Next Battlefield !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Battlefield !!

If there is going to be a new BF, then I hope it will introduce new stuff to the gaming, not the same old **** with better graphics and different timeline like it has been now.
    I mean, BF2 had one gamemode from the start= EA/DICE`s creativity at work.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
      I think they'll go back in time from bf2... anything more futuristic than 2142 will simply suck. I'd like to see bf3: forgotten wars, with UN interventions in Africa, the war in Chechnya, the Falklands etc
      Bosnia, North Korea, South America(Columbia the war on drugs),Ukraine,Iran, Somalia, etc...

Comment

As tired I am of the endless number of WW2 games, I think a remake and update of BF1942 would be pretty cool. I think that period of technology works best with the bf "system." The modern stuff had too many things that were difficult to balance properly (guided or homing weapons and such).

Comment

Originally posted by Mackaveli View Post
          i think real war combat will still be basically pretty much the same as it is now over the next 50 or even 100 yrs..besides new weapons and some new technology.. i guess thats why they skipped ahead to 2142. it really makes you wonder just where they can go from here..i agree with what you said about 50 yrs ahead.. sweet tech gadgets. nano tecnology, sweet weapons.. but it would still be basically a bf2 expansion pack and not a totally new game in my opinion..but if dice would work on a new engine ( ooo crysis ahhhh) and make a "revamped" bf2 game set like 50 yrs ahead i'd buy it in a sec.!
          It wouldnt neccisarily have to be an expansion it could be a whole new game. New engine, Giving snipers and spec ops guys laser targeting equip. for laser guided bombs and adding more weopons and vehicles and different maps and countrys and so forth. There is so much that can be done.

Comment

How about doing the various conflicts of the cold war era rolled into one BF3?

Korea, Vietnam remake, Iran-Iraq, various Isreali wars, etc.

But I think Battlefield 1943 is likely to be Dice's next game, after Bad Company.

Comment

Well, anything with WWI or II have been done to death by everyone, so I don't see it heading back in time. Anything past 2142 won't happen either like someone else said. I think the only possibilities would be another modern combat game.

Comment

or they will ditch bf2 in a ditch and cover it in dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                  How about doing the various conflicts of the cold war era rolled into one BF3?

Korea, Vietnam remake, Iran-Iraq, various Isreali wars, etc.

But I think Battlefield 1943 is likely to be Dice's next game, after Bad Company.
                  thing is FPS's tend to do better when they over a small time period not 40 years.

Comment

they should remake BF42 it was an awsome game throw in some more vehicals and weapons with the current unlock system it would be awsome. but what could we unlock for WW2?

Comment

Originally posted by drunken sailor View Post
                      they should remake BF42 it was an awsome game throw in some more vehicals and weapons with the current unlock system it would be awsome. but what could we unlock for WW2?
                      I think the idea, mentioned before, of unlocking keys would be a sweet feature imo. First you start off on foot, 50 points later your allowed to transport troops in jeeps. Once you hit 1000 points, bring in the big guns! Apcs & Tanks. After 10 000 grueling points, the choppa and the jet are yours to operate.

Atleast it will give you a better chance at getting a vehicle, instead of newbies all huddled in a hanger for "warmth."

Comment

Originally posted by drunken sailor View Post
                        not another WW2 game. and the reason alot of people like WW2 games is because of the weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                          I think the idea, mentioned before, of unlocking keys would be a sweet feature imo. First you start off on foot, 50 points later your allowed to transport troops in jeeps. Once you hit 1000 points, bring in the big guns! Apcs & Tanks. After 10 000 grueling points, the choppa and the jet are yours to operate.

Atleast it will give you a better chance at getting a vehicle, instead of newbies all huddled in a hanger for "warmth."
                          i like that one i didnt think of that

Comment

maybe the ranking system can be done a little better so privates aren't leading a squad with a four star general, yes ive seen this before

Comment

Originally posted by steppenwolf428 View Post
                              maybe the ranking system can be done a little better so privates aren't leading a squad with a four star general, yes ive seen this before
                              I agree, and squad leaders/commander should get extra points on top of that. I don't understand why a sergeant would command squads full of majors either. It should be the more you rank, the quicker the points will come, but it won't give the opposition a disadvantage.

Comment

Bad Company is next(For consoles).Don't know any other sequel!

Comment

Working...
                                X