This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strange Screenshot?

No, i have done it before and it really made no difference. As long as you have a relatively recent GFX card, you don't notice much change.

Comment

He's using a hack.

Comment

Where did you "find" these ss's?

Everyone is screaming hack, but could it not be a mod of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw View Post
          ...Everyone is screaming hack, but could it not be a mod of some type.
          What.... a no fog mod. Sounds brilliant... :laugh:

Comment

Everyone is screaming hack, but could it not be a mod of some type.
            If you read the first post in this thread the guy says that he can't see this far on Karkand and then says in the next sentence that he used to play with the guy, if the server he used to play with the guy on had a no fog mod on it then he wouldn't be asking.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCougar View Post
              If you read the first post in this thread the guy says that he can't see this far on Karkand and then says in the next sentence that he used to play with the guy, if the server he used to play with the guy on had a no fog mod on it then he wouldn't be asking.
              a. Karkland mod? Ive seen all types of modded maps with different color skys and what not.

b. I have played with many different people a lot, and on many different servers. Who's to say the two always played on the same server?

c. How did you get the SS?

Comment

H444CK!! ban kill destroy and burn!

Comment

a. Karkland mod? Ive seen all types of modded maps with different color skys and what not.

b. I have played with many different people a lot, and on many different servers. Who's to say the two always played on the same server?

c. How did you get the SS?
                  a. Not sure if he plays mods

b. At the time they were uploaded he was part of a very large uk clan where he played almost all the time.

c. I right clicked on his sig in a forum and went to properties, it showed it was hosted at photobucket, pasted it in, deleted the part of the pic name and it showed his folder with them in.

Comment

As asked before, where did you find them from ?

edit : I just read the post above, but who uploaded them - him or somebody else ? And how they got hold of that pic ?

They're 1st person, so he would've had to taken those themselves. I'd guess he just took them exactly because there's no fog - either by glitch, bug or maybe it's a server that has the fog turned off on karkand or something. There's no way to know.

There's really nothing else (but the no-fog) that screams hacks on that screenshot, so that's hardly evidence that the guy cheats - there's lots of legit reasons to take screenshot like that, and if he cheated, that'd be a reason to NOT to take the screenshot, unless he deliberately wanted to get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka View Post
                      As asked before, where did you find them from ?

edit : I just read the post above, but who uploaded them - him or somebody else ? And how they got hold of that pic ?

They're 1st person, so he would've had to taken those themselves. I'd guess he just took them exactly because there's no fog - either by glitch, bug or maybe it's a server that has the fog turned off on karkand or something. There's no way to know.

There's really nothing else (but the no-fog) that screams hacks on that screenshot, so that's hardly evidence that the guy cheats - there's lots of legit reasons to take screenshot like that, and if he cheated, that'd be a reason to NOT to take the screenshot, unless he deliberately wanted to get caught.
                      As far as i know you would have to login to upload images to your photobucket gallery, so if he shares the username and password with other people then it could be someone elses. His folder is not password protected so anyone can view it.

I agree the only strange thing is the fog, i hope it was only a glitch and that was the reason he took them.

Looking at the players names and the rules etc scrolling on the screen it was on his clans server, there are regulars names on there the text matches it e.g On Mondays we will be running.....

Like you said there is no way to know from these, so i will confront him when i see him on next and see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by covert View Post
                        Hi
                        I found these ss and was wondering if they appear strange to anyone else. I am never able to see as far as that on Karkand, is it his settings or is there no fog? I used to play with the guy alot and he is very good but sometimes i have wondered how he has seen me far very far distances.
                        Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers
                        There is no fog. I've played with LOW settings at one point, and I still had fog. In fact, it was even worse trying to see stuff.. So these ss's are weird.

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                        What.... a no fog mod. Sounds brilliant... :laugh:
                        Much like a no-wall 'mod' or a 'assisted accuracy boost' mod.

Comment

Sorry, you guys suck.

You wonder why people bother modding a game when something so simple gets so much interest.

It is actually a very old image in BF2 terms, unfortunately you all seem a little obsessed with your pixelated prizes to consider the possibility that the game is capable of more than just 24/7 ranked Karkand.
                          It isnt hard to remove the fog, Einstein has not entered the field and frankly the map looks better without the dust. Some people, not you, are capable of playing the game away from the points in a magical place where it can evolve and not be the same everyday, hopefully one day more people will join us there, until then enjoy 1+1=2 (fascination every night im sure).

Comment

yeah it could also be an issue with video drivers. i had some thing like this tho im guessing its a hack.

Comment

[QUOTE=nadicus;1471550]Yes, its from 3rd party software, obviously. [QUOTE]

Wrong and anyone else who thinks it is third party is wrong too. One of the simplest glitches in BF2 after someone tells you how to do it. PB can not recognize it, only a PB SS can catch you using it. Never use it myself obviously, but know how.

Comment

it could be a render command you type in the console, there are tons of them, and no fog is one

Comment

Working...
                                X