G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3

If I was good with the Baur in 2142, will I be good with the G3? My friend told me they were basically the same gun in different games, is that true?

Re: G3

Anyone can be good with a G3.

Comment

I like it but the small clip gets me killed a lot.

Comment

great gun, but yeah the small clip sucks. I havnt played assault in a while but if i do pick it up I try to shoot in small burts or put it on semi auto

Comment

So is it the same strategies with the Baur? Single shot/small burst most of the time, watch your ammo, full auto only in extreme CQC?

Comment

the G3 is good for quick engagements like peeking around a corner and killing the enemy. then reload everytime you use more then 5 bullets and you get a kill this way you are always prepared. If you run through all the clips at least you got 3 or 4 kills if not more then run back and find a support guy or a supply box.

Comment

The Baur is the mr hyde to the g3's dr jekyll. They are one in the same but worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                I like it but the small clip gets me killed a lot.
                yeah thats the only downside for me

Comment

I have used it on single shot a lot recently and the ammo problem isn't near as bad, I get more kills too.

Comment

The G3 is a great gun so long as your hyper aware of the 20 round clip and the fact the iron sights whilst aimed are off to the left a bit. You aim with the top right corner of the fore sight....there's a pic of this somewhere.

Anything more than 2 shot burst becomes increasingly more inaccurate. The G3 has the worst accuurancy for assault rifles after 2nd shot in auto. Of course you go "rambo" in CQC if it's called for. Dangerous in single shot mode though....in the right situation it's possible to waste a lot of people AK-stylie with one clip. Did exactly this on Warlord last week. Good at long range too if you ajust for the iron sight misplacement.

Comment

i love it when ever i play assault i use it. cause the F2000 is too in accurate i think even though it does bring a flash bang and the M-16 is three shot burst. but when i feel like being scarface the M-16M-203 is best. but the
                      G-3 is the best assault weapon and remember the 3 R's Reload Reload Reload

Comment

Its an amazing gun in the game, just not practical. Nothing other than 4 grenades and a smoke grenade alongside it, which doesnt really help.

I think its good for newbies to get quick kills, this is why:

Newbies don't have the necessary skill to get kill-kill-kill repeatly. Therefore, the g3 is kind of like a "kamikaze" gun.

For pros, they need a bigger magazine size. 20 doesn't cut it for a pro to be that effective. Hell they can kick *** with it, just can't be as superior as to the ak-101 or better gun.

I still think its the best 1v1 head on killer, though. EA coded it to be the best gun, but to balance it gave it the only weapon with 20 rounds.

Comment

the clip size is not that important at CQC you can easily get 3 kills before reloading which does not take that long. When I get the G3 I get a K/D ratio of 3 with some streaks lasting over 10 kills. the Ak-101 is too weak compared to the G3

Comment

if i play assault i use the f200 cause i dont like iron sights and the f200 has a grenade launcher with flash bangs. sometimes i do switch to the g3 for accuracy but who really needs smoke grenades, i only needed them like twice ever.

Comment

just checked the stats turns out the G3 and the AK 101 are about the same with the G3 having a slight edge in damage and reload time but I still prefer the G# and its 30 shot clip to the AK-101.

Comment

Working...
                              X