Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods install to:
    Steam>steamapps>sourcemods
    It will probably have an installer (.exe). Hopefully they'll release the files in a .rar archive via torrent though as well.

Comment

Re: Insurgency (hl2 mod)

If you PURCHASED any of the games in the following link, you can play the Insurgency mod.
      http://storefront.steampowered.com/v...ch&category=16

Once you have this game, you can navigate to the TOOLS tab in STEAM and install the SOURCE SDK BASE. Then you are ready to download and install the mod when it is released.

The following link is a FAQ that includes requirements as well as a description of what is in the mod (maps, weapons, etc.)
      http://forums.insmod.net/index.php?showtopic=2651

Comment

almost time......they are very admit on releasing it this month so it cant be more than 9 days away.

Comment

I thought it was already out

BTW Power, where you at in the motor City? I live in Oakland county, about 30min from north of Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA View Post
            I thought it was already out

BTW Power, where you at in the motor City? I live in Oakland county, about 30min from north of Detroit.
            heheh small world. im about 10 minutes up i94 past new baltimore and chesterfield. we actually have 2 guys on our clan from st.clair shores too, heeheh, very small world indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
              heheh small world. im about 10 minutes up i94 past new baltimore and chesterfield. we actually have 2 guys on our clan from st.clair shores too, heeheh, very small world indeed.
              LOL I hear ya man. The clan leader is my RL good friend (met him playing Delta in force in 2001 and found out we live 5 minutes away) + another live around your area. Good to see more Michiganders here.

Comment

o god i cant wait any longer. i feel like all this anticipation is going to make the game disappointing, but i just cant wait for it to come out. i even joined a clan whos main focus is on this game (24thMEU) and once insurgency comes out, im dropping bf2 (well if its good)

Comment

Well, seems that release is planned for this weekend.

Well, we work very hard to get the ***** out this weekend. It looks good that we can make it. If we **** it up we will tell you but at this precise moment we have no reason to.
                  edit: more release info

Ok, this is a beast of a thread now with bit's of info spread about the place, so here's a quick overview for those who can't be bothered to trawl through it all:

Release info
                  To this day I say worst case scenario is a Sunday release, as we're still shooting for Saturday.

Oh, and you guys should really start getting excited now, as you guys are really in for a treat.

We're also gonna be doing a promotional deal with Fileplanet so that for the first 3 hours we will post only Fileplanet mirrors on our official site. However, we negotiated with them so that we can post other mirrors on our forums just for you guys, our community smile.gif

So, as community members you guys can expect access to exclusive mirrors, torrents, etc, while the masses are using Fileplanet.

By the way... we were gonna have 5 maps originally, now its looking like 7 smile.gif And they're all really awesome maps.

Feature-wise I think everything will be in. There will be some bugs, but none of them hurt your ability to have fun, and all of them will be sorted in patches.

We ended up getting quite a few features in that we didn't expect to make it smile.gif

The mod will be ~700mb

Included maps on release
                  ins_almaden
                  Push map (Attack/Defend), 4 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_ambush
                  Push map (Attack/Defend), 4 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_baghdad
                  Battle map (Frontline), 5 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_haditha
                  Firefight map, 3 Non-Linear objectives, no moving spawns

ins_karkar
                  Push map (Attack/Defend), 3 Linear objectives, moving spawns

ins_ramadi

ins_strike

Comment

yea, they say Sunday at the latest so it should be an exciting weekend

Comment

haha, the insurgency forums are erupting with complaining and whining! Evidently June 30th vs July 1st is huge deal for everyone.

It is really quite funny. People seems to think that FOLLOWING (read: not working) a mod for several months or a year auto-magically means the INS teams owes them a timely release.

One guy even complains that they won't release before he leaves for vacation. (sounds like he really needs the vacation!)

I won't link the thread, since it's all a bunch of drivel that would waste anyone's time to read. Either way, I sincerely hope this is not a reflection of the gaming community once it is released!

Comment

Comon, link the vacation thread plz k

Comment

heres a good thread, at least for anyone not familiar with the mod. lots of good screen shots too. that karkar map looks like it will be loads of fun and give a nice open feel.

we will definitely have a server up for this one.

This website is for sale! insmod.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, insmod.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Looks like Project Reality: Source to me :P

Definitely awesome. Especially the whole "bullets hitting where you want" part.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post

yeah almost,except none of the probs of bugfield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post

I think it will be better then project reality, it should be since they have been working on it for the past 3-4 years...

Comment

Working...
                                X