X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Opinion On These Specs

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    Incorrect. A dual core processor would help because it gives BF2 its own CPU to execute on. Windows is multithreaded (the newest ones). Do any old task and you'll find that the graphs for cpu usage are always equal.

One of the awesome things about dual-core is that if a process takes up 100% cpu usage thereby locking your PC up on a single core, you can still task manager and kill that **** on a dual core because it's restricted to 50% of the processing power.
    erm- the code itself has to be multi-threaded - provided your not running crap in the background dual core will net you about 3% more performance over a single core in a non-multi-threaded app
    Originally posted by zipp0r View Post
    over 2ghz? some of us are overclocked way past 3ghz
    yes, but a 2 GHz C2D is better than a 3 GHz P4 by miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jakg View Post
      yes, but a 2 GHz C2D is better than a 3 GHz P4 by miles
      i have an a64 @3.2ghz, a 2ghz c2d doesnt even come close, but a c2d at 3ghz craps on a64's from a great height, cant wait to get one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jakg View Post
        erm- the code itself has to be multi-threaded - provided your not running crap in the background dual core will net you about 3% more performance over a single core in a non-multi-threaded appyes, but a 2 GHz C2D is better than a 3 GHz P4 by miles
        Incorrect. I'm saying, the way windows allocates resources, BF2 can run on a single core, and the other core should soak up all the background tasks.

Maybe right, maybe wrong, all this needs is a performance log...

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972 View Post
          No point to upgrade dual core, BF2 doesn't support multiple cores. What I've read, many players with dual core system, shuts the other core down while playing BF2.
          :|: Well, the thing is, if the person is going to be moving to QW:ET or Crysis, it would always benefit an Id/Crytek gamer to have dual procs. Though the game is not "highly" optimized for multi-threading...it still takes some advantage.

There is actually a patch out there from AMD that helps with the crashing stuff. With my Opteron, it would crash all the time if I did not set my affinity as the game was loading up. It sucked. But then I found a patch after bitching enough in the support area. I can post it if you want, I think I have a link, but Google will find it too.

I should go back to setting my affinity though, because once and awhile, my system is still a little laggy when going back to windows when jumping out of BF.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X