Maps for badges like veteran and expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps for badges like veteran and expert

Which map is the best to gain the following and any advice on how to go about it?
    Veteran transport badge
    expert engineer
    Veteran Medic first aid badge

For the engineer did the 1.41 patch change anything? I am led to believe that the patch did change the engineer point that made it no longer possible to get into a tank and fix the apc for example with out getting out. May be wrong. Is a 30 man server is good for this badge something with tanks and the like in and uav is this right?

for the transport badge I got booted off for running over other people from admins on a few servers and then stupid votes come up when I run someone over who just can't take it. Which is the best map for this type of award

As for the medic first aid badge is it the first aid bag that is dropped and collected by my team player count or do I have to stand next to a person with low health

Sorry so many new questions I did do a search and learnt allot from that and I am now heading to gain some awards for a change. Any help most welcome

thank u

Re: Maps for badges like veteran and expert

yeah hop into a 30 / 64 player server so the tickets dont run out as fast. i have no idea how to get the basic engy badge cuz i cant get any repair points. soemtimes i dont even get one for repairing an artillery piece

not sure which map, but karkand should be good enuff for the first aid and i i htink wake island is a good map to get road kills. just hop into a DPV and zoom onto the airfield. ppl usually arent able to hit those ppl. just hit and run

Comment

Good old round of Karky should get you vet first aid. Veteran transport should be attainable on Sharqi. Plenty of good spots to use the .50 cal on infy and the choppers and you can run people over easy too. Expert engineer you should just grab a vehicle on whatever map as long as it is only 40/64 or something.

Cheers

P.S. Either way of healing gives you healing points, but you should always throw them (you can chase after the guy all clumped together if you want, but it ain't smart).

Comment

Expert Engy on Oman,

you might find a nice pilot of the SU willing to bomb the arty a few times so you can go fix it

Comment

Originally posted by simon1973 View Post
          Which map is the best to gain the following and any advice on how to go about it?
          Veteran transport badge
          expert engineer
          Veteran Medic first aid badge

For the engineer did the 1.41 patch change anything? I am led to believe that the patch did change the engineer point that made it no longer possible to get into a tank and fix the apc for example with out getting out. May be wrong. Is a 30 man server is good for this badge something with tanks and the like in and uav is this right?

for the transport badge I got booted off for running over other people from admins on a few servers and then stupid votes come up when I run someone over who just can't take it. Which is the best map for this type of award

As for the medic first aid badge is it the first aid bag that is dropped and collected by my team player count or do I have to stand next to a person with low health

Sorry so many new questions I did do a search and learnt allot from that and I am now heading to gain some awards for a change. Any help most welcome

thank u

Veteran Transport - Road to Jalalabad. Make sure your on the US side and go between the Junkyard, Hotel and market. Make sure you dont stop and just keep going. I made an account for just running people over on Jalalabad, constantly averaged around 15-20 kills around on a full server.

Expert Engy - Can't help ya, I still don't have mine Not that I've really tried to get it though. I got close on a long Karkand round once. I had 9 repair points. Just sit in an APC and hope that the driver uses his head and sticks with the other armour.

Highway to Tampa might be easy though. Theres alot of armour there.

Veteran Medic - Definately Karkand.

Comment

Getting Vet repair for the Eng is tough, but doable.
            I got mine by hanging out near the uncap, since the assets there were being constantly hit, and running back and forth repairing everything.
            I only got 2 kills and captured no flags, but I finally got the Vet repair badge.
            Being in a vech with a group of other vechs will also net you lots of repair points.

Comment

Highway Tampa for engy, if you stick with other tanks you can have 10 (yes.. small amount but more than most maps) repair points easy without thinking of it too much.

Comment

Many thanks for everyone who has helped me in my topic and I am going to give your suggestions a good go.

Cheer

Comment

I did it got the Veteran transport badge also a person reported me to the admin forum for he thought that running him over was not on :laugh:

Anyway, must aim to get my veteran jet and chopper badges and work for them next. So I am off to play by myself to learn how to fly the flipping chopper as I am no good. Thanks for all your help in the above question.

Comment

When I tried to get my Vet engy I just drove a Humvee around the map drawing bombs from the jets and then repaired the Humvee and any damaged tanks I found a swell as repairing the assets.

Comment

for transport just go com and sit in a jeep, works for everything really apart from heal and resupply. Obviosly you would have to play com proply and get the points. For heal go to an IO Karkand server.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                        yeah hop into a 30 / 64 player server so the tickets dont run out as fast. i have no idea how to get the basic engy badge cuz i cant get any repair points. soemtimes i dont even get one for repairing an artillery piece
                        repairing one doesn't give 1 point it takes a little more repairing.

Comment

Do you get repair points for fixing unmaned vehicles? I'm guessing you don't. Still can't get the basic Repair badge after 40+ hours as Engi, always fall 1 short every round I try.

Also which map is good for whoring it in a tank? Trying to go for Vet Engi Combat and the tank ribbon at the sametime. On highly populated 64 Jellybad I get very close.

Comment

Originally posted by Noble Rotter View Post
                            Do you get repair points for fixing unmaned vehicles? I'm guessing you don't. Still can't get the basic Repair badge after 40+ hours as Engi, always fall 1 short every round I try.

Also which map is good for whoring it in a tank? Trying to go for Vet Engi Combat and the tank ribbon at the sametime. On highly populated 64 Jellybad I get very close.
                            vehicle has to be manned.

go karkand 64 with about 15 or so people playing should get vet engy if you can armor whore or play at all.

the repair badge just follow a tank in a transport on an armor map theyll be under attack alot.

Comment

expert engineer is 20 repair points and veteran is 10 btw, to those who have seem to confused the two, yes the vehicle has to be occupied. i think i got my veteran on ghost town, some Spec-Ops kept insisting on blowing the assets. it took a few rounds to get it though. i must have massed up like 30-40 points in like 5 rounds going for it.

and conscript, it depends how damaged the assets are, and how long it takes even to get it to working again. repair points work on a continuous cycle throughout the round, you have to fill the bar 100% for one repair point. so if you repair a tank from half health, then repair 50% of an asset, that is 1 repair point. i have on a few occasions, where someone has put all 5 C4 on the UAV, obtained 3 repair points just from repairing it to full.

the veteran healing badge shouldnt be too much hastle for any medic who actually does his job. if you are really having trouble, go karkand IO and hope that a sniper fight amasses at train wreck across the river, as the points will come flying in, along with alot of rezzes as well.

Noble, just find a half full 64 sized Highway Tampa server for the Engy combat badge and ribbon. you should have no problem with the 20 kills, and as its only half full, the time should be plenty too, providing you dont get outcapped so tickets go quicker. will also help with the repair points too, if you stick as a group, and you'll last longer this way too.

Comment

Working...
                              X