Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why havent played Bf2 much anymore.

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
    I will not convert to a console.... unless they come out with the GTA series for ps3
    GTA4 is in the making...

The GTA series is the ONLY games I will play for on a console system. Although I have GTA3 and GTA SA for PC also.

I don't really like console games.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
      GTA4 is in the making...

The GTA series is the ONLY games I will play for on a console system. Although I have GTA3 and GTA SA for PC also.

I don't really like console games.
      I don't care for console since the controls are so limited to me, I am so used to having a keyboard and mouse...

but gta any type vc sa or just 2 ill play that all day

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
        Looking forward though. Thats quality entertainment. Console gaming FTW. Console bashing FTL.
        I wasn't console bashing. I was expensive blu-ray bashing. I don't hate all the consoles, just one right now. Hell, I even still love my Sega Saturn. (Dragon Force and Panzer Dragoon...)

You were PC bashing, and I was defending the PC by reminding people that it has provided games that not only set the gold standard, but are just as rich in storyline content as console games of the past and present.

PC hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
          You were PC bashing, and I was defending the PC by reminding people that it has provided games that not only set the gold standard, but are just as rich in storyline content as console games of the past and present.
          PC hater.
          Nu uh! Im just saying that PCs dont deliver some games that well and developers for PC should stick to what the platform is good at. FPS, RTS, Strategy, MMORPGs and RPGs in general, although RPG itsself is a genre that has proven itsself to work on both platforms, oddly enough.

Im playing PC games only at the moment so it would be hypocritical for me to say "OMFG! PC 4 t3h sux!".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
            Nu uh! Im just saying that PCs dont deliver some games that well and developers for PC should stick to what the platform is good at. FPS, RTS, Strategy, MMORPGs and RPGs in general, although RPG itsself is a genre that has proven itsself to work on both platforms, oddly enough.
            A Console RPG is a storybook where the plot progresses as you grow stronger. A PC RPG is literally a seperate universe for you to frolic in, there is usually a deep storyline to enjoy, but you typically have to actively search for it.

I enjoy both. Sadly I can't stand the Square-Enix Final Fantasy series, in spite of my love for the pre-3D versions of the game. The Tales of ...(Clicky link), and Star Ocean are my current favorite series regarding the console RPG genre. Tales of Symphonia rates as my favorite console RPG ever, beating out even Final Fantasy 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
              A Console RPG is a storybook where the plot progresses as you grow stronger. A PC RPG is literally a seperate universe for you to frolic in, there is usually a deep storyline to enjoy, but you typically have to actively search for it.
              Yeah, youve proved your point about not liking linear stories. There are some of us who treat games like interactive movies, and not as universe you can run around in simulating real world

Comment

The best part about those universes, is that there is an actual interactive storybook type storyline hidden within. All you have to do is avoid the billions of side-quests offered to you, which really isn't all that hard.

I hate most consoles games now, mostly because they don't offer you the same ammount of freedom and choice that a PC equivalent offers. It's almost as if they're progressively dumbing themselves down to feed the masses...

Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball for instance...

Thank God for God of War, Guitar Hero II, and Tales of Symphonia. I'm still waiting patiently for a PS3 game that doesn't suck though.

Comment

I on the other hand embrace the linear game with a solid, straightforward story. I dont need it to have massive replay value as I get that from MP games on the PC. All I need is a story to blow me away. Which is what the RPGs dont offer. Its pretty damn hard to dig up that main line among those sidequests, and its easy to lose track. Im amazed that it too my brother months and months to finish Morrowind. And he wasnt pleased by the story a bit, if he even knew it at all. In the meantime I got my 13 hours worth of the best damn storytelling Ive ever had with MGS3, no doubt MGS4 for PS3 (hint hint) will deliver the same. I mean, if the story is THAT good to keep you seated for 13 hours straight, then its just that damn good. In MGS3s case, the story is nothing short but legendary. But thats Kojima.

Freedom in roaming the world has to offer something, and frankly, without human companions it isnt really worth it. Which is why I think story based MMORPGs would be the true future of the genre. A Stalker one would be insanely great. All working for one common goal - "to reach the monolith".

Comment

Working...
                  X