Battlefield Podcast Episode 19 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Podcast Episode 19 Released

The team behind the Battlefield Podcast site have released episode 19 of their series today. This new episode includes chatter about the new 1.4 patch. Here's what they had to say:
    We proudly offer up Episode 19 for your listening and viewing pleasure. First up is an in-depth exclusive round table interview with DICE Sweden's Assistant Producer Gordon Van Dyke for the Battlefield 2142 Project. We really pulled out of all the stops on this one and cover in detail many of the great things to come with Battlefield 2142 from soup to nuts! Next up is the much anticipated Battlefield 2 1.4 official patch release announcement details. We also bring you news about the opening of the official Battlefield 2142 website, with all its super informative info about the next exciting title in the Battlefield Franchise! The Battlefield 2142 veterans program details were also released this week, and we go over all the cool perks from EA for current Battlefield 2 players that purchase Battlefield 2142. Of course we also bring you the week's top stories and our weekly tweak, tips, spotlights, and favorite moments. In addition we will also answer some of our listeners audio submitted questions and comments.

As always, be sure to grab the enhanced version to enjoy all the video and screenshot goodness!

Finally, be sure to check out the new Battlefield Podcast Daily News on our website and subscribe to get daily Battlefield news updates!

Click here to listen!

Be sure to check it out and post your feedback either in this thread, or in their forums. You can visit their site by clicking here.

Re: Battlefield Podcast Episode 19 Released

I use to be able to download the enhanced podcast for media player and view it when i wanted. On episode 17 I had to let media player finish buffering then I saved it. However, with episode 18 I can't even find where I can download it for media player. All that ever comes up is Quicktime within a browser. Is there any way I can actually download the enhanced podcast episodes as opposed to watching them while they stream?

Comment

is it just me or is the download speed from the podcast site is always like 14-60kbs.. ??

Comment

great!
        im curious, gordon is a real nice and easy going guy, and closer to the source you almost cant get on Official 2142 info

im checking the cast later tomorrow keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelzatron
          I use to be able to download the enhanced podcast for media player and view it when i wanted. On episode 17 I had to let media player finish buffering then I saved it. However, with episode 18 I can't even find where I can download it for media player. All that ever comes up is Quicktime within a browser. Is there any way I can actually download the enhanced podcast episodes as opposed to watching them while they stream?

Yeah its a shame they dont do the mpg enhanced version anymore but anyway, to download it right click the download link and save link/target as and save it to ur desktop, I tried useing firefox with this method and it only saved it as a html page but in other browsers it works and saves it as a mp4.

It would be cool if they started doing the enhanced mpg file again tho .

Comment

ita also a shame tht i cant download the enhanced version to my ipod

Comment

Hey guys if your having trouble with getting the enhanced version to download using FireFox, you have to just simply change one setting. Follow these directions Go to- Tools/Options/Downloads Tab/View and edit actions/ scroll to the MP4 entry ther might be 2 MP4's for some reason mine did/ click on it and either click remove action or you can just click to have FireFox download it. I like to remove the action though that way FireFox will ask me what to do everytime. This is how you also get other file formates to just download instead of open like pescky PDF files that usually lock up FireFox you can instead just download them. If your still lost just PM me for more instruction.

Also the reason why the download are so HORRIBLY SLOW now is because they moved there file hosting to MYIS, which no offense MYIS but your download speed are SLOW (please don't delete my post)

Can't wait to hear this podcast when it gets done dowloading though.

Comment

Originally posted by PvtShifty18
                Hey guys if your having trouble with getting the enhanced version to download using FireFox, you have to just simply change one setting. Follow these directions Go to- Tools/Options/Downloads Tab/View and edit actions/ scroll to the MP4 entry ther might be 2 MP4's for some reason mine did/ click on it and either click remove action or you can just click to have FireFox download it. I like to remove the action though that way FireFox will ask me what to do everytime. This is how you also get other file formates to just download instead of open like pescky PDF files that usually lock up FireFox you can instead just download them. If your still lost just PM me for more instruction.

Also the reason why the download are so HORRIBLY SLOW now is because they moved there file hosting to MYIS, which no offense MYIS but your download speed are SLOW (please don't delete my post)

Cheers for the info there mate very handy .

Argh theres no bloody mp4 option in my list lol man.

Comment

Good episode, cool interview with the DICE guy.

/looks out for lex luthor in BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by PvtShifty18

That's not correct. Our files are hosted on free bandwidth at archive.org. Why? We can't afford to pay for upwards of 1TB of monthly bandwidth.

However, the mp4 files at least keep filesizes down.

Originally posted by AJED (G.Drew)
                    ita also a shame tht i cant download the enhanced version to my ipod
                    Why not? mp4 files are very much iPod Video compatible...

Comment

yay new pod cast

Comment

Originally posted by {TKM}MiK
                        Argh theres no bloody mp4 option in my list lol man.
                        Hmm that doesn't make any sense try removing the MOV selection aswell since I saw they redirected a file in that formate.

And my bad ChalkOne I assummed that since your server moved to MYIS you hosted files there aswell. I guess the hosting you use must just be getting bogged down or something.

Comment

Originally posted by |.SeSo.|Snake
                          is it just me or is the download speed from the podcast site is always like 14-60kbs.. ??
                          Getting it at 747KB/Sec...It's either a server load issue or an ISP issue...

Comment

i love the podcasts, but here in little old uk download speeds suck even at like 2am in the morning took me about 1and a half hours to download enhanced version but its worth it too watch and the interview was good with dice guy on vehicles in 2142 and the incites into the kits and unlocks.

Very good 10 out of 10 for content 5 out of ten for download speeds to U.K

Keep up the good work chalk1&2 and the other dude i forget his name lol
                            GI jersey lol sorry dude how can i forget u hope this patch comes about 3pm uk time thats about wot 10 am est is ea/dice east coast or west or central i forget????

Comment

G.I.Jersey

Sometimes it takes me 1.5 hours to download an episode of DL.TV and they have pretty mad bandwidth not to mention a budget You'll just have to bear that part of it

Comment

Working...
                              X