Someone sucks at Infantry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone sucks at Infantry...

Go down to the "bunnyhopping in Battlefield games" section.

The exact purpose and benfits have evolved as EA has released patches and fixes for this exploit. Before a patch which disabled players being able to jump in a zig zag motion while also firing their weapon, which was eventually seen to as a form of cheating and also a kickable/bannable offense on servers depending on the owners of the servers preference. Players could jump round a corner, come across an enemy and begin to jump in a random direction while firing, some people viewed this as "unsporting" and "noobery", along with bunny hopping people and firing the weapon people would also prone in "mid air" which became to be known as dolphin diving.

EA has made attempts to reduce the use of this in Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. With each jump a portion of your sprint stamina is reduced and a player is not able to fire while hopping. However, it still remains a very effective way to evade fire although very unrealistic.

Many servers attempt to place a count on the number of consecutive jumps to label it as bunny hopping. Other server administrators simply use their better judgement. Usually hopping specifically to evade oncoming fire is a kickable/bannable offense.
    Lol, He refers to it as "cheating" and an "exploit", when it is neither.

Re: Someone sucks at Infantry...

depends on what you define as cheating and exploiting. Bunny hopping is for noobs who cant aim quick enough so they have to bunny hop to save time. Its definatly noobish and a cheap tactic to get kills.

If I owned a server it would be a kickable offense. why? because it makes the game less fun. only bunnyhoppers suck at infantry since they have to use their magic legs to jump realy high to dodge bullets.

If you want to be a bunny hopping noob please go play CS or 2142 they are what caters to your type of play.

Comment

its rare that somebody will bunnyhop in bf2, they might jump once or twice to get around a corner, which i dont consider bunnyhoping. One reason i use it for is that last ounce of sprint, if you jump while sprinting and your energy bar is almost out, you will fly through the air at the same speed as sprinting... only problem is that it takes longer to regenerate your energy, but can save your life nonetheless.

the noobs are the ones that dont visit forums like these, and they dont see what other bf2 players really think, so they go and post about stuff on wikipedia that they think is relevant to all players, when in fact it isnt. Some might think it is an exploit, but in BF2, bunnyhoping is just dieing tired...

Comment

bunny hoping is usally clasified as 3 or more consecutive jumps

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
          depends on what you define as cheating and exploiting. Bunny hopping is for noobs who cant aim quick enough so they have to bunny hop to save time. Its definatly noobish and a cheap tactic to get kills.

If I owned a server it would be a kickable offense. why? because it makes the game less fun. only bunnyhoppers suck at infantry since they have to use their magic legs to jump realy high to dodge bullets.

If you want to be a bunny hopping noob please go play CS or 2142 they are what caters to your type of play.
          2 things.

1.) If bunnyhoppers suck at infantry, why do all the top players do it? exactly. The only reason you hate them is because you have a hard time killing them, It would be alot easier to say "I have a hard time killing bunnyhoppers, so I ridicule them"
          2.) cs and 2142 have no bunnyhopping. cs you go really slow after you jump, and when you shoot while jumping, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 2142 over nerfed bunnyhopping, you can't shoot till like 10 minutes after you land... What you should say is "go play 2142 or cs if you do not want bunnyhoppers"

Comment

there are some good combinationss using Z/Ctrl/Space that can really dodge bullets, plain old bunnyhoping never works. Hell, i dont care if they bunnyhop, it depletes their sprint like no tomorrow. Im trying to get in the habit of NOT doing it.

a good thing to do is the commander glitch (not points) to get the 3rd person view when your playing alone. It can give you an idea of how other people see you, and experimenting with that view can give your enemies a tough time trying to hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman View Post
              2 things.

1.) If bunnyhoppers suck at infantry, why do all the top players do it? exactly.

so your saying we should all play like the top players and just throw nadews around never getting into a fight at all and all be medic whores? a game like that would suck people in BF2 only seem to care about stats and points. you want to be a top player fine ill just laugh at you when you realize you wasted over a thousand hours and then get your stats reset.

