Spotting Enemies: Theory and Practicum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spotting Enemies: Theory and Practicum

As a comander I try to spot only once. But given the fact that I have to wait for the red dot to disappear after the scan makes it difficult to spot more the 2 or 3 enemies, so it may happen that I don't click excacly where the dot was, so that I have to click again.

And omg, please don't forget that your squads don't always do what you would like them to. How many times have I spotted a single (ONE!!) enemy capping a flag. A whole squad is just around the corner, but ingnore my orders/spotting because they would only get ONE KILL (not enough compared to multiple kills at the "hotel" flag!) In this case I sometimes spot multiple times to get the attention and to make clear that the spottet target is an important one.
    I always set the UAV on the main battle or when a squad is capping a flag.
    I mostly scanspot snipers or lone wolves/squads going for a flag afr from the main battle.

Once I had a squadleader at the Karkand factory that we just capped and the enemy comander (white dot when spotted) was just lying on top of a smokestack. An easy kill which (in that case) would have forced the killed killed comander to respawn in a really croeded area. So I spotted the comander and talked to the SL via voip telling him excactly where the comander was and to go and kill him.
    Nothin' happened, that guy was just walking round the factory not even getting close to the smokestack. By the time some squad members spawned on him and I kept on telling him in all ways to go and kill the comander. It would have been 4 vs 1. Even much more easier. Nothin' happened.

So think about it before you complain about multipple spotting, because a spotted enemy is a target to kill and not just a pretty little red dot on the mini map.
    Comanders will go on spotting the same target multiple times if the players go on ignoring them.

FipZ

Comment

The point of my original post is that the purpose of spotting enemies should be one of information giving and not an emotional release for the spotter. You may help that teammate in the tank who is getting C4'ed but you are making it difficult for the other 10-30 players on your team. This is especially true for those of us who actually use sound to track enemies and actually communicate over VOIP.

Comment

When I am commander the only reason I will spot a enemy multiple times is when the enemy is direct threat to either a flag or assets and I want it to be tended too, if the people on the ground would listen the first time I wouldn't have to spot the same guy 5+ times. Either way you look at it some do it because they can yell in your ear, others do it because your not listening.

Comment

I really don't know why I spot anyway... noone's gives a damn. They certainly don't spot the guy creeping up to knife me from behind.

Let's all stop spotting. After all, what's one more reason not to work as a team?

Comment

i spot all relevent targets as a heli pilot....and i will spot it as many times as it takes to get my gunner to stop chaingunning the armor and TV the enemy attack chopper

Comment

So do you guys "macro" a single key for spotting or what? I would think that bringing up the "rose" to spot would be tough to do in the middle of a tight spot.

Comment

Uhm Spotting is Easy, Press Q, Click.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                  a gunner in a chopper should be spotting anything of importance for the heli, and thanking the pilot alot, you have a better view..use it. any gunner that doesn't spot a thing does NOT belong in a chopper.
                  I also hate it when ur gunner, and spotting a chopper, the pilot doesnt react, like hes blind and is deaf at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by stalker2200 View Post
                    Yes......
                    ok......
                    I've seen two of these types of threads from you now....
                    tips and tricks? Or do you just like to add to your post count?

Good advice, but it seems like you are just posting this stuff for the heck of it.
                    *but yes, i do agree, I HATE massive spams! especially from the commander!
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted
                    Enemy infantry spotted

The next thing you know: you're contemplating TKing the commander

I hate all the spam-chatter too, but, for the most part, gettng some guys to use Commo-Rose AT ALL is nearly impossible.

Comment

anything under 80 spots is nub.

Comment

Originally posted by samfisher199 View Post
                        I also hate it when ur gunner, and spotting a chopper, the pilot doesnt react, like hes blind and is deaf at the same time
                        Word.

I spot when I see a tank or an enemy soldier that people should REALLY know about.

All else is kind of a waste of time... or spam in my opinion.

Oh and what's up with the wordy use of practicum? lol

Definitions of practicum on the Web:

Teacher preparation involving supervised, practical application of previously studied theory.
                        This website is for sale! crede.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, crede.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Directed work experience related to a program of study.

Supervised curricula emphasizing practical applications of theory, methods, skills, professional orientations, and ethics in a specialized area of study.

A course or program that covers a specialized topic in depth. In some cases, this word refers to work-study arrangements that earn college credit.www.southalabama.edu/advising/definitions.html

Practice experience in the community that is related to students’ program of study.

Comment

I only spot boats.

Comment

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to say "Guilty!"

I don't spot multiple times on purpose, but i find the spot system buggy at times. and if i see that there's a whole squad on a flag, i will try and spot all the guys individually, this is nigh on impossible as it just seems to select one guy each time. So eveyone thinks i'm spotting one insignificant soldier, but actually there's about 5 close to each other. Of course the map just shows one soldier and nobody takes any notice.

Comment

i wait until it disappears. then i spam enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted, enemy forces spotted... then eventually he finally spots the god damn tank that is 3 feet away from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X