Custom maps and servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom maps and servers

Hey all, just wondering if there are any servers running custom maps and where to find them? and I don't mean mods like poe or pr.

any ideas?

apologises if this has been asked before

Re: Custom maps and servers

Some servers do run them, but 99% of the time they are empty. Use a dedicated server finder like Game Monitor or All seeing eye to find them.

Comment

Depends on the map most custom maps that are not in a mod are empty unless its like BF2C airshow.

Comment

The CAL custom maps get played in BF2Pro occasionally.

Comment

Type in chopper in the search box and it comes up with a few chopper "madness" servers. Basically instead of there being one chopper there are loads and the spawn time is really short. Its fun

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
            Type in chopper in the search box and it comes up with a few chopper "madness" servers. Basically instead of there being one chopper there are loads and the spawn time is really short. Its fun
            and a good way, to get the players/ admins reset and server taken away (if its ranked). cause changeing spawn times is not allowed by ROE.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamshannon8
              and a good way, to get the players/ admins reset and server taken away (if its ranked). cause changeing spawn times is not allowed by ROE.
              I assume he's talking about modded maps which means it's unranked and RoE does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                I assume he's talking about modded maps which means it's unranked and RoE does not apply.
                if its ranked, then it cant be a modded map, yes.

Comment

Cheers for that lads. Do most custom maps support single player, do you know?

Comment

well obviously they are unranked that goes without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.nd View Post
                      Some do if the author took the time to do it. I believe it can be done in BF2Editor, correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamshannon8
                        Jesus, someones quick to assume the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
                          Some do if the author took the time to do it. I believe it can be done in BF2Editor, correct me if I'm wrong, guys.
                          As long as it isn't the initial August 2005 release of the editor which had no bot support. I would say most custom maps probably don't support SP since bot support is not a simple matter to add (search for "navmesh" which is what BF2 calls the bot pathing info). There are a fairly small number of people who have done the bot support for most maps that have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.nd View Post

:nod:

Comment

Indeed, that is where most of the SP mappers hang out. And the forums seem to be back up fortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X