Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseraping, what is it really? You decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseraping, what is it really? You decide.

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
    ... or that it's time you man up and try different tactics to successfully repel the attack or stealthily make your way to a capture point. Either option requires you stop crying and do something about it.
    You know, Sloi, I'm getting pretty damn tired of your attitude.

This is a game of - all jokes aside - teamwork. There is no one-man-army here, you can't just storm the entire opposing team and hope to win, especially in a 64 player server. If you're on a **** team then you're pretty screwed but don't blame an individual player for others failings.
    I really would just love to see you make your way out to a spawn point, take and hold it long enough for (a) your team mates to notice it's available, and (b) spawn in sufficient numbers to defend it.

Comment

I get kicked from multiple Gulf servers for sniping the MEC uncappable from the Hotel. I'm sorry but killing single units IMO is fine, it's not even spawn killing as they are usually hanging around for a good 8 seconds waiting for a plane before I kill.

As for people who go into the uncappables with tanks and APC's then yeah, that's wrong.

I think infrantry should be allowed to attack uncappables as their are commander assests there. But vehicles in a uncappable imo is a big no no.

Comment

CMx Kubra Dam U ALL allowes all forms of base rape,spawnkill,camping of all kinds.

Comment

i haven't seen a single instance of baserape in the time that i played (yeah i know, which wasn't very long) if you're a sniper,and you're attacking the last flag, you sort of have to do that stuff, keep the enemy numbers down while the other squads move in to capture the flag...

that's just my opinion...

Comment

there is no baseraping, only whiners.

Comment

Originally posted by Janakev View Post
              You know, Sloi, I'm getting pretty damn tired of your attitude.
              Right.

Everyone here is b*tching about a non issue, but the moment I come in to inject some sense into this thread, I'm the problem.

Ok kids, carry on then... I'll leave you to it.

Comment

people dont like to hold up and defend, thats why baserape happens usually players want to atatck thats why on maps like karkand the mec will attack usmc arty spawn point if the usmc arent attacking. if one side has no flags and isnt bringing the fight to the enemy then the enemy brings the fight to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                  Right.

Everyone here is b*tching about a non issue, but the moment I come in to inject some sense into this thread, I'm the problem.

Ok kids, carry on then... I'll leave you to it.
                  Sense? Now that's laughable. Beyond a few sweeping generalisations your posts did little beyond berate those who don't like baserape.

Comment

Apparently, that's the only way to make most of you understand the stupidity of your grievance in regards to baseraping and spawn camping. I may be condescending, but ultimately, I am right ... and no amount of criticism will change that fact. It's in the game: deal with it or move on to checkers.

On this note, I'm leaving you guys alone to complain about my TV missiles aborting your carrier departures. Peace...

Comment

killing people in or near and uncap base when not spec ops blowing up stuff, simple as that

Comment

Rocket Science.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman283 View Post
                          My most recent was for knifing an enemy commander after blowing up his assets and supply crates to repair it.
                          It happened to me many times in the past. It was so much fun playing on Oman as US specops.
                          I used to jump in a fast vehicle and drive all the way to the airfield, blow up arty or other toys and kill some innocent who happen to be in my way.
                          All this by myself, I should add. If they were brave enough to engage me, they would easily kill me, though, or at least they would get a fair fight.
                          So if you ask me, I wouldn’t call it base rape. Many admins tend to have a different opinion on this matter, yet they don’t mind when the MIGs bomb the carrier to death.

Comment

killing people in or near and uncap base when not spec ops blowing up stuff, simple as that
                            lol, the amount of times i've had people/admin moan or an admin kick me for attacking a main base as spec ops is huge. Most people see anything in an uncap as baserape.

I think when people bought BF2, they weren't looking for a war game, they were looking for a game where if your losing miserably, the other team back off.

Comment

Originally posted by Janakev View Post
                              Sense? Now that's laughable. Beyond a