Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 man chopper?

yo,

just wondering if its a setting im using or sumthin?

when I go solo in the attack chopper (usually single player... for ****s and giggles) when I switch to the gunner seat to pop off a tv missile, the chopper starts twirling clockwise FAST, every time, wtf?

can I stop this? anyone?
    cheers

Re: 1 man chopper?

That movement was added in a patch to deter soloers (i think) Some of the soloers I've seen are outstanding some absolute pants. I salute the soloers who can reduce the enemy armour to a smouldering wreck using the TV missiles. I detest servers who don't allow soloers and use the excuse "we encourage teamplay" as I have seen a lot more effective soloers than a chopper with a gunner (unless they are baseraping)

And no I can't use a chopper to save my life unless I'm gunner.

Comment

I thought it always did that? before and after patch.

Anyways you have to "buffer" a bit to the left of your target to make up for the time it takes to switch seats and aim.

I don't see a big problem.

Comment

I stand corrected but I don't remember the turn to be as quick as it was 2 years ago.

Comment

turn to the left to make up for it or get alot of speed forward and it doesn't spin, thats what i do when i solo the blackhawk in my SP mod

Comment

Where's the dude with that big signature that says, Use the search function?

You know it's summer when you see the same thread 3 times a week by different posters...

Comment

Aim the nose a bit to the left of your target (about an 1/16th of a turn), switch seats and fire. Switch back as soon as possible and recover the helo. It also works best to level the helo just before switching seats, so it doesn't nose-dive and be harder to recover. It takes some practice, but you can get used it. For a long time I hated soloing because, setting up missle shots with a good pilot is way easier. But I also very much like being in a helo. If there wasn't a pilot around, I still wanted to be up there, so I had to learn. Now, because of all the practice, I can do better soloing, than with a not very good pilot. I have learned to chain-gun infantry while the helo spins too. But still, nothing beats a good pilot and gunner working as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                Aim the nose a bit to the left of your target (about an 1/16th of a turn), switch seats and fire. Switch back as soon as possible and recover the helo. It also works best to level the helo just before switching seats, so it doesn't nose-dive and be harder to recover. It takes some practice, but you can get used it. For a long time I hated soloing because, setting up missle shots with a good pilot is way easier. But I also very much like being in a helo. If there wasn't a pilot around, I still wanted to be up there, so I had to learn. Now, because of all the practice, I can do better soloing, than with a not very good pilot. I have learned to chain-gun infantry while the helo spins too. But still, nothing beats a good pilot and gunner working as a team.
                Nah leveling it can be a bad decision if you miss your tv, throw the chopper into a spin or roll and fire the tv whilst mid spin etc, that way if you miss, your also a hard target. Also get fast with your swapping, you dont need to point left, just switch and fire instantly

Comment

you can make a macro to auto fire the tv missile after switching.......

all you need to do with that is just line up the gunner position hit the button ull switch fire kill then u have to manually switch back to pilot seat..

Comment

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post

You know it's summer when you see the same thread 3 times a week by different posters...
                    You should know it's summer when it's 'too hot outside in more than one way' - shouldn't be spending so much time online/indores

just kidding, ofcourse

Comment

(\_/) (\__/)
                      (O.o) ( ='.'=)
                      (> <) (")_(")

I put your bunnies into my sms and sent it my girl. She sent it everyone.

Bunny world domonation comes one day closer.

BTW - am so pants at flying I bail when sb hops in. A spakka TK just ruins my day.

Comment

I'm not exactly a master at Solo'ing, but I can speak from experience.

It takes practice at first, but simply get yourself into a fast typing rythmn.

It's as simple as pressing F2 - Right Click - Left Click - Guide the Missle until your target is dead - F1. If I'm within 100m of a target, I can usually do this fast enough to switch back before I've even started spinning. I can even do this in the bomber's laser guided missles (Don't bother trying to lock on, just dumbfire aim), if I happen to run out of bombs, which is a decent substitute if you happen to have lost your runway flag, and there are no good enemy pilots in the air.

I personally set the mouse-wheel on my mouse to Cockpit View to remove the annoying view blocking cockpit after switching back to the pilot seat.

Comment

the more you solo the better you get at it, I am usually more effective solo than with a pilot (unless its rape a flag time)
                          with a pilot, sometimes you get a nub who will NOT listen to you in voip, chat, or even pay attention to "hostile slick inbound" and you end up dead
                          when Im solo, I can usually make several trips to the island, take out every enemy tank, enemy helo, a few AA and head back to ship to rearm, that alone will help your team more than enough for them to get to the island and cap a flag

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
                            Nah leveling it can be a bad decision if you miss your tv, throw the chopper into a spin or roll and fire the tv whilst mid spin etc, that way if you miss, your also a hard target. Also get fast with your swapping, you dont need to point left, just switch and fire instantly
                            your planning on missing? Line up the shot like a pilot, and your accuracy increases. Sometimes you dont have time or altitude to try and get off a good shot while rolling and spinning. I would never give this advice to someone just learning to solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99 View Post
                              turn to the left to make up for it or get alot of speed forward and it doesn't spin, thats what i do when i solo the blackhawk in my SP mod
                              In your what? Single player mod :laugh: ? PM me if it's cool.

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post

and btw, that's me

Comment

Working...
                              X