Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roll or Slide?

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
    you mean when you cut throttle while upside down, right?

and what do you mean slide and fall? could you describe it more please?
    ill capture a video and post it

Comment

As in, he lets the heli fall while upside down for a bit, as opposed to doing a continuous barrel roll.

That'll get the other person (usually) but it puts you at a height disadvantage.

Comment

95% of the time, I will slide to evade...
        the 5% in which I roll is as much attack as defence... I will fire the tv missile while upside down...

I never roll just to evade, because of the loss of height...

Comment

i dont get what you guys mean by "slide"
          i find swinging the chopper from left to right like its a pendulum can dodge missiles, barrels rolls are good as well but loose height

Comment

Depends on the situation. If choppers are level usually a slide. If the other heli is above me a roll or two...or three. Providing the rolls aren't too tight they're usually pretty effective. Also a lot of chopper combos (I find anyway) don't expect your gunner to fire mid roll either and don't evade (unless they have a clue...) and just kinda sit there, then try to evade when it's too late. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r View Post
              i dont get what you guys mean by "slide"
              i find swinging the chopper from left to right like its a pendulum can dodge missiles, barrels rolls are good as well but loose height
              oh man those are tricky, slide in one direction till the last moment then change directions, that really works

Comment

If you find yourself in a position where you have to evade by either sliding or rolling, several things have allready gone wrong...

-You missed the first tv and failed to get out of range while guiding...
                or
                -You did not see the enemy (and fire) first...

Roll is to be used offensively when things went wrong...
                If a solo'er fires a tv missile while upside down, the enemy will freeze for vital moments...

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
                  If you find yourself in a position where you have to evade by either sliding or rolling, several things have allready gone wrong...

-You missed the first tv and failed to get out of range while guiding...
                  or
                  -You did not see the enemy (and fire) first...

Roll is to be used offensively when things went wrong...
                  If a solo'er fires a tv missile while upside down, the enemy will freeze for vital moments...
                  its normally the ******* that jumped in as you took off that missed, not the pilots fault. think i had to get rid of about 6 ppl at the redline cos they couldnt use the tv

Comment

Ive seen pilots slide,roll,dive and all sorts of tricks. but i still manage to nail them.

Comment

I avoid piloting anything

Comment

Originally posted by HypnosisFX View Post
                        Ive seen pilots slide,roll,dive and all sorts of tricks. but i still manage to nail them.
                        You make it sound like none of those tactics/defensive moves work. If that's the case, you'll be #1 on the TWL Ladder in no time...

Comment

Working...
                        X