Roll or Slide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll or Slide?

In a helicopter, which do you prefer to use as an evasive maneuver when dodging tv missiles?
    Personally I use the slide. This is because:
    -the person has to click a lot to get the tv to turn sharp, which can mess up their aim.
    -its easier to get into a slide than a slow roll.
    -ping makes it harder for them to hit you
    -pretty much moving at full speed.

even though the movement is constant, i find i dodge more that way. Im by no means a chopper pro. I just think the slow roll is easy and predictable, and the tv doesnt have to change much of its course.

what do you use and why?

Re: Roll or Slide?

I use the crsashing function, and just let them hit me...

Comment

I use mostly the roll, and not slowly (sometimes 2 rolls). As a gunner, I find it easier to hit a slide, and I also notice when flying, I get killed more when sliding than rolling. I never use either exclusively. I also use what I call a 'modified' slide. What I do is start the slide, then when I see the other helo fire, I hold the A button, the helo slides and goes down. That's another element to adjust for, and just a little harder to hit. Against a really good gunner though, some days, nothing matters.

edit: The slide is very effective against jets

Comment

i ram the guy.

Comment

Slide and drop. I used to do this with Tiki all the time and we rarely ever got it.

Comment

slide and if i still havent shaken him roll behind a building, mountain, tree, anything to block the lock

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
              Slide and drop. I used to do this with Tiki all the time and we rarely ever got it.
              yep^^^

hardest one to hit

but what I usually do is a slow roll, when I get to the bottom of the roll i let my chopper go down instead of completing the roll

its like a lazy roll, my gunners prolly think I cant roll but actually its done for a reason

Comment

barrel roll FTW

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock View Post
                  barrel roll FTW

AH men.
                  I love teh Barrel Roll

Comment

Depends on who you're flying against.

I'll slide if I'm against Pred and actually care enough to not want to die. :P

Comment

It all depends, Me personally I like the roll but not in all cases you can use the roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                        In a helicopter, which do you prefer to use as an evasive maneuver when dodging tv missiles?
                        Personally I use the slide. This is because:
                        -the person has to click a lot to get the tv to turn sharp, which can mess up their aim.
                        -its easier to get into a slide than a slow roll.
                        -ping makes it harder for them to hit you
                        -pretty much moving at full speed.

even though the movement is constant, i find i dodge more that way. Im by no means a chopper pro. I just think the slow roll is easy and predictable, and the tv doesnt have to change much of its course.

what do you use and why?

Always keep your nose pointed at the missile as you slide away-- presents a slimmer target.. makes you harder to hit. Plus, you can cause his missile to go wide. For example, if I am sliding left, using a little left roll with right rudder, his missile will be coming to my right, his left and then as it comes in when its make it or break it time, i stop using the light left roll and go full right rudder- his shot goes wide around me.

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
                          yep^^^

hardest one to hit

but what I usually do is a slow roll, when I get to the bottom of the roll i let my chopper go down instead of completing the roll

its like a lazy roll, my gunners prolly think I cant roll but actually its done for a reason
                          you mean when you cut throttle while upside down, right?

and what do you mean slide and fall? could you describe it more please?

Comment

I panic and twirl in circles. Then usually a jet slams into me.:hmm:

Comment

Go really high or zig zag.

Comment

Working...
                              X