Originally posted by AerialDistortion View Post
    Reinstall BF2, I dare you

Good things:

- good black hawk
    - good boats

Bad things:

- map size
    - bugs

there's a big change.... they fixed things and made things worse.
    I dont understand :hmm:

Comment

Re: it's a shame

A lot of things were fixed throughout the patches

but it seems as though they balanced it with adding more bugs

Comment

Don't know if it was ever mentioned or whatever in these many pages...but I'm going to ad my 2 cents! :yay:

Verison 1 was great. It had its problems, but I actually had fun dodging the death spray of blackhawks and trying to take down those flying tanks. It was easy if you had a bit of team work *cough* all spawn as AT *cough*.

Then came the changes...and personally some things that I never ever believe anyone asked for. My largest example of this was the MP7. If anyone has ever used the gun in its original form, you'd remember that it basically gave the engineer a weapon at which they finally had some longer range capabilities. And then, one magical patch, it was annoucned for whatever reason they were nerfing down the mp7 to the crap status of all the other sub-guns. Who asked for that I wonder? Who campaigned to DICE that it should be changed? No one, they just changed it.

So, in my opinion as a gamer and player, I feel that though it can be annoying to constantly read "this sucks" and "DICE sucks," I believe we are in our right as the company has never truly listened to the community. Sure, its allowed beta tests for its last 2 maps, but how much did they really change of the map? Why not allow the community to design it and let them build it for us? Why not spend that time they used to make the new map to make some good changes to the game and fix some things that are still left broken? I mean I still have some missiles fly right through armor on occasion! My opinion has always been, fix the problems before adding more content, since more content on top of the problems will just create more problems...and that's a big mess to clean up.

Comment

They should release map packs, like the community here did.
          if it isnt ranked it doesn't matter how beautiful the maps are. i remember those first map packs, we hosted a few and no matter how many idlers we had we could not fill them. rank destroyed the community in the sense of user created stuff, just look a the mods like poe2, 1st class work with no players or maybe 60 at peek time, its well, just a shame as the title of the thread states.

Comment

Well, Tampa is ranked...

Comment

Well, Tampa is ranked...
              no it isnt, your rank might be showing in game but your not getting any points on your profile, its a beta.

Comment

You do get points on Tampa but they are very slow in showing up. The Myis servers are the quickest but even with them it sometimes takes an hour to get your points. I played on another server and waited about 2 and a half days before I saw the points.

I really think that some of the mods are great and need to be in the game. EA might even be able to add them with minimum cost to EA. I dont expect them to but it would be a great thing if they did. Yes Im in the community and I did ask for this, some of the mod maps. Can anyone say Poe2. Bless you. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider View Post
                  You do get points on Tampa but they are very slow in showing up. The Myis servers are the quickest but even with them it sometimes takes an hour to get your points. I played on another server and waited about 2 and a half days before I saw the points.
                  i stand corrected, maybe i just played on the wrong server, i never got any points but i did only play a few hours of it on day one. i did just try it after i read this and it showed up immediately so it is keeping points for it. wasn't road to jalalabad unranked when it was beta?

Comment

Originally posted by thawheezer View Post
                    hey why dont u run over to the ea hq and show them how to develop games? yeah your so ****ing good that theyre gonna lay a red carpet for you and make u fresh coffee and pay u every single dollar that they make off of ur amazing game with no problems.

fking idiot
                    You are way off base.
                    I DON'T CODE GAMES. I have a different sort of job. However, if I suck at my job or screw up royally, I can be put in prison or have my pay docked.

Why are video game developers different? Why are they allowed to release broken products? No one questions frying a doctor for cutting out the wrong kidney or patching someone up with duct tape. They deserve to have some poo flung their way when they screw up like that in their chosen profession. So why can a developer put out crap, patch it up with duct tape, and then cut out the wrong parts while adding crap parts in? And then people defend this behavior?

Years ago, gamers had limited access to the internet and any way of getting patches. Most games were released "finished." Devs couldn't put out a broken alpha or beta version and say, "Aww, fuxx it, we'll just patch it later if someone complains enough." I blame the economy and WWW for the state of affairs in gaming. People have enough money to spend $40-$50 on a game, and if it sucks they aren't really that worried. People used to be very careful about where they spent their gaming/entertainment dollars.
                    Also, I said I blame the WWW. With internet access being what it is, it's assumed that if a game is released broken then the devs can just put out a patch and everyone who cares will find it. Also, it's not uncommon to ship games in lame little sleeves with no manuals. The devs just assume the consumer can go to the website and look at the vehicle/weapon/map/kit descriptions there.
                    The price of games just keeps going up, the quality of the product goes down.

Comment

Most of us probably wouldn't gripe so much if the game came out as it was advertised to be in the first place, you know airstrikes, simrad, better team structure with better control as commander, and the almighty stats would have been better...but they advertised one thing and sold a completly different thing, kind of like buying a coke from a machine and getting a water you wouldn't be happy would you? No, because you wanted a coke...if EA hadn't rushed DICE out the door for a stupid christmas date this game would have been a lot better.

Comment

Jimitool, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Damn good post, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          Jimitool, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Damn good post, sir.
                          Thank you. I just hate when people say, "Since you know better, you should make a better game." Game devs make a living on this stuff. I work in Space Based Missile Early Warning. If I screw up, people don't get advance notice when large phallic objects are flying their way. I HAVE to do my job properly. I think other professionals should be held to the same standard.

Comment

Working...
                          X