X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great game, PICE OF SH** ADMINS.

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
    i guess you just dont see the big picture, perhaps when you help pay for a server you will. you seem to be the thorn in this entire thread so i certainly expect you disagree with anything i say but now your just being ridiculous.

shell out $20 or $30 bucks a month for a year or two contributing to a few servers, you'll see the point. and yes, lone wolves should be kicked on sight and lone chopper gunning is even worse, theres nothing more anti team than lone chopper gunning, especially when there are people asking for ride. the only time lone gunning is acceptable is when noone will gun for you but thats not usually the case, usually its one cocky pilot who takes his gunner out of bounds to kill him so he can tvguide alone because he thinks hes hot sh!t. i dont care how good you think you might be at tv guiding, it has two seats for a reason and the game has voip to be used for chopper pilots who should always be communicating, a chopper pilot not using voip with his gunner to nail targets is a detriment to any team.
    Thorn? I'm one of a very few voices of reason on this forum. You have yet to counter anything I've written, so I'll take this as your concession post. Unless, of course, you decide to make a cogent argument for why the freedom to make arbitrary rules is necessarily linked to the purchase of a server for any particular game. I suspect you won't, but you might be foolish enough to think they are.

As for the rest, soloers/heli teams and jets are usually responsible for your ground success, Karkander: you would do well to recognize this and express appreciation for their efforts. I won't bother with the remainder of your post, as it's the standard argument for "soloers are bad", one which we've destroyed countless times over. Do a quick search if you're interested; I won't repeat it here because it'll just fall on deaf ears.

In case there's actually an answer before I wake up from my uber beauty sleep, here's my anticipatory reply:

Comment

[quote=Sloi;1458398]Ummm, alarm bells are ringing in my head: what about yours??

You don't mind totalitarian servers and arbitrary rules created by a small elite who laugh as you try your best to follow them, only to get kicked anyway?

Not to offend, but that's how dictators and police states remain in power. Everyone repeat after me: behhhhhhh.quote]

Wow, your post really made me laugh, way to exaggerate what I was saying. Most of the servers that I play on you aren't allowed to attack the nocap. I don't agree with this but will abide by the rule. I think it's a lame rule but it's there server. If a server has to many rules I just go someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp View Post
        LMFAO exactly....u hit it right on the head.....i think a majority of the ppl who say 'find another server' play karkand or IO with 10+ players....and have no problem finding another server....but anyone who likes all the maps, with vehicles, and 30+ players are SOL
        Wow you complain more than you play it seems sometimes. I have an idea for all you peeps, get together and start up your own group of servers. Let me know how that works out for you. Maybe you could run a mod where your have a 64 player map with 64 planes or choppers. Everyone gets one with no waiting!

I'll stick with my clan having a good time in IO Karkand where the solo chopper whores don't bother to come in and complain.

For the most part, admins try to do what is right. Typically people do get warnings, they just do not read or heed them. Do people get kicked for just being a ****? Sure they do. Its a good idea not to be a **** then isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by alienstout View Post
          Wow you complain more than you play it seems sometimes. I have an idea for all you peeps, get together and start up your own group of servers. Let me know how that works out for you. Maybe you could run a mod where your have a 64 player map with 64 planes or choppers. Everyone gets one with no waiting!

I'll stick with my clan having a good time in IO Karkand where the solo chopper whores don't bother to come in and complain.

For the most part, admins try to do what is right. Typically people do get warnings, they just do not read or heed them. Do people get kicked for just being a ****? Sure they do. Its a good idea not to be a **** then isn't it?

im not complaining, just making a very valid point....

i only come here when i have free time on the computer that i cant spend playing, or when my mouse battery runs out and is charging.....cant charge it while the computer is off...

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanODST View Post
            Wow, your post really made me laugh, way to exaggerate what I was saying. Most of the servers that I play on you aren't allowed to attack the nocap. I don't agree with this but will abide by the rule. I think it's a lame rule but it's there server. If a server has to many rules I just go someplace else.
            That's the point, Spartan: when every server you go to "has too many rules", where will you go? When it gets this bad, will you just stop playing?

