Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA responds to stats issue

EA posted this on the EA forums:

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

We have noticed a sharp increase in soldiers reporting that their stats, awards, and rank are not updating. This is under heavy investigation since, as you know, the ranking system is a central feature of the game.
    ------------------

*IMPORTANT*
    For soldiers who rent/admin a ranked server that is not granting stats or rewards:

If you are sure that you are renting a ranked server and have recieved reports that soldiers are not earning stats and rank on your server, please reply with your server name and IP so that we can investigate these servers more specifically (and hopefully get everything working faster).
    ------------------

For soldiers whose stats have not updated:

Please try playing on a server that you are absolutely sure has allowed you to earn stats and rewards in the past. Does this make a difference?

Stats earned on ranked servers should not be lost at all, only delayed. If this changes for any reason, I will let you know.
    ------------------

I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue and I'll provide updates in this main post as I recieve them. Please try not to reply multiple times with similar data as it will make it difficult for me to pull data for the investigation. Instead, post to contribute relevant data or try a number of things and post your total information, so we can get through this as quickly as possible and get your ranks where they should be.

Re: EA responds to stats issue

Yay!
    Hopefully.
    At least EA is getting their act together.

Comment

yay RETURN OF THE STATS.

Comment

thanks for posting

Comment

its good they have acknowledged there is a problem,but i find there answer's and solutions a bit disturbing/lame to say the least.

i especially like the part "make sure you're playing on a ranked server lol

well most would notice missing unlocks and there rank badge if it was not ranked but we are to stupid to see that.

p.s thanks OP for posting the info

Comment

Stats are a crucial aspect of the game....... how?

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF View Post
              its good they have acknowledged there is a problem,but i find there answer's and solutions a bit disturbing/lame to say the least.

i especially like the part "make sure you're playing on a ranked server lol

well most would notice missing unlocks and there rank badge if it was not ranked but we are to stupid to see that.

p.s thanks OP for posting the info

That is nothing more than a generated respone , i bet it was signed by a Bot called Shawn .

Comment

Lol, they have to say that, believe me there are players that have no idea what they are doing, maybe mentioning it would enlighten them

Originally posted by Bronx19 View Post
                Stats are a crucial aspect of the game....... how?
                While it is not #1 feature, I still feel kinda satisfied what I've done and proud of my awards, points and unlocks. Stats are always nice

Comment

Just let the stats system down.

Comment

Originally posted by Firippur View Post
                    Just let the stats system down.
                    No, don't. I like stats. I will stop playing if they do.

I suspect they will continue support until BF3 comes out.

Comment

It shows they're responding, for once.

Comment

Thing is, its not EA's fault. You should complain to Gamespy. They run the servers and have control over them. All EA does is phone them.

You might get further by emailing Gamespy.

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF View Post
                          Just to clarify those are just some of the angles we're investigating here - EA Violet posted that particular request as it requires input from those experiencing the issue. The solution isn't immediately obvious but we're continuing to investigate, as are GameSpy.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I like the stats system but I would probably still play this game without it. For me the stats system is a way for me to track "my" progress and nothing more. I do make reference to the stats sometimes in my posts but they really dont mean much. However I bet I can take my stats and 2 dollars and get a decent cup of coffee almost anywhere. They are worth that much, really. LOL. . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by Sentience View Post
                              Just to clarify those are just some of the angles we're investigating here - EA Violet posted that particular request as it requires input from those experiencing the issue. The solution isn't immediately obvious but we're continuing to investigate, as are GameSpy.
                              thanks for the reply,i do(and other) appreciate you posting and im pleased you acknowledge the problem at hand,

hopefully its nothing to serious and can be resolved promptly.

Comment

Working...
                              X