medics, reload or heal first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: medics, reload or heal first?

I know what you mean...i would definitely reload then throw down medipacks...as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVuwj66NFvU

Comment

I'd hold the medipack infront of me and not on the floor because it'll appear on the enemys HUD, id get my health to around half and then reload, and then scarper to somewhere safe and heal myself completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
        You can first throw a medpack on the ground and then reload as you go over it.
        I was wondering when someone was going to say that.

Still if you get into a tight spot your knife is your best freind

Comment

Drop medpack and use shock paddles. Bunny hop like a retard until the enemy also needs to reload, then paddle them. Hopefully they're prone.

Comment

1) Heal first, bunny hop away or...
            2) Heal first, and pick up a dead guys kit, or if that is empty, procede to bunnyhop away

Comment

Is there any other way than hopping like a retard?

I'm pretty sure thats not what the makers of the game had in mind. They would have named it Bunny Forces 2.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzehtarek View Post

I'm pretty sure thats not what the makers of the game had in mind. They would have named it Bunny Forces 2.
                Bunnyfield 2! Can you find the eggs?

Lol, i usually go for my pistol in situations like that and heal/reload afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by hamzehtarek View Post

They had 5 zillion patches where they could have nerfed it. The funny thing is that their buggy network code makes it so you can prone stupidly fast on reasonably high pinged servers & people can't usually hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                    They had 5 zillion patches where they could have nerfed it. The funny thing is that their buggy network code makes it so you can prone stupidly fast on reasonably high pinged servers & people can't usually hit you.
                    So much for realism. The armies of the world would have been killing machines if that kind of thing was real. Ah well, its 24/7 Easter on BF2!!! My what a big fat black egg in the bushes....

Comment

I dont think this question can be answered... its one of those things where you'll have to decide depending on the situation. I tend to heal first, but if theirs two guys running around a corner i will reload while scanning the area for spammed medi-packs.

Comment

Throw a pack on the ground, then reload.

You should take the pistol out as a backup anyway. That's the point of it. Even still, throw a pack on the ground and run over it until you are healed. Make sure you don't throw it at the guy you are shooting!

Comment

Reloading takes ages, just throw a med pack in front or into somewhere where there is cover and reload over the medpack. you can throw a medpack and switch back to gun to start reload in like 1 second if you got a mouse with side buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by CreativePL View Post
                            I throw medpack and reload, if i see the enemy i throw grenades, so I have more chances to kill him- with few bars of health you can't kill any1 with pistol :shakehead:
                            Yes you can, I was speaking from experience since the pistol has saved me many times. When both you and your enemey start shooting at eachother and both of you run out of amo and both of you have only few bars left, it's funny how I always reach for my pistol and survive while most of the players will reach for another rifle magazine and die in the meantime.

Comment

I guess it all depends on the situation. One thing I dont do is panic. I keep a clear head on my shoulders. In a multiple enemy situation I find cover ASAP or haul a** out of there....never forgeting to leave a friendly grenade behind me.

In 1v1 situations.....my next move is determined by my opponents kit. Support and Assault players tend to be more aggressive (partly due to their armor), so a quick drop of the med pack...with a slight hesitation to reload (given I have cover). The last few bullets in my clip has saved me countless times.

It all seems complicated but its become second nature to me. Ive come to the point where Im very aware of my surroundings and can handle most situations.

BTW......Has anyone ever revived a fallen comrad during a fight just for the simple purpose of letting that guy be the "scapegoat". I do that all the time and kind of felt guilty at times. Ive come to realize that even during a fire fight your opponent will stop shooting at you and go for the poor schmuck on the floor who has no clue whats going on. Giving me enough time to reload or haul butt.

Comment

300 plus hours as medic and I don't know what I do first. Never really thought about it. Just react to the situation and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X