G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G3

For some reason i cant shoot the AK 101, Coalition weapons all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
      just checked the stats turns out the G3 and the AK 101 are about the same with the G3 having a slight edge in damage and reload time but I still prefer the G# and its 30 shot clip to the AK-101.
      you need to look over your posts desert. I know you know what you mean, but your sentence says that the g3 has more ammo than ak.

Lets say you do happen to take down 3 people with the g3. Your reloading and a guy comes around the corner bearing a m16. Unless he craps out on luck, or you get a knife/2 9mm bullets in his head, your done for.

Lets say you had the ak-101, chances are you would have survived because both G and AK are 3/4 kill shots.

Comment

Great gun,really powerful,but small clip sucks!Need to reload every 5-10 bullets!

Comment

I don't know what's a Baur since I'm not into sci-fi games, but the G3 is probably the best assault rifle in the game. Accuracy is excellent and it does the most damage among all the assault rifles. The 20 round clip is not a big deal because it takes no more than 3 shots to kill, besides you have 4 extra clips, more than enough unless your kills/deaths ratio is greater than 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
            Its an amazing gun in the game, just not practical. Nothing other than 4 grenades and a smoke grenade alongside it, which doesnt really help.

I think its good for newbies to get quick kills, this is why:

Newbies don't have the necessary skill to get kill-kill-kill repeatly. Therefore, the g3 is kind of like a "kamikaze" gun.

For pros, they need a bigger magazine size. 20 doesn't cut it for a pro to be that effective. Hell they can kick *** with it, just can't be as superior as to the ak-101 or better gun.

I still think its the best 1v1 head on killer, though. EA coded it to be the best gun, but to balance it gave it the only weapon with 20 rounds.
            I disagree. 20 rounds is fine. If a one-two shot combo doesn't kill them, I whip out my sidearm and finish it. But more often than not, the G3 gets them. It's an amazingly powerful and accurate weapon. And why use iron-sights when you can...just shoot? It's not that hard to use the standard crosshairs.

Comment

The Baur is piece of junk compared to the G3. I went from BF2 to 2142 and thought that the Baur would be like the G3. Not so. Baur is easily the worst unlock in the 2142 IMHO. The G3 is much more useful. If you actually liked the Baur then you'll love the G3.

Comment

G3>j10>skill

Comment

I am a hardcore advocate of the AK101 for the Assault Kit. And the only thing I fear is a PKM from my flank or the G3. And when I hear that muffled muzzle sounds, I know my *** is going to be on the ground. That G3 is the most powerful rifle in the game (I am not talking about shotguns or LMGs). It lays the heavy armored kits out in a couple well placed shots.

I do not use it because it lacks the GL. I have to agree and disagree with Neptune on it. I often reflect on the G36E as being a weapon to help people quickly get through that 20k point gap in ranks. A very accurate weapon that can rack up the kills/points for a kit that can whore points better then anything in the game. In the same regard, the G3 can really tally up the kills. In the right hands it can be very effective beyond 3 men. But, you have to really be paying attention to your trigger time. And when you are in broad firefights and good squads, you often need to be able to open up the throttle.

The AK helps fill that deficiency. Because with the GL, you can open up with a heavy explosion to weaken the first two guys leading a charge, quick switch the rifle trigger and lay out two guys. Then the secondary squad members that come around the corner attack and you still have ammo to clean out the 3rd, 4th...and God, if you still have health, weaken the 5th to get an assist kill after you die.

That G3 is a powerful gun, but I have to agree that I don't think you will retain the higher KDR you would get with the AK101/GP-30 combo.

But, I can scamper off this evening and try it out. I know from past experience with the G3 that you can definently get some devastating kills, but when you are getting over run, you just don't have time to use the single shot function.

You could argue that giving the G3 a 20 round clip was an intentional gimp from DiCE when they were building the game.

Comment

Well put RocketChild!! Oh and that fifth guy would also be dead!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
                      I am a hardcore advocate of the AK101 for the Assault Kit. And the only thing I fear is a PKM from my flank or the G3. And when I hear that muffled muzzle sounds, I know my *** is going to be on the ground. That G3 is the most powerful rifle in the game (I am not talking about shotguns or LMGs). It lays the heavy armored kits out in a couple well placed shots.

I do not use it because it lacks the GL. I have to agree and disagree with Neptune on it. I often reflect on the G36E as being a weapon to help people quickly get through that 20k point gap in ranks. A very accurate weapon that can rack up the kills/points for a kit that can whore points better then anything in the game. In the same regard, the G3 can really tally up the kills. In the right hands it can be very effective beyond 3 men. But, you have to really be paying attention to your trigger time. And when you are in broad firefights and good squads, you often need to be able to open up the throttle.

The AK helps fill that deficiency. Because with the GL, you can open up with a heavy explosion to weaken the first two guys leading a charge, quick switch the rifle trigger and lay out two guys. Then the secondary squad members that come around the corner attack and you still have ammo to clean out the 3rd, 4th...and God, if you still have health, weaken the 5th to get an assist kill after you die.

That G3 is a powerful gun, but I have to agree that I don't think you will retain the higher KDR you would get with the AK101/GP-30 combo.

But, I can scamper off this evening and try it out. I know from past experience with the G3 that you can definently get some devastating kills, but when you are getting over run, you just don't have time to use the single shot function.

You could argue that giving the G3 a 20 round clip was an intentional gimp from DiCE when they were building the game.
                      Good post. I'd still choose G3 over the AK because I don't use the GL (maybe it's about time to start) and I just like the accuracy and the punch of the G3. Btw it's got 20 round clip because that's how it is in RL.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                        G3>j10>skill
                        that is actually somewhat of a good post

Have a cookie

Comment

To answer the original poster's question - yes, at least in my opinion. I found the Baur and the G3 to be very similar. Both are powerful weapons but not ones you want to go full auto with due to recoil and high added per shot deviation. Set them on single shot if you have not perfected the quick tap on the left mouse button.

Comment

wheres my cookie?
                            GO GO GO G3

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                              just checked the stats turns out the G3 and the AK 101 are about the same with the G3 having a slight edge in damage and reload time but I still prefer the G# and its 30 shot clip to the AK-101.
                              it still takes the same amount of bullets to kill a enemy so the damage edge doesn't matter, and it has no GL

conclusion: AK-101 > G3 nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by magdelen11235 View Post
                                it still takes the same amount of bullets to kill a enemy so the damage edge doesn't matter, and it has no GL

conclusion: AK-101 > G3 nuff said
                                I disagree...Because if someone has just one or two bars of damage from jumping out of a car or off a wall, that slight difference will make all the world when the first 2 bullets kill the guy as opposed to the 3-4 from the AK. Yeah, it is very subtle but I still will say the G3 is more powerful, but the AK is better all around.

I played the G3 for an hour the other night, and it is hella evil...but, I stilled died more then I did with the AK. Even with well controlled shots. That GL makes a world of difference if you are not getting a face shot every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X