Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on video settings

A few questions:

1. Which video settings would you first reduce in order to gain performance? (which don't affect the eye-candy as much and offer more fps?)

2. Is it best to run at "high" with a lesser resolution, or "medium" with a higher resolution?

I am simply asking for your opinions.

Thanks

Re: Questions on video settings

I run medium with max distance. Forget the exact resolution but it's reasonably small. I do this for load time into the map as opposed to FPS increase. My system runs the max settings nicely but it adds a good amount of time to my load and doesn't give me a better game as I rarey have time to stop and look at the roses.

Simon

Comment

Re: Questions on video settings

one thing about resolution is that higher resolution eliminates some of the aliasing (jaggedness on anything thats slanted) and higer resolution looks pretty nice...but it really doesnt matter. lower resolutions tend to make things look bigger and stretched so things wont look as detailed as they would

and usually for me i play on everything low but sometimes i set textures to medium just for eye candy but wat u should do is check out this webpage (scroll down a bit) and itll show u the differences on some of the video settings and theres a bunch of settings where theres no noticeble or much difference between medium and high so with those i recommend setting at medium;:
      http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html

Comment

Working...
      X