No announcement yet.

Why Do People Take BF2 So Seriously?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Do People Take BF2 So Seriously?!

people take competition seriously no matter how small of a thing it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 1con
      This is an interesting question.

Why do I wake up every morning, groan, and ask myself 'Why did I stay up so late?' and then, 18 hours later, think 'One more round.....just one more.'

It is fun, which is why it is done. What makes it fun can vary from person to person, obviously. Why is it fun to me? How can I play Wake Island 1,361 times and look forward to playing it again tonight?

The answer, beyond 'it is fun', is elusive. I think it is the unending variety of challenges to overcome. Sure, each round has elements of sameness, but at the same time no round is exactly the same. Having to adjust my game in response to the differences...to meet the challenge of winning the round, keeping a positive KDR, grabbing the gold, or simply outwitting the guy immediately in front of you. If you overcome the challenge, you get that 'Hell yeah.' rush. If you fail, you try again harder or differently.

Its hard to define.

All I know is that I will wake up in the morning and think 'Why the hell did I stay up so late?'

I think you got the best response so far. I am right there with ya, especially on the unending variety of the game. Good call.

KEEP THE OPINIONS/STORIES/and OBSESSIONS COMING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
        people take competition seriously no matter how small of a thing it is.
        True:laugh:

Comment

well, you kinda have to take the game a lil serious. For me, I take it serious enough, to win. Cause I like to win. Who doesn't? I play warlord repetitavely, nonstop, all hours of the night, and god help me if I'm off work...But, I love when I have a commander/team leaders that take the game at least somewhat serious, and not some retard that just clicks to artilary blast the crap out of random areas...But I do agree, some people get really uptight about playing. Just a few moments ago, before logging off, some guy flooded the message space all about me, how I was a retard to take a tank and plow my own people over, then proceed to blow up the tank....c'mon, it's just a game. However, I have also been known to fly the jets practically into the carriers, thus killing my team. But it's just a game....but who plays a game just to run in circles and be dumb? you play it to play....

Comment

i think some people are just nutz, bf2 requires dedication but dont be an *a*s*s* about it

Comment

its a game that is played against other people, so naturally, the average human being thrives to win. everyone has some amount of competitiveness in them, just different say 'strengths' of it.
              put it like this, if your team is down by say 50 tickets to 200, you must think that is **** compared to it being turned the other way, and many people will try that bit harder to make the latter happen.
              so yes maybe the stats do play a part in this competitiveness what with the excessive stat padding that goes on, but i honestly reckon that if the stats where removed, then the game would not be as sucessful as it is.
              another way to look at it is if you have ever played as part of a sports team, then you will sure as hell know what it feels like to lose, and you muscle in as not to feel that again.

Comment

I play for a multiple of reasons (biggest one is team work) and take the game serious enough (meaning I try to win or do well). What ever happens in the game, stays in the game. I don't think better or worse of myself depending on how well I played the previous day.

But in game, I "expect" others to play the game. Last night I had a guy in the squad throw med packs at me while I was in the tank. I had another guy who was a sniper on Operation Harvest and when asked why, he said he was going for a pistol badge. When people do stupid stuff (that isn't funny), that's when I get bothered.

Comment

He could've been using the Sniper kit because it's his designated trash/experiment kit for badges or any high risk activities. In other words, he didn't want to spoil his KDR with the others.

That's just one of the possible reasons. Of course, it's a lot easier to just ignore the details and declare the goal instead...

Comment

Losing their badge?

When I believe someone doesn`t deserve a badge or a medal, I set it as my goal to force TK that person as much as possible. DESPERATE MEASURES, I KNOW.

Comment

I play to have fun, but I have fun taking it seriously (if that makes sense). Video games are fun, and when I play them, I like to play the best I can. It's more fun to win than lose, so I always play seriously and the best I can because thats whats fun for me. The same applies to every other game I play.

Comment

i play to get unlocks...
                        but now since i am getting most of my unlocks..
                        i think i am playing bec i can never do those things in real life due to my physical size..
                        but the show shooter did make me want to be a sniper...
                        ahahhaha

Comment

Tell you why? Said it ages ago that it down to who can become top of the league. I can remember that BlaZiN.uk was once top and so many people started slagging him off just for been top. The stress of just one game is horrible but that all it is a game

Look at this to see what I mean how nasty and narrow minds some people have just for a person to be a top player like BlaZiN.uk

Some people are only jealously of other who have achieved something in life. Sad should get out more and stop worrying what others are doing. I killed him a number of times since 99.99% of the time he was a medic. Now has anyone complain why are the Germans top? Has anyone said they hack cheat or other things? Rest my case

Comment

Originally posted by Bushkilla187 View Post
                            OK, don't get me wrong right off the bat...I love BF2 just like any other G36E shootin mutha f--ka.

BUT!.... let's just put this in a psychological sense right now.

What makes you BF2er's click?

Why is it?... that blastin down a digital representation of some random person you'll never meet....sometimes the high-light of your day???
                            I don't take the game seriously but I do enjoy the challenge it offers in terms of improving my gaming skills against other "live" people. There's definitely an adrenaline rush that comes when playing the game and I think that helps explain why people can/will sit down and play for hours on end. I also really like the team aspect of the game. When I'm in a squad that is using VOIP, spawning on the squad leader, playing together and working for a common goal there is no better gaming experience (that I've found). Finally, I find when playing BF2 that I can put whatever problems I've had at work or home completely out of my mind as I get 100% involved in the game.

Comment

jlspence says I don't take the game seriously but I do enjoy the challenge it offers in terms of improving my gaming skills against other "live" people.

Good point still think that it is down to who can become worlds number one top dog.

Has anyone suffered from stress in the game? What I mean by shouting out, swearing either online or whilst at home, Getting Tk by your team mates. Just be interesting to know if you get all upset and shout and feel like smashing the game agaist the wall in frustration

Comment

Stats !

Comment

Working...
                                X