Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(jets) Good chaser, aweful finisher - expert's advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (jets) Good chaser, aweful finisher - expert's advice needed.

You look nasty...

I dunno...I got nothin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
      why do you cycle through views? you should master the f9-f-12 keys... much easier and less annoying to watch.
      Because this isn't Lock On were I can turn my view as I were the actual pilot :P

So flipping the cameras lets me know what is around me at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by This_guy_faith View Post
        Hey sharp shoota I know you from the WOoKie server I think...

Well I've flown with you (I think) Some times and you seem to lock on to me fine when your in a j10. All it takes is some practice and hopefully you have a joystick?

Naah dude, that's not me.

N2K, I'm in EU, so not sure about the pings. :/

Comment

Originally posted by SharpShooter View Post
          N2K, I'm in EU, so not sure about the pings. :/
          I get a 110-120 ping on N2K's server and I'm in the Uk.

It's definately playable, apart from when N2K's in the air, then I tend to spend most of my time flying around 600-700 feet staying safe

And Faith, I think I know you from the WOoKie server.

Comment

is mouse and keyboard bad for gunning down enermy jets?

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
              is mouse and keyboard bad for gunning down enermy jets?

No way in hell...

Comment

Get a joystick, m/k can suffice but you will never reach the fluid motion and precision from a joystick. I would reccomend the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826102204

As for beating jets that circle, use the high speed yo-yo (only when they've already flared).

When the attacker realises that he is unable to stay on the inside of the defender's turn, he relaxes his angle of bank a little, then pulls high. As he comes over the top he is inverted, looking down at his opponent through the top of his canopy. His speed falls due to the climb, and this diminishes his radius of turn. The Ig of gravity is utilised by turning in the vertical plane, which reduces the radius of turn still further. The attacker should then be well placed to slide down into a firing position.

The high-speed yoyo is a very difficult maneuver to perform well, and demands perfect timing and precise execution. If it is commenced too early, the defender can counter by pulling up into the attack. If started too late, the attacker is forced to pull up at an excessively steep angle to avoid overshooting. This allows the defender to disengage by diving away. A common fault in executing the high-speed yoyo is not pulling the nose high enough. This can result in the attacker ending directly above the defender. Some pilots find that they obtain better results from a series of small yoyos than one large one. A variant on this maneuver, used to prevent overshooting or to reduce the angle-off, is the rollaway.

Source: http://www.combataircraft.com/tactic...peed_yoyo.aspx

More tactical moves here: http://www.combataircraft.com/tactics/index.aspx

Comment

All the RL maneuvers are harder in BF2 but its so cool when they do work.

Comment

Working...
                  X