? and is that demo online ? also where do i get an online account for the demo?

Cheer sguys, also any opinions on the game? it looks sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbeef View Post
            alright thanks guys, also i have an nvidia geforce 7300 gs card will that run it? and is that demo online ? also where do i get an online account for the demo?

Cheer sguys, also any opinions on the game? it looks sweet
            i have a 7300 LE and it runs the game on mostly low settings. obviously not as good as many other cards, but it's fine.

on a side note, BF2 is an amazing game...easily the best i've ever played.

Comment

Definitely try the Demo. The Retail version has gone through a lot of gameplay changes, but the Demo will undoubtedly give you the best taste of the game without spending money. Its online.

Comment

Yes it's online. BF2 is mostly an online game, singleplayer is barely supported.

And it's a very fun game, IMO.

Comment

Its a good Fps but it can be frustrating when you start out and die all the time. If you liked 1942 then yes you should get it or you can download the demo but thats a waste of time imo, it will just make you want the game more.

Online is much better then Single player.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    Definitely try the Demo. The Retail version has gone through a lot of gameplay changes, but the Demo will undoubtedly give you the best taste of the game without spending money. Its online.
                    Bad advice. The Demo features a lot of things that originally made BF2 a much different game. The BlackHawk for instance was a lot more powerful. Most people comming from the demo will utilize the blackhawk and find it ineffective in the retail version.

The jets in the demo are immune to all sort aircraft targetting missiles making the F35, J10, F18, and the MiG almost equal with the exception of the turn radius. It made for more interesting air-combat as you had to be good to follow and gun them down with nothing but the cannons.

The demo version has almost zero strings attached so people dont play for points but for fun. It makes a great deal of difference as people arent concerned with spawn camping, but rather winning through teamwork. Grabbing that 1 attack helocopter or those jets are a bit relaxed in the demo. You dont have x-number of people waiting to be bombed while waiting for jets.

Unfortunately the demo and the retail are almost 2 completely different games. You can learn how to handle the vehicles and weapons. But the gameplay mechanics are different when entering the retail version where a large number of people are more concerned with whoring up 100 points in a round.

Comment

just buy the game you wont regret it.

Comment

Take a look at ingame vids or go and play it somewhere. Do not take others` oppinions of the game for pure gold. It`s BF2 forums ffs, of course everyone is gonna tell you to get it. Don`t buy it untill you have seen the game in action or played it yourself.

Comment

can your pc support it? thats the first question

Comment

Originally posted by MassKiller View Post
                            Bad advice. The Demo features a lot of things that originally made BF2 a much different game. The BlackHawk for instance was a lot more powerful. Most people comming from the demo will utilize the blackhawk and find it ineffective in the retail version.
                            Its the best advice there is. For 15 minutes of download time you get a chance to see what BF2 as a game features. And its not the stats system, not its community, but the game itsself. BHAWK isnt what makes BF2. Are you supposing that people should BUY the game to TRY it? Or watch videos? Why watch if you can have a try? BF2 Demo is damn fun, and BF2 Retail just makes that fun last longer.

The jets in the demo are immune to all sort aircraft targetting missiles making the F35, J10, F18, and the MiG almost equal with the exception of the turn radius. It made for more interesting air-combat as you had to be good to follow and gun them down with nothing but the cannons.
                            Fun fact. Only jets present in the Demo are F35B, MiG and Su. In the Demo, basically in the good old days, F35B didnt stand a chance against pilots with better jets because in order to connect the missiles you needed to force the opponent into a specific maneuver/altitude/speedframe. And cannons? If a jet can outmaneuver you in the 2/3s of a turn, what cannon use can we talk about? It was fun and itis fun, I agree. But when youre so skilled that you can evade all missiles and cannon fire, the dogfight becomes a 1 hour chase fest with nobody getting a kill. Unless youre in a superior jet against an inferior one. Good luck to the poor champ flying the F35B then... Even in the Demo, cannon use was luxury. Good pilots, as in the Retail, wont give you a jump and if youre in F35B, you were basically ****ed.

The demo version has almost zero strings attached so people dont play for points but for fun. It makes a great deal of difference as people arent concerned with spawn camping, but rather winning through teamwork. Grabbing that 1 attack helocopter or those jets are a bit relaxed in the demo. You dont have x-number of people waiting to be bombed while waiting for jets.
                            Which is why its best to try the Demo first, to not to succumb to the stats system and be able to choose an unranked server of fun gameplay over a ranked server of asshattery.

Unfortunately the demo and the retail are almost 2 completely different games. You can learn how to handle the vehicles and weapons. But the gameplay mechanics are different when entering the retail version where a large number of people are more concerned with whoring up 100 points in a round.
                            They are different, but not different games altogether.

Comment

I would recommend you to buy the game, it's a great game, great fun...

... but after the recent PunkBuster issues, I say stay away from this game... at least until it gets fixed, if it will that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X