Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peeed off with the flaming , lets have a poll .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peeed off with the flaming , lets have a poll .

We work our arses off for hunderds of hours, and for what? a few pixels infront of our name?

hmmm with that out of the way, i would probably go on playing as normal

Comment

probly play PR , or Ghostrecon 3, OR ...
      try out Armed Assault =(
      but i really hope it get fixed

Comment

probably cut down a bit more, and create my own mod

Comment

Stats are a two edged sword for me.

One edge is mildly satisfied to hear that creaky voice going ' You have been awarded a medal'. As I never got none in school.

The other edge screams 'Oh man! My KDR's ***!

But a salient point is - no stats = no stat padders.

Leaving the game to the gamers.

Rock!

Comment

BF2 is a game, therefor fun is most important.
            Most game have an end, where BF2 has not.
            I think that is where the stats come in.
            If you want to get everything there is, then you have to play a while.
            Get every badge, ribbon and highest rank.
            Then you can say you have got 100% out of the game.

I love BF2, but enjoy my stats as well.
            I look up to high ranked officers, as they have the experience and I learn from that. If I see a lower rank, I have more chance to kill and get points (generally speaking ).

But I can imagine, the longer you play, the higher rank, the less interest in stats? Hopefully this poll will tell us the answer

Comment

I'd still play of course, but I bet the quality of players would go down. Stats are a good thing for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                Who are you to tell people what fun is? Surely, one can make up their own mind about what they find fun. If they do not find BF2 fun without stats, then that is their decision and it should be respected. Everyone is different.
                It depends on how you use them. The problem with stats is that to judge, you assume that the person has a 100% controlled environment and plays 100% efficiently - i.e. no random emptying of clips into the ground. They are good for comparing k/d ratios, the increase/decrease in kills per minute, and whatnot.

They are not good for earning retarded badges with unrealistic goals (it's not the badges, but the fact that every retard will play for a badge they cannot possibly earn very soon), and they are not good for ranking up kills (i.e. total kills). The first set of stats leads to GOOD playing. The latter leads to some idiot flipping a boat for 6 hours, or flying in a J10 day in day out and attacking a carrier just to see a bunch of white text scroll up to his left.

Solution? Make stats temporary, or just make a second set of stats aside from the overall that shows how you've performed in the last day/week/month or whatever.

Comment

well BF2 STARTED with stats, its not like they added ranked servers later kinda.

i remember a site that did stats besides EA's, been a year or more ago. anybody remember them? If EA/gamespy/whoever runs the current stats stop doing it, others will take over.

Comment

I would quit.

All of that time wasted, for nothing. No virtual medals or ribbons, and no way for others to tell that I'm superior to them :cry:.

I would go play CS!

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                      I would quit.

All of that time wasted, for nothing. No virtual medals or ribbons, and no way for others to tell that I'm superior to them :cry:.

I would go play CS!
                      OMG! W4TS UR HLST4TS RANK D00D? MINE IS TEH #1337 OLOLOLOL

Comment

I would cut down alot, get a new game. With bf2 its really a "been there, done that" situation.

Comment

I would continue as normal. Im not going to lie and say that stats meen NOTHING to me. If anything, they are fun to look at and see how you progress (if you gain points honestly). If the stats were no longer present, I would be disappointed, but I'd still play BF2 as much as I do now. I never go into a game thinking about raising my overall stats. I go in thinking about my points for the current game and where I stand compared to all the other players. When the game is over, I move on to the next.

Comment

In the long run, BF2 needs stats, it's the core of the game and the only thing that works (most times).
                            If the Anti-stat people get their way and EA cuts out stats, Within about a month, more then half of the people who play BF2 now, will quit and go onto either BF2 mods or other games. Even the Anti-stat people will get tried of playing it and quit as well.
                            Stats, no stas, it's a loses-loses game. There will always be the people who love stats, people who just like stats, and the people who hate stats.
                            When I used to play UT2004, there were stats and no one ever complained about them or anything. Why BF2 is different from UT2004, there was many reasons.
                            BF2 at it's original core, was a great game. No one cared about the stats, here was no hackers or aimboters, and almost no bad problems, and the only true problem everyone agueed on was the bunny hopping.
                            BF2 is still fun to play now, but most people like playing it more for the stats then the gameplay or anything else.
                            I do believe stats can work out and I do believe that they need to get fixed, but I don't aguee on removing them. I am Not saying the stats need to be in there, just cuz, I am saying the stats need to be in BF2, because it's what is apart of BF2.

Comment

i wouldnt mind if stats disappeared. ive played just as much in the last week or so as i have all month, and i didnt know there was any problem with stats until i looked at this forum. without stats, there would be no stat padders and very few cheaters, however people wouldnt care about tking anymore. i dont know if the good out weighs the bad, but the players who kept playing would be more fun to play with (except the tkers). the people who dont care about their rank are the same people who enjoy playing in a voip squad and using real teamwork.

Comment

So 44% of you so far would either cut down or give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA you had best sort out yer sh** guys . If that reflects the end of this poll then you guys are going to loose a shed load of servers/Income .

Lets see how it pans out ?

Comment

Working...
                                X