EA responds to stats issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA responds to stats issue

Shame on the people who are saying just drop the stats system. If YOU don't like it play on a non-ranked server. This thread is for people who want their stats working.

EA are useless, I'd be suprised if this is ever resolved

Comment

I am currently in game . and as it seems the problem is not fixed yet

Comment

Call me naive, but how hard is it to fix this? Before Thursday or whatever, the stats were fine. After Thursday, they weren't. Surely there must have been SOMETHING done to the stats servers (buggy Windows or Linux update, someone installed some buggy software, someone spilled beer on the server) to make them all wonky.

Hell, they've been almost 100% fine for two years. Generally when things like this just *happen*, it's time for a replacement. I'm sure EA could cough up the cash

Comment

I'm suprised this isn't being discussed elsewhere, least I've not see it anywhere else.

Comment

My stats are updating again but the four previous days pts and awards (ariel service ribbon 19 air kills at last!) Haven't appeared. Probably lost the 400 pts in those days too.:hmm:

Comment

If you have gained enough rank ups to gather all the unlock weapons, why do you still care about ranks?

Grab a cup of coffee and just play the game and stop worrying. The stats will update eventually.

Comment

No updates for my stats (200 points away from First Lt :laugh: ) for the last 6 days but I have seen in game messages about others getting their promotions

so wtf is going on..............

Comment

Thanks Sentience, I posted this over on Violets thread yesterday. Last week prior to this Issue several members of my Clan (RIP) were unable to connect to any RIP server but were able to connect to all others, After running tracerts the problem was found to be coming from Savvis servers. Is it possible they are the main cause of this Issue? Wondering if there may be a disgruntled player or someone banned/reset that is sabotaging the whole BF2 community. Just a thought. Any Info back is appreciated by most BF2 players thanks again TBOBOB1961 :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kloss View Post
                    No updates for my stats (200 points away from First Lt :laugh: ) for the last 6 days but I have seen in game messages about others getting their promotions

so wtf is going on..............
                    They could have had, say, 75,028 (or 74,980) points before the stats servers went down. They go into a server, get a point (or 20), and get the promotion message. Since the stats servers are down, the client never receives confirmation that it has been promoted. So it continues this until the stats server says that for that individual, they are now over 75K points and are 1LT.

Comment

*goes and plays karkand IO*

Comment

So Highway Tampa comes out, and the stats tank...

Maybe EA should stop adding stuff to the game; stop trying to fix anything because it always comes out worse than before.

tbo5150, that's an interesting idea too. Since so many people were able to "hack" (cheat, really) to get 1,000,000+ points and jump all over the leader board, who's to say someone didn't jack up the stats servers at EA?

Stats or no stats, I'll still play.

Comment

Originally posted by snipahdawg View Post
                          Shame on the people who are saying just drop the stats system. If YOU don't like it play on a non-ranked server. This thread is for people who want their stats working.
                          Can you have unlock weapons on unranked?

Comment

don't think so, that's why i'm really interested in getting stats back up... i just started a month ago and i play daily, about an hour... so i don't have all the weapons unlocked and i'd really like to.

Comment

anything else come from dice / EA???

its tuesday and they aint working

we need some info, people will get even more mad at EA

Comment

interesting news..

but I too think EA should drop the stat reporting for FUTURE games.. BF2 and 2142 are already ruined as in Teamplay cause people are only interested in getting points regardless of "round win" stats etc..

Its a shame too cause now this stat crap is going over to QuakeWars and has ruined my wanting to play that game or hosting it on my own server.

Comment

Working...
                                X