Replace server with country: when it gets this bad, will you just drop out of life?

Just a thought.

Comment

FMJ Power. What youre asking is people to throw away their fun and the teams fun in order to make one sucker happy for a few seconds. Just enough for them to drop out of the skies. It just happens that the TV missiles and their correct use means life or death for the pilots. And while in my heart Im always pro-teamplay, because its the right way to go, I can see the other side of the spectrum. Soloers fly solo because it gives them the best survivability. You take away their TV missile and they are sitting ducks. And thats no fun for them nor for the whole team.

Comment

I've been kicked and banned from many servers mainly for refusing to respect safe zones for the USMC team. Getting kicked and banned is like an honor, see it as graduating from their n00b server

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                  That's the point, Spartan: when every server you go to "has too many rules", where will you go? When it gets this bad, will you just stop playing?

Replace server with country: when it gets this bad, will you just drop out of life?

Just a thought.
                  I understand your point but don't agree. My view of life vs my view of a game are very different. Once I join a server and see that it has lame rules beyond not attacking a nocap I just go someplace else. It's a game and I don't get to carried away with it. Life is different and I havec no problem standing up for something that I don't think is right. I just think your analogy is bad. I play the game to take a break from my life and have some fun. If it got to the point where the majority of the servers had lame rules, poor admins or to many hackers I would just find another game to play. BF2 is a great game and since I view it as only a game I'm not going to go to the mattress over servers that have bad admins. So yes I would just go play another game. BF2 will no longer be fun for me when it becomes a source of stress rather than a release of it.

Comment

lol why do lone wolves and soloers bother people, its not like they are taking away more money from u every month, ull be paying 20-30 bucks no matter what so drop the silly rules if u want ur server to stay populated

soloing for the win, dont tell me u want another topic on that??

oh and FMJ ur just an example of a bad admin, people dont always redline coz they want togo solo, yea soloers can be asses but what about noobs who rush into the chopper for free ride but dont even know the thing has a TV quided missile

I redlined a few guys last night what??

Ill keep doing it till someone who can gun gets in, and for the gazillionth time "IF IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES EA WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT"

I still didnt get kicked for soloing in a tank or vodnik, **** vodnik has like 5 seats

Comment

i think its funny how people automatically try to start arguments or crap with people in all servers not just bf2 the moment they find out the person is a admin.

Comment

Originally posted by TerroR878
                        Well games are becoming worse everyday, very little to look forward to. True C&C has been killed by EA, Rainbow Six has been killed, Battlefiled 2 still lives and I gues bf2142 does also if you'r into futuristic stuff.
                        The huge letdown for bf2 isn't the game it self but the people that control it, the fu**ing lame admins. I'm so sick of them making up rules during the game so they can have their way or do what they want to do.

I'm making this complaint or w/e after being kicked from bamboo commandos server for 'camping'. ARE U KIDDING ME, fu BC clan. This is retarded i'v been kicked and banned from so many servers due to these retards having admin controles, probably because they asked their mummys to donate some money to the clan.

Anyone agree that admin's are ruining the game? Anyone have some servers to suggest?

TY
                        I agree to an extent. I'm an admin myself, so maybe I see both sides better, but yeah generally most admins suck and kick because you kill them too much.

As far as rules...every server has some and the admins HAVE to enforce them even if we disagree. IMO, if you find a server with crappy admins just don't go back ever again. Eventually you'll get your favorites full of good servers that you'll frequent and ignore every other server out there. It's what I do.

I'd welcome you to our server anytime, I think we're the most fair admins out there....I am biased though, lol. Click the website link in my sig to come to our site.

Comment

what amazes me these days is that every server has admins on it. and like people have said before, there are too many rules and admins have a way of kicking people for the lamest stuff.

Comment

Re: Great game, PICE OF CARP

Iam sorry all, though this thread is just going up and down and this venting over an admin on forums like this is just unnecessary if someone has a problem take it those that own the server.

There are good and bad server admins, it happens.

Cheers,

T

Comment

Working...
                            X