Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Get Repeat Business As Sl?

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
    Usally it does not matter who the squad leader is he is just a mobile spawn point. Its when you have a squad full of people who communicate that they rejoin and often with a diffrent Sl. SL does not take alot of skill just some knowledge of how the squad concept works in game.
    Agreed but there seems to not be many squad leaders around. Like last night I was in a Karkand server that my squad affiliates with, I started a squad and had people join it (1 was one of our allied clansmen) but the squad filled up. We worked together as a team over VOIP and owned up the opposite team (Round before was much closer in score). So at the end of the round they all asked me to be squad leader again so I did, locked it down, and invited the same 5. We owned them for the next 2 rounds then lost the 3rd by 20 points. It was one of the better pubbing teamwork days I've had lately.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
      Usally it does not matter who the squad leader is he is just a mobile spawn point. Its when you have a squad full of people who communicate that they rejoin and often with a diffrent Sl. SL does not take alot of skill just some knowledge of how the squad concept works in game.
      I disagree. In terms of effectiveness of the squad, it does matter who the squad leader is, just as it matters that the squad members are smart enough and team-oriented enough to ONLY spawn in on their squad leader. As documented in numerous threads in these forums, the most effective squad leader knows the maps, knows the flow of the battles, knows when to fight and when to defend, knows when to charge into a fight and when to stay back. I hate having people in my squad that don't spawn in on me. They end up scattered all over the map like cats and they're just as useless.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA View Post
        Hi all,

Just wondering how many people here have led so well that they usually have the same people joining their squad round after round. Personally, it happens to me allot and it's nice to know that my style of leading is appreciated and helpful. What is my style you ask? I usually try to command clearly and don't sound wishy washy, I always tell my squad mates to get on comms if they have it and I try to explain the reason for my orders. I've found that once my squad knows why I've given out the order, they will follow it to the end. Something else I do is give my squad a choice. I don't always have the answers so when I'm a bit confused I invite my squad to call in suggestions, then we all agree and I give out the command reminding them to accept it so they get points for it. Lastly I'll CLEARLY say what kits the squad needs for the task at hand. I find this really helps.

By the same token, I have verbally given $**** to squad members who do not follow orders. I've often said "Guys SPAWN IN ON ME OR LEAVE THE SQUAD!!! WE WORK TOGETHER OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, I DON'T GIVE A $HIT!" And if this doesen't hit home, I kick them from the squad and invite different people. Yeah I'll admit it's blunt but I've found it VERY effective. My team usually wins, there is WAYYY more teamwork in the squad and I find we have way more fun. I'd say my style of leading it blunt, to the point but very fair. I usually like to drive the APC but I'll always let someone else drive it if they can do the job just as well or better. I know this is all coming across as arrogant but I'm really having allot of success with this style of leading and I'm wondering what other styles are out there and how much success Squad leaders have had with it.

Getting the flame suit ready now.

Cheers
        You should play PR. It's way to many stupid SL's there who just rush or dont set up rally points.

Comment

You're on Suckah *****!!!!! LOL

"Give me a solid, good, competent jet pilot as a support, and you can have your comms. Guess who will have an upper hand? When were talking about a competent helo crew, its just game over for the squad with comms."

I'll take that challenge any day!!!! You name the time and date and I'll meet you on the =SF= (Sovereign Forces) 24/7 Highway Tampa Server. We each picl our teams. Checkpoint West will be the target. I hold, you attack. Let's put this to the test.

Anyone wanna join Team Akula?

Comment

I sure would, if I wasn't guaranteed to get like 330 ping.

Comment

Re: You're on Suckah *****!!!!! LOL

"Give me a solid, good, competent jet pilot as a support, and you can have your comms. Guess who will have an upper hand? When were talking about a competent helo crew, its just game over for the squad with comms."

I'll take that challenge any day!!!! You name the time and date and I'll meet you on the =SF= (Sovereign Forces) 24/7 Highway Tampa Server. We each picl our teams. Checkpoint West will be the target. I hold, you attack. Let's put this to the test.

Anyone wanna join Team Akula?

Nah, you might shout at me if i don't play the game like you think it should

Comment

Well guys this is a sure fire way to test out our theories I say put up or shut up. I'll do it. Seriously, I want to see how well we do.

Originally posted by bazzamattaza View Post
                Nah, you might shout at me if i don't play the game like you think it should

I don't shout. I communicate clearly

Comment

Why not. I´ll stay in touch. Just remember to not to flame the fck out of your squad, in case things dont go your way

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                    Why not. I´ll stay in touch. Just remember to not to flame the fck out of your squad, in case things dont go your way

No I won't be like that at all seeing as how the teams will probably be knowledgeable players.... If you have Messenger, we can chat to arrange a time. I'm at necky44@hotmail.com

Guys I don't want you to think of this as team this or team that. I just want those who beleive in comms to join my team and test the Comms no comms theories. No harm no fowl. I'd love to hear from you all.

Comment

For the sake of argument, you should arrange a group of privates or total newbies in comms against skilled and experienced players without comms, if youre THAT certain in your argument

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                        For the sake of argument, you should arrange a group of privates or total newbies in comms against skilled and experienced players without comms, if youre THAT certain in your argument

Uhh no.... WTF????

The deal is EQUALLY SKILLED SQUADS.... ONE USES COMMS, THE OTHER DOES NOT. THAT'S THE DEAL. Like I said, put up or shut up. you're the one who is so cocksure of success and now that I've called your bluff you want to change things? I don't think so. It's your call, you know where to reach me.

Comment

Uhh no.... WTF????

The deal is EQUALLY SKILLED SQUADS.... ONE USES COMMS, THE OTHER DOES NOT. THAT'S THE DEAL. Like I said, put up or shut up. you're the one who is so cocksure of success and now that I've called your bluff you want to change things? I don't think so. It's your call, you know where to reach me.
                          Way to put up a tantrum! :laugh:

I was just poking at you, too bad you went all pissy about it and didnt get it. As I said, I accept your challenge. Theres no "my squad vs your squad" however, as Ill probably be alone in the jet on one team, facing yours.

Comment

Yay another totalbf2 flame way as usual.

Man I'm glad I made the switch to PR..............

Comment

You know the deal. $hit or get off the pot

Comment

Working...
                              X