Macro = Ban/kick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro = Ban/kick?

My TCS crew and I have been having a debate recently about macros. Personally, I think it is immoral and wish they didn't exist, but don't put them on par with the blatant hax.

I have searched the forum but cannot find a thread on this topic so could someone please back me up on this:

There are keyboard macros that PB automatically kicks for.

I just need someone to verify that I didn't make this fact up in my head.

Re: Macro = Ban/kick?

It would be far too hard to make a BF2 macro (waaaayyy to many variables). Even a macro that just ran around throwing grenades would take at least a day to make.

Comment

You misunderstand: I mean keyboard macros. I hear they are very easy to make if you have the right keyboard/mouse. Here is a classic example of what they look like/do:

Comment

Oh, that kinda macro, yeah those shouldn't be used.

Comment

posting that on my clan forums lol, that was funny. I don't use macros (the last time being in phantasy star 4, but it's different and part of the game, so I could make combos).

Doesn't logitech's software have macro capabilities?

Banning people for being noobs is just lame. I bet he gets to gatehouse real quick bunnyhopping all the way there. :nod: You know how fast those rabbits run when they got a carrot in their mouth and you're chasin em with the DAO.

Comment

Volx is #10 in the world and a former #1. This is an old video and this behaviour caused a change in one of the patches. What you can't see is that he is virtually un-hittable and he is throwing out ammo bags like a badger with a pinata. I also hear that if you saw from his screen: it doesn't look like anything is happening, so he is free to snipe with the PKM.
            Almost all gaming mice/keyboards come with built in macro keys/software but I was under the impression that PunkBuster caught some of this software and either kicked/banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenmore View Post
              My TCS crew and I have been having a debate recently about macros. Personally, I think it is immoral and wish they didn't exist, but don't put them on par with the blatant hax.

I have searched the forum but cannot find a thread on this topic so could someone please back me up on this:

There are keyboard macros that PB automatically kicks for.

I just need someone to verify that I didn't make this fact up in my head.

How did you search the forums and not find a thread about macros?

Comment

Originally posted by delemorte View Post
                How did you search the forums and not find a thread about macros?
                Please look very specifically at my question/assertion in italics before responding

Comment

Originally posted by Glenmore
                  Please look very specifically my question in italics before responding
                  I did. and when i searched for macro in the forums found over 11 pages. Why did you create a post of a subject that has over 11 pages of threads dedicated to the subject.

And to answer you yes its possible. Yes PB did and yes i think its cheating...

use the search feature.

Comment

Who cares if he uses the search feature or not.

You misunderstand: I mean keyboard macros. I hear they are very easy to make if you have the right keyboard/mouse. Here is a classic example of what they look like/do:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZRqbED7fQs
                    Gah, don't remind me. When you had 10 enemies coming your way doing that ****, it got very annoying. So annoying I quit BF2 and uninstalled it. I only returned because I found out at EA they had patched it out several months later.

Comment

I did. and when i searched for macro in the forums found over 11 pages. Why did you create a post of a subject that has over 11 pages of threads dedicated to the subject.

And to answer you yes its possible. Yes PB did and yes i think its cheating...

use the search feature.
                      Read your other post on searching too. There is nothing in this forum that says specifically PB made this policy in this patch. I was not looking for your moral opinion I was looking for fact, not speculation. I spent 15 minutes looking through the first 5 pages in search until I got to posts that are 2 years old. I was on the PBBans admin forums for 10 before that. Answer the question and back it up or shut the hell up and move on.

Comment

I hate whiny players!!!! Shut the hell up and play or quit and move on....
                        Yes, he should follow his own advice in his signature

Comment

Read your other post on searching too. There is nothing in this forum that says specifically PB made this policy in this patch. I was not looking for your moral opinion I was looking for fact, not speculation. I spent 15 minutes looking through the first 5 pages in search until I got to posts that are 2 years old. I was on the PBBans admin forums for 10 before that. Answer the question and back it up or shut the hell up and move on.
                          Amen brother. He is just joining the "use the search function" to make himself look hard. I use macros but not in a lame way, 1 is switch from gun to rocket launcher without scrolling and another is change to med pack throw 1 and change back to gun. I've used them for a long time and have never been kicked for anything other than the usual things. And my keyboard is the Logitech G15.

Comment

i know for a fact that using a program like hotkeys to use macros will get you a pb kick ever since the 1.3 patch. some macro programs can get around it though, like the logitech software for the g15 but the majority will end up causing pb to kick.

Comment

macros are for noobs

Comment

Working...
                              X