Wow! Killzone 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow! Killzone 2...

If you're wondering why the 360 games are all looking better than the PS3 games, it's because the time that the PS3 game developing companies have had to use the system, figure out how it works and all that type stuff. I'm quite certain that in a year PS3 will have 360 beat in graphics...

Oh, bye the way, I don't have a PS3 or 360

Comment

Originally posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
      Have you seen the screen shots for Socom for the PS3 also. LoL that looks almost as worse as Killzone 2.
      A LA: Copied graw 2s style of gameplay ftl.

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker View Post
      yeah thats obvious, but i mean they have taken already one SKU out of the market, now they are going for the 2nd,

60BG and 80GB in the market are a great deal
      yo matt lets play some rs:veags sumtime, im a elite >.>

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
        A LA: Copied graw 2s style of gameplay ftl.

yo matt lets play some rs:veags sumtime, im a elite >.>
        sure, still 2nd LT here, one bar to go

another thing

Little Big Planet>Killzone 2

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
          Is it me or all anti-killzone have either a halo sig, a halo avatar, both, or own a 360?
          Sorry, but I plan on picking up a PS3 once the 80GB model is easy to find. Also, I'm not a some blind moron tootin' my own horn. LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOT on the first page and tell me those textures look good. They don't!

The people who own a PS3 at this point and time are only excited because it's one of the few games they have to look forward to RIGHT NOW. Let me tell you something, Killzone sucked! Guerilla is probably not going to deliver based upon what they've done in the past.

I'm so sorry I have a Master Chief avatar and own a 360 as well as two PCs. Halo has established itself as a franchise and impressed many, with the likes of the BF series, Half-Life series, Unreal series, etc etc. Killzone hasn't. That's what I base my impressions upon. Who knows, maybe Guerilla will pull something out of their *** and impress me, but I don't have high hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
            Sorry, but I plan on picking up a PS3 once the 80GB model is easy to find. Also, I'm not a some blind moron tootin' my own horn. LOOK AT THE SCREEN SHOT on the first page and tell me those textures look good. They don't!

The people who own a PS3 at this point and time are only excited because it's one of the few games they have to look forward to RIGHT NOW. Let me tell you something, Killzone sucked! Guerilla is probably not going to deliver based upon what they've done in the past.

I'm so sorry I have a Master Chief avatar and own a 360 as well as two PCs. Halo has established itself as a franchise and impressed many, with the likes of the BF series, Half-Life series, Unreal series, etc etc. Killzone hasn't. That's what I base my impressions upon. Who knows, maybe Guerilla will pull something out of their *** and impress me, but I don't have high hopes.
            i own a PS3, no good games at the moment, right now i only use it for the BD player, i want little big planet and MGS4

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker View Post
              i own a PS3, no good games at the moment, right now i only use it for the BD player, i want little big planet and MGS4
              I'm itchin' to buy one soon. Do you think it's worth a buy right now, or should I wait a month or two?

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun View Post
                I'm itchin' to buy one soon. Do you think it's worth a buy right now, or should I wait a month or two?
                depends on what you want, 60 or 80 GB, u can get a cheaper and bigger hard drive for 100 dollars if thats the case.

the price drop is a good deal, but if youre thinking of getting one, you must do it now, since no more 60GB are being produced.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
                  Halo has established itself as a franchise and impressed many, with the likes of the BF series, Half-Life series, Unreal series, etc etc.
                  ´

I stopped taking any of your garbage seriously here. Please do not compare HALO to the titles many consider legendary not because of the HYPE surrounding them, but truly groundbreaking, refreshing and innovative approaches in multiplayer online gaming.

If HALO was an "impressive" franchise, it wouldnt have flopped like a can of old tuna in the PC market. I actually tried it on PC, and I uninstalled it with disgust, because FEAR and HL1 were waiting to be replayed... for god knows how many times.

All HALO really did was bring a first, serious MP FPS experience on a console. Thats pretty much it.

As for people with MC sig/avatar, you didnt get the message.

The people I know who got the X360, are mature, well behaving and respectable members of their communities, do not play HALO, nor are they awaiting for HALO3. Thats probably a hint enough.

As for the screenshot, do me a favour and check the presented Master Chief "photo" with 2D trees on it. Remember- Resident Evil Outbreak looked spectacular, totally magnificent, but only because it had prerendered backgrounds.

Comment

If you remember Halo started off as a Mac game and a ton of people looking forward to it. If Microsoft hadn't bought Bungie and Halo didn't end up on Xbox, who knows where gaming might be today? The game would've been epic whether or not it was released on a console. To think or say otherwise is douche-baggery.

