Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the modders out there still working on there MODS like POE and DESERT CONLICT-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the modders out there still working on there MODS like POE and DESERT CONLICT-

You really need to finish your mods the date is coming close to where EA is going to release there beta stage of bf2142 and then they will release the real game...why dont you just finish up what you have now...you have more then enough to be a good mod because once the demo is out i dont think anyone is going to be waiting to download your mod when the new game is coming so close so what im saying is if your a modder and happen to read this please just finish it up so you will actually have people playing it...

does anyone else agree?

Re: To all the modders out there still working on there MODS like POE and DESERT CONLICT-

true, very true.

Comment

Re: To all the modders out there still working on there MODS like POE and DESERT CONLICT-

no there are going to be ppl that download it not many are going to buy 2142 cuz its just a remake of the bf2 engine and every1 knows how much a pos that is

Comment

And when they release it in a couple of days with bugs you will complain how bad it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
          no there are going to be ppl that download it not many are going to buy 2142 cuz its just a remake of the bf2 engine and every1 knows how much a pos that is

i think a lot more people are gonna be downloading the beta then a mod...

Originally posted by DesertFox
          And when they release it in a couple of days with bugs you will complain how bad it is.

im sure it will have bugs but all betas do...hopefully someone will fix it.

Comment

Re: To all the modders out there still working on there MODS like POE and DESERT CONL

Originally posted by ASSASSINXKILLA
            You really need to finish your mods the date is coming close to where EA is going to release there beta stage of bf2142 and then they will release the real game...why dont you just finish up what you have now...you have more then enough to be a good mod because once the demo is out i dont think anyone is going to be waiting to download your mod when the new game is coming so close so what im saying is if your a modder and happen to read this please just finish it up so you will actually have people playing it...

does anyone else agree?

Alot of people won't play 2142 just for the simple fact that it is in the future. They want modern combat games.

I myself plan to try the demo out but don't plan on buying the game for at least a year or so.

Comment

I agree with the whole "It's done when it's done" approach.

Think about it - a full mod is relseased with all the promised features implemented. You enjoy it and stay with the mod.

Now, the same mod is released early, half done. You play it, and your first impression is "Wow.. this sucks..". So, when the full mod is released oyu don't download it.

Simple.

If you want to tell the modders when to release their mods well.. why don't you make one. Then you can release it whenever you want, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
                I agree with the whole "It's done when it's done" approach.

Think about it - a full mod is relseased with all the promised features implemented. You enjoy it and stay with the mod.

Now, the same mod is released early, half done. You play it, and your first impression is "Wow.. this sucks..". So, when the full mod is released oyu don't download it.

Simple.

If you want to tell the modders when to release their mods well.. why don't you make one. Then you can release it whenever you want, okay?
                not a modder...

Comment

not a modder...
                  Then dont tell people when to release.

Comment

I think what modders should do is look for bugs in what they have done or almost done and then release that then work on the other maps they planned to release.

Comment

im not "TELLING THEM" im asking them since i want to play the mod but before 2142 because then there wont be a community playing that mod...man did this turn into a flame war...

Comment

does anyone else agree?
                        EA is getting ready for the "LIMITED" beta release if BF2142... Below is a quote from one of my members, who works on the Geek Squad at his local Best Buy....
                        EA assigned 750 Geek Squad employees to beta test the game. This is EA's biggest beta testing unit assigned ever! When I got my e-mail from our headquaters it stated that EA was wanting beta testing on a large scale to drift away from their past failures. So from the inside, EA, is taking a new direction on its failures. I'll let you guys know how this turns out. I can't wait to get my hands on it and start looking for the bugs.

I was picked to beta test Battlefield 2142. EA picked a number of Geek Squad employees to beta test the new game and I was one of them. Not many details now but I will receive more information from EA soon about my one working license and where to download
                        Now is the time for the BF2 mod teams to release beta 1 or 2 releases of their mods. FH2, POE and many others need to begin their cram sessions to get the community something. As soon as BF2142 is released for beta focus will begin to shift and the community will begin its inevitable split.

Comment

Unfortunately, I know how insanely difficult modding is, and that quality mods should not be rushed.

However..... forgotten hope 2 is a good example. Their FIRST release, north africa, will probably be out within the year....

Whereas Western Europe will debut in 2011, Eastern Europe in 2013, Japanese theatre in 2015, and probably Italian theatre in 2017. (if you are offended by these figures, Prove me wrong! please!)

Seriously..... its worth waiting this long to play ALL of those theatres, or perhaps the best one, which is Western and Eastern Europe.

The north african theatre will play a lot like El Alamein and Desertshield, the best maps of desert combat. However, there wont be any urban fighting in the cities of Europe or Russia.

Why not make a few maps from North Africa, and a few from Europe and Russia for the first release, for real variety with fun replay? Instead of a ton of identical North African maps, which only the best one will be played anyway.

But instead, Forgotten Hope seems intent on making 15 different marks of Panzer IIIs, including some that only 9 copies of which were made, or simply had a different machine gun, or different type of paint applied.

In game of course, they all play the exact same. Im a huge WWII history buff, but we dont need this exacting realism in the game: one or two varieties of panzer III are plenty! Just release it this decade!

Comment

Working...
                          X