Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(jets) Good chaser, aweful finisher - expert's advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (jets) Good chaser, aweful finisher - expert's advice needed.

Hi, I have little big problem with jets,

I can usually track my opponents fine, I'm on their back, the lock on sound is buzzing.... now the problem is... I can never land a damn missle.

The other day, I read ZekersSneakers' comment about keeping the jets as close to the jet's HUD edge as possible, and it really helped.

But I still can't shoot down planes when they're doing a loop or while circling, never, and it's so annoying, the other day I was circling with this one guy for like 4 minutes around the ESSEX, and couldn't get him.

Most of the time unless they are flight straight, I can't get them.

Do you guys have any tips please? are techniques unique to all jets?

Re: (jets) Good chaser, aweful finisher - expert's advice needed.

Comment

It does make a difference which plane you are flying. If you are in the J10 and you try and shoot down F35B's it should be very very easy.

If you on the contrary try and shoot down like MiG-29's from your F35B it's harder.

Comment

Are you using a joystick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOw4LQ7q7e4

Comment

Originally posted by N2K View Post
          So you as well get no horizon fog on Oman?

I find J10s die in a loop if you lead them well with the missiles.

Comment

Thanks, that's a great survival guide, but I'm looking for an offensive guide especially with missles, when to shoot, at what angles, etc...

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
            It does make a difference which plane you are flying. If you are in the J10 and you try and shoot down F35B's it should be very very easy.

If you on the contrary try and shoot down like MiG-29's from your F35B it's harder.

Yep, I have flown J-10s, they are very easy to kill with, MiG vs F35B, is what I'm more interested in.

Comment

use the guns, don't even go into missle mode, heck most pilots don't even look behind them, just get in good position and pepper him.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                use the guns, don't even go into missle mode, heck most pilots don't even look behind them, just get in good position and pepper him.
                Pretty hard to do with a M/K

Comment

Hey sharp shoota I know you from the WOoKie server I think...

Well I've flown with you (I think) Some times and you seem to lock on to me fine when your in a j10. All it takes is some practice and hopefully you have a joystick?

Comment

If you want help on MIG vs F35 the add me to xfire

I play 24/7 Oman and fly the F35 the most.

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                    So you as well get no horizon fog on Oman?

I find J10s die in a loop if you lead them well with the missiles.
                    I have view distance to 100%

Comment

His VD looks fine.

As for his View Disctance...

I keed I keed.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC
                        His VD looks fine.

As for his View Disctance...

I keed I keed.

It's not fine. Look at every other map, there is a blurry fog at the horizon - Ex Wake, Dragon, Daqing, etc. On Oman, there is no fog - it looks really crude when you fly, and things seem to pop out of nowhere.

Look at 00:56-00:58 to see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by N2K View Post
                          why do you cycle through views? you should master the f9-f-12 keys... much easier and less annoying to watch.

as for the missiles, the only technique i know of that works is leading your target, that is, pointing your hud where the aircraft will be, while being locked on em.

Comment

That's how Oman looks at all high...

I think it's the least foggy map alongside Dalian...

So all you have to really deal with is View Distance. Which is ashame because I know my system could render objects farther out.

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                            why do you cycle through views? you should master the f9-f-12 keys... much easier and less annoying to watch.

Do you fly nothing but J-10s with a K/M?

Comment

What I mean is that it looks really fugly. Notice on Wake you don't get it coming like a line on the horizon - it's a blur? Despite no fog? On Dalian, again, there is no fog, but it still has horizon fog. Oman has nothing and it looks absolutely nasty.

Comment

Working...
                              X