I think you're the one who's full of ****. Halo is an accomplished series and the third iteration will sell just as well as the last two. The story is probably the most impressive element of the series. The gameplay is lengendary as well. It is the standard for all console FPS to this day. That's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun View Post
                      If you remember Halo started off as a Mac game and a ton of people looking forward to it. If Microsoft hadn't bought Bungie and Halo didn't end up on Xbox, who knows where gaming might be today? The game would've been epic whether or not it was released on a console. To think or say otherwise is douche-baggery.
                      If it was released for MACs, it would have been a complete disaster compared to the titles available at that time. Counter Strike would have alone swept it off the market. MACs arent consoles, thus people using them arent really in the same group whos playing HALO now.

I think you're the one who's full of ****. Halo is an accomplished series and the third iteration will sell just as well as the last two.
                      Its financial success is only legendary because of these factors-

1. It was the true first FPS MP game on a console (one that worked and brought the tiny bit of real FPS MP experience you get from PCs, to the kids who got their Xbox for Chrimbo)
                      2. It was MEGA hyped
                      3. It IS MEGA hyped

Its a financially and hypeancially established series, but is nowhere near the quality compared to storylines made by Japanese SP gamemakers and frankly, the established PC multiplayer games are unreachable for HALO.

So basically, take it as BF2, its a great game, but since DICE enjoys the monopoly in that area at the moment, they are enjoying their asses off and doin nothing to fix it. On HALO, its real competition at the moment is GoW, but before that, there was none, so they could enjoy the monopoly. Or, take it this way- a rotten cheesecake will always be more tasty than a piece of crap.

The story is probably the most impressive element of the series.
                      If its the most impressive element in the series, I will give you that point (its not really a factor). But to compare it to the true, well established story-driven games would be stupid, ignorant and it would be a sin.

The gameplay is lengendary as well. It is the standard for all console FPS to this day. That's saying something.
                      Gameplay isnt legendary, its just "adapted" and its the "first". Theres a big difference. And its a standard because of what exactly? Because its limited to hell knows what and others are too? Or because its innovative? Compared to what and howe exactly? The answer is, it really isnt legendary on its own, its just legendary to HALO fanbois.

Comment

Halo is popular purely through lack of choice on consoles. As Chris has already explained, it's failed spectacularly on the PC market, because of the gigantic choice in comparison with the XBox.

Every game has hype, some obviously have more hype than others, but I haven't seen anything as hyped as Halo 2 when I see people so dogmatically defend the painfully obvious parallels between Halo and Halo 2.

The only noticeable difference is XBox Live! ZOMG! Multiplayer, their only at least a decade behind the PC market.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerStickMan View Post
                          If you're wondering why the 360 games are all looking better than the PS3 games, it's because the time that the PS3 game developing companies have had to use the system, figure out how it works and all that type stuff. I'm quite certain that in a year PS3 will have 360 beat in graphics...

Oh, bye the way, I don't have a PS3 or 360
                          Shouldn't it be better becuase they had an extra year, to get there sh!t together?...lol.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                          ´

I stopped taking any of your garbage seriously here. Please do not compare HALO to the titles many consider legendary not because of the HYPE surrounding them, but truly groundbreaking, refreshing and innovative approaches in multiplayer online gaming.

If HALO was an "impressive" franchise, it wouldnt have flopped like a can of old tuna in the PC market. I actually tried it on PC, and I uninstalled it with disgust, because FEAR and HL1 were waiting to be replayed... for god knows how many times.

All HALO really did was bring a first, serious MP FPS experience on a console. Thats pretty much it.

As for people with MC sig/avatar, you didnt get the message.

The people I know who got the X360, are mature, well behaving and respectable members of their communities, do not play HALO, nor are they awaiting for HALO3. Thats probably a hint enough.

As for the screenshot, do me a favour and check the presented Master Chief "photo" with 2D trees on it. Remember- Resident Evil Outbreak looked spectacular, totally magnificent, but only because it had prerendered backgrounds.
                          AND HOW DO GAMES GET HYPE? Becuase the first two games generated that Hype themself...Duh! jackass.

The only reason why it did not make it on the PC market was becuase it came out 2 years after it came out on the Xbox... Thats like saying Crysis will look good in 2019...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
                            AND HOW DO GAMES GET HYPE? Becuase the first two games generated that Hype themself...Duh! jackass.
                            And how did the 2 games generate the hype? Because they were the market leaders. And they were p!sspoor games on their own. Its like an fat man winning the paraolympics marathon... running against legless people.

The only reason why it did not make it on the PC market was becuase it came out 2 years after it came out on the Xbox... Thats like saying Crysis will look good in 2019...lol.
                            So you think HALO flopped because it came later? Oh wait. Lets analyze this.

The only reason why it did not make it on the PC market was becuase it came out 2 years after it came out on the Xbox...
                            Translation- The reason why it did not make it on the PC market was because it came out 2 years later so the Xbox owners didnt feel the need to rebuy the game on the PC.

Yeah, I figured that too.

Comment

Working...
                            X