Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rocket launchers as main wep

Originally posted by the-masterlord
    for me the at rockets are for tanks and the p-90 is for people. its wrong when u get a rocket shot down ure face.

Wat du u guys think???
    No I don't think it's wrong. GL's and AT's work wonders on fish flopping MG whores, only natural that you'd get upset about it.

Comment

Haha oh man, people are whining about AT rockets now.

Well, it was bound to happen I suppose.

Comment

I can think of other classes that are far more annoying than AT. Having played the AT class for most of my BF2 career, I can say it's not as easy as people say. I have no nades, no GL launcher, a crappy gun, there's no way it's a 'noob tube'. If it was so easy to play, then everyone would be playing it (like the medic class).

Yes, point blank range it is relatively easy, but you will need practice to hit moving, sprinting targets and hitting them, whilst moving yourself - which I can do. Let's see you do that.

At long range, I can still hit the majority of my shots, on moving targets. I predict where they will be, and adjust the rocket in-flight as necessary.

I've also got 6 jet kills to my credit. Yes, hitting them from the ground. All it takes is practice, practice, practice, and a hell of a lot of missed shots over time to finally learn how to use it effectively - at every distance.

Comment

So ent|ty...what you're essentially saying is that your dah mofo sh|t when it comes to the AT...understood...but do you ever kill people at close range with it? I mean why not?

Comment

Lol, people complaining about AT rockets? This is why I hate when EA listens to babies "euur, look he jumped, NEUURFREF" now anything that ruins there little stats is overpowered... god, the BF community is one sad community.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman View Post
              Lol, people complaining about AT rockets? This is why I hate when EA listens to babies "euur, look he jumped, NEUURFREF" now anything that ruins there little stats is overpowered... god, the BF community is one sad community.
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahab~Ahab View Post
                So ent|ty...what you're essentially saying is that your dah mofo sh|t when it comes to the AT...understood...but do you ever kill people at close range with it? I mean why not?
                Of course. Most of the time it's because I'm trying to find that shot at the tank, and an infantry gets in the way. I'm not going to switch, I'm going to shoot it, then switch to the gun for back up.

In I/0, I mainly run around with the p90 out for close combat, but have been known to switch to the rocket when there is a big blob of self-reviving, leap-frogging medics - one rocket slaps them pretty nicely.

It's also good as an 'opening shot' when charging a group, or as a 'stun' effect then switch to p90 for CQC.

Comment

bf2 in the future will be what bf1942 is today, loads of poeple playing but slowly dying, one day bf2 will be like the flash games you play on the net.

sad...so sad

star wars is 4ever tho

Comment

^^ Lol

Every game slowely dies anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
                      bf2 in the future will be what bf1942 is today, loads of poeple playing but slowly dying, one day bf2 will be like the flash games you play on the net
                      BF2 has already been dead as far as I'm concerned, for the last 6 months. I just don't have any other FPS games to go to yet. So now I only play BF2 until I start getting annoyed by it's BS, then log off (about 30 mins)

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
                        and i always carry my RPG out rather then my PP19/DAO

This is another reason, there is no run/ sprint / movement penalty for having the rocket out.

Comment

If you get hit by a AT Round....No revive for you.

Comment

As a support player, AT rockets are quite deadly since I have to go prone to hit anything, thus making me an easy target. I've learned to adjust by recognizing the flash of an AT rocket headed towards me and quickly get up and move. However, at close range it's impossible to avoid, much like the GL. Just something you deal with.

I respect players who play AT in IO. I have a fellow clanmate who's quite good with AT who I often come up against. So instead of crying about it, learn and adjust your tactics.

Comment

Working...
                            X