• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with the m95?

M24 ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
      All I was saying, is that most people only use the M95 because they camp airfields with it. How hard is it to shoot a static object? Not at all.

You have to make smartass comments on everything.
      :laugh: so it's just simple to walk onto any airfield and snipe pilots all round?

also didn't make a smartass comment i asked a simple question
      :cry: i thought you wouldnt mind you seem to be overflowing with knowledge

Comment

Mine wasnt geared toward static but rather flying. It sounds pathetic but I have had choppers hovering in front of me trying to prepare a TV missle and I just cant snipe them out with the m95. Pathetic practice I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
          :laugh: so it's just simple to walk onto any airfield and snipe pilots all round?

also didn't make a smartass comment i asked a simple question
          :cry: i thought you wouldnt mind you seem to be overflowing with knowledge
          Yes it is.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Yes, I'm a genius.

Comment

i hated the m95 until recently....i couldnt snipe anyone out of the chopper or jet from even 10m.....

recently, i was killn heli pilots left and right with it....suddenly one round and i cant miss....

i was trynna steal the enemy heli, and i sniped out three ppl from the pilot seat...as i was reloading, two ppl got in and started looking for me....they were circling and stuff so i had no shot, then i guess they spotted me, cuz one guy jumps out to kill me on foot, and right when he jumped out, i shot the pilot out (yes he was moving) the chopper was flying at me, somehow managed to crush the co-pilot (who bailed to kill me on foot) and the heli landed right next to me, i just had to press E, i didnt hafta walk towards it......then i flew off and was happy...

so now, whenever i can, i try to snipe pilots out of their vehicle....any server that allows attacking of uncaps, ill be there camping the enemies airfield.....its my new fun thing

Comment

I've been trying out both sniper rifles. I actually performed better today with the M95 but meh, I do find it to miss a bit.

Comment

M95 = ChikyuuShoujoArujuna

Comment

If you ask me, I really love this weapon due to it's feel. It really feels as if you're shooting something extremly lethal at someone, and it sounds like it too.

At close range (karkand and mashtuur) I love this rifle, but at long range the aim makes it a pain in the *** to get a clean shot at someone's head.

Comment

I love the M95, despite the fact that it's not a one-hit kill weapon, it almost is: 95% damage to infantry with body armor, a good chance to kill that infantry in on hit since that target could've lost 5% of health before from falling or previous engagements.

Then there's the look and sound of the M95, it's one of the Battlefield 2 weapons that sounds like it has power and looks like it shoots a heavy round, several credits to that object at the end of the barrel.

Shooting people out of static vehicles is a cheap kill and serves no purpose but to make yourself feel better.
                    Isn't that the reason why we play games? To feel better from/by feeling having fun?

Comment

^ i agree with you.

And whats with all the people saying M24 FTW and the SVD/Type 88. Do you guys think you are superior if you can kill with those weapons? The svd requires no skill and the type 88 is even easier to use! How can i say this... well because i suck as a sniper but still i can get soo many kills with those two weapons, especially if you pop round a corner and rapid fire into some guy in CQC .

Back to the M95, it's just too hard to aim with! British L96 FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aliask View Post
                        I am the kind of person who is honest. I am good with the m95 but I cant shoot anyone out of any vehicle. I've had choppers hovering in front of me with perfect opportunities but I just CANT do it. So I gave up. So now I stick with the l96. I would LOVE to be able to use the m95 though. Perhaps eddy can show me some tips in game or help a brotha out. For some reason I HATE chopper pilots. I know there bad ***. I know they have tons of skill. I get raped by them. So I would love to be able to smack one out of their seat.
                        lol. i rarely miss a shot with the M24 and M95. i recently unlocked the L96A1 (right name?) and it just doesnt fire the same way as the other two. im sure loads of people will protest against this, but there you have it. whereas my hits with M24 and M95 have gotta be 85%+, the L96 probably stands at about 55%. the only situation i havent missed with the L96 is where ive spawned in and theres someone at the spawn point. in a rush i just fire and ive killed them 3 times!!!!

Comment

As someone mentioned earlier.. Practice makes you better with all weapons.
                          I think there is something to say for all the 3 sniper rifles.
                          Personally I stick with the L96. Just a shame you can't pick out the pilots with that one. That would make my day

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
                            lol. i rarely miss a shot with the M24 and M95. i recently unlocked the L96A1 (right name?) and it just doesnt fire the same way as the other two. im sure loads of people will protest against this, but there you have it. whereas my hits with M24 and M95 have gotta be 85%+, the L96 probably stands at about 55%. the only situation i havent missed with the L96 is where ive spawned in and theres someone at the spawn point. in a rush i just fire and ive killed them 3 times!!!!
                            Dont overdo the 85% thingie m8 its 50%, which is good enough

The M24 has the best center of screen / center of reticle combination. All the other Rifles are of in one way or the other. The worst being the SVD.
                            If you say you have less success with the L96A1 (correct on that btw ) I believe you 100%. Its one of the reasons I will always choose the M24sws over the L96A1 in BF2.

Check the pictures for comparison of the Reticle's ...

L96A1 ...

M24 ...

M95 ...

SVD ...

Type88 ...

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
                              yes, thats what i use it for, but you need to be as close as you can get because the m95 tends to deviate too much

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                              i hated the m95 until recently....i couldnt snipe anyone out of the chopper or jet from even 10m.....

recently, i was killn heli pilots left and right with it....suddenly one round and i cant miss....

i was trynna steal the enemy heli, and i sniped out three ppl from the pilot seat...as i was reloading, two ppl got in and started looking for me....they were circling and stuff so i had no shot, then i guess they spotted me, cuz one guy jumps out to kill me on foot, and right when he jumped out, i shot the pilot out (yes he was moving) the chopper was flying at me, somehow managed to crush the co-pilot (who bailed to kill me on foot) and the heli landed right next to me, i just had to press E, i didnt hafta walk towards it......then i flew off and was happy...

so now, whenever i can, i try to snipe pilots out of their vehicle....any server that allows attacking of uncaps, ill be there camping the enemies airfield.....its my new fun thing
                              soooooooo fun doing that, i shot about 10 people in a row out of their chopper and then stole it. so funny they dont come after you, they think they will get you whilst in the chopper :shakehead

Comment

i love the m95, i hardly ever go to airfields to snipe pilots as to me, its just really cheap, i usually wait for a heli to come to me, then take a couple of shots and they fly back to the airfield to repair.

i must admit though at range the m95 is a little bad i prefere the m24 at range, but i dont care, i play for fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X