Maps for badges like veteran and expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maps for badges like veteran and expert

Just picked up Veteran Engy thanks to some of these tips.

My feeling is that you just have to get lucky and have the right circumstances. I got mine repairing assets on the Moon Gamers Mostly Warlord server. The Insurgent commander just kept blowing up the SAS assets - twice around for everything and I got it. If I had the time, I could probably have picked up the expert as well.

After trying many different things over the past two days, I really think repairing assets are the way to go. Unless you're the only Engy in a huge armor battle, there's just not enough action to get a point in my experience. Whereas with assets, if it's destroyed, you're guaranteed one point repairing it.

Good luck.

Comment

I guess you have to come to an implicit understanding with enemy spec-ops that you won't ambush him when he blows up assets, and he won't ambush you when you go to repair them

Maybe best on a quiet server where there's no commander... so no one minds the missing assets, & the rounds last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by gee-queue
        I guess you have to come to an implicit understanding with enemy spec-ops that you won't ambush him when he blows up assets, and he won't ambush you when you go to repair them

Maybe best on a quiet server where there's no commander... so no one minds the missing assets, & the rounds last longer.
        Oh he was getting killed by both me and the SAS commander. He just kept coming back.

I do, however, have to admit that I might have let him blow a couple of assets BEFORE I killed him. :nod:

Comment

The engineer badge and repairs arent that hard. I went on a karkand server and spent 3 rounds in a tank, that did it for expert engineer kills. For the repair points I went and found a squad leader in a tank and joined his squad. I was the gunner in his tank and when he got hit I would jump out and jump on the back of his tank, lay down, and wrench away. That way I could respawn on my squad leader when I got killed and jump on the back of his tank and repair him. When on the back of a tank laying down you will get killed when the tank does and the ride will be bumpy (really does a number on your video, what you see on screen). While rideing as the gunner you will also pick up some points from near by damaged vehicles.

I was lucky when I did the repair points and the tank driver was a medic so that kept me alive longer, I died only twice. Also the tank driver realized what was going on early on and got a gold star for his efforts. I did a couple other things also like removeing mines while he supplied cover fire and set my own mines too. That should get you the badge you need. Good Luck. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by red88 View Post
            for transport just go com and sit in a jeep, works for everything really apart from heal and resupply. Obviosly you would have to play com proply and get the points. For heal go to an IO Karkand server.
            Do the arty kills sitting in a jeep as com count as roadkills?

Comment

I got my Vet Transport in Jalalabad. Just keep running over people in the dune buggy as USMC. Might be harder as MEC but I don't know. Have a friend who got his in Wake driving around the Chinese held airfield in Wake. He got his Expert there.

I got my vet Engineering in Highway Tampa. Lots of armour and lots of bombs from jets that don't quite kill. Not sure if I got lucky or not.

Got my expert first aid in Sharqi as MEC. The USMC chopper seemed to be wounding a lot of people but not killing them. I think for the whole round I got 5-6 kills and for the rest I just kept throwing out med kits and holding the med bag. There was a big sniper fest between the construction site and TV station so each mostly dead sniper contributed one heal to the total.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by lynxlyran View Post
              Do the arty kills sitting in a jeep as com count as roadkills?
              Nope, you actually have to run them over and kill them.

Comment

karkand is good fr a lot of the get X kills badges

Comment

Working...
                X