Just because people dont like to put up with people that play like you does not mean they think your too good and pwning them its because its like playing a hacker. we dont suck at infantry we just want a fun game but dont like the over realistic structure of PR. BF2 was preety realistic except for bunny hopping.

Monkmonkman ive tried forawhile to see your point of view things but I have realized that my head does not go that far up my ***.

Flame me all you want i wont bother coming back this thread as arguing with you about noobish behavior is just a waste of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                there are some good combinationss using Z/Ctrl/Space that can really dodge bullets, plain old bunnyhoping never works. Hell, i dont care if people bunnyhop, it depletes their sprint like no tomorrow. Im trying to get in the habit of NOT doing it.

a good thing to do is the commander glitch (not points) to get the 3rd person view when your playing alone. It can give you an idea of how other people see you, and experimenting with that view can give your enemies a tough time trying to hit you.
                Yea, I do that, mostly I find the sprint>jump>strafe perpendicular to enemy mid-air>prone>shoot always throws people off, and most people with bad aim cannot hit it.

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                so your saying we should all play like the top players and just throw nadews around never getting into a fight at all and all be medic whores? a game like that would suck people in BF2 only seem to care about stats and points. you want to be a top player fine ill just laugh at you when you realize you wasted over a thousand hours and then get your stats reset.
                I never said you have to play like that, or have to play like that... But at a certain point, to get better at infantry, you have to learn some evasion maneuvers. Also, I wasn't talking about stats, I was talking about actual top players... sorry If I sounded like an ***.

Comment

bunnyhoppin makes u vulnerable, it makes u predictable, and it totally puts you on display for anyone to take shots at..

when u hop, u cant fire, making u vulnerable, and the movement is predictable, and easy to put my sights on...ive seen some people who would have gone by undetected, but everyone could see his head popping up over the fence....so he got rushed....

all the above is reason not to bunny hop....ppl believe it makes u a harder target, but thats only true with ppl who cant shoot anyway....all it does is make u easy target...so hop away, i really dont care......just know its noobery, and lame

Comment

the bunnyhoping war will never end. There are 3 types of people when it comes to thoughts on bunnyhoping:

1) Those who bunnyhop, and think it is a valid tactic.
                    2) Those who do not bunnyhop, and think it is a cheap tactic.
                    3) Those who do not care.

these 3 attitudes will always exist between battlefield 2 players. I seem like the only convincable one on these forums, so argueing really doesnt get much done. Picture someone saying for once "your right, now that i think of it bunnyhoping is perfectly fine.." it just doesnt happen. So you two can save yourself some posts and just stop bickering.

on topic, yeah there are the "noobs" that probably dont have a lot of time to play battlefield. I really dont blame them for whining, because they want to enjoy the game with what little spare time they have.

Comment

Ok, I agree bunnyhopping is lame, but I think a noob wouldn't know how or why to use it. I jump once or twice to try to gain an edge. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. I do not consider jumping once or twice bunnyhopping. When someone surprises me, or has me cold, a couple jumps has (sometimes) saved me. An unpredictable mix is what I try for, and I think that is a valid tactic. I could get into what it was like in the old days, when real bunnyhopping was used alot, but since the patch, it really doesn't work any more. Alpha is right, hopping around these days will just get you killed.

Comment

LOL how can any of you complain about bunny hopping.. first off.. if you are just talking about someone jumping up and down over and over... wow.. First off.. they can't fire back... 2nd, they can only get like 3 jumps then they are OUT of sprint completely, and they will literally be jumping in place.

I don't bunny hop, but I will say I stay "mobile".. Actually monk, thats one of the main moves I do (the run jump strafe mid air prone thing).

And when he said all the top players do it, he didn't mean stats wise.. who cares about the stats.. all those ****ers are grenade spammers.. i'm sure he was talking about cal/twl players.

Comment

bunnyhopping has saved my life numerous times.

Comment

I am a communist.

Comment

Thats an awesome picture lol.

Bunnyhopping IS an exploit because you are exploiting the advantage it gives you.

Comment

Working...
                              X