Yaw left
    Yaw right
    Thrust +/-

Yeah...

Now post Falcon 4.0's control list.

Comment

Re: How Well...

LOL...

But the manouvers I posted only need pitch, roll, yaw and thrust to work. I just wanted to know how well they would actually work in BF2 air combat.

Comment

Depends what you're up against. The scissors, I have NEVER seen that working, because you accelerate going up.

All the tactics you listed will get you killed, fast.

It's really simple:

J10 - Fly in long straight lines
        Mig - Pray.
        Su-30 - Loop-de-loop
        Su-34 - Pray.
        F-15 - Pray
        F-18 - Fly in long straight lines but zig-zagging your movement - you're invisible to missiles but cannons, dream on.
        F-35B - If below 200ALT, eject. Otherwise point upwards and floor it. Yeah, you should stall in real life, but the F-35 (also known as the Space Shuttle) is a rocket.

Comment

one time i had the bead on an iraqi sniper but lagged to $hit and had to fall back, it got so back i had to disconnect from the war :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
            Depends what you're up against. The scissors, I have NEVER seen that working, because you accelerate going up.

It's really simple:

Mig - Pray.
            Su-30 - Loop-de-loop
            Su-34 - Pray.
            F-15 - Pray
            F-18 - Fly in long straight lines but zig-zagging your movement - you're invisible to missiles but cannons, dream on.
            F-35B - If below 200ALT, eject. Otherwise point upwards and floor it. Yeah, you should stall in real life, but the F-35 (also known as the Space Shuttle) is a rocket.
            Are you saying the MiG-29 is hard to evade missiles with? You better start flying that plane before saying that... Really, the MiG is a very very nice plane, if you get to know it.

Comment

So even the one circle flight won't work? Hmmm...thats strange, normally other planes are just about fuc*ed in LOMAC. I just love the Fulcrum however. The shear POWER of its two a/bing engines...and BTW, SyDuS, what does that have to do with flying?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                Are you saying the MiG-29 is hard to evade missiles with? You better start flying that plane before saying that... Really, the MiG is a very very nice plane, if you get to know it.
                Exactly, and all my favourite maps are PLA vs USA. I can't do anything in that jet.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
                  Exactly, and all my favourite maps are PLA vs USA. I can't do anything in that jet.
                  the Mig is on Mec maps Zatar/Oman

Comment

Ah, Scinto has posted in one of my threads. It is an honour.

And camperstrike, you are risking alot by badmouthing the Fulcrum.

Ah, I love how a "complex, adult discussion" like this gets buried under all the "Favourite Kit", "Abusive Admin", "Does Baserape Make You Mad?", "HAX! or "Eddyedded" threads.

Comment

most of the jet fights i get into start off as me pulling in behind a jet locking on them him breaking right or left (his choice) and then circling.....and circling.......and circling.........and circling...........then someone hits a mountain or a crane. what ive been doing recently is to stay in ground mode until the last possible second with the enemy jet lined up perfectly in my sights then flip to air mode blind fire one missle and lock with the other two and its usually a kill. the other way is long range engagements which are far more entertaining for me b/c 90% of the time the pilot doesnt know any tactic other than the circle one and hell circle right into my guns and missles.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                        he's correct, you have to work that plane hard to dodge missiles, but even in those manouvers some missiles can hit (because the enemy spams all 6!!). best thing to do in this plane is find the enemy jets before they find you and watch your rear, if someone is there go into a circle war
                        hes wrong about the su34 tho, it can pull off some good **** and if you do it right you will never die.

Originally posted by KC-10
                        Do real world flight tactics work in BF2? Things like,

The Yo-Yo
                        Lead Pursuit, Lag Pursuit, Pure Pursuit
                        One Circle Flight
                        Two Circle Flight
                        Immelman
                        Split-S
                        Knife-Edge

etc.

havent you flown a plane in bf2 yet? grab a jet next time and see how many of those you can do.
                        split s is a good one to do, gets you alot of height and more speed.

Comment

I always fly under cranes, trough tunnels, Flying upside down and very low, most of the time I can evade missiles, although F-35B just doesn't work with me

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post

It's really simple:

Mig - Pray.
                            Su-30 - Loop-de-loop
                            Su-34 - Pray.
                            F-15 - Pray

That is the best flight tutorial i have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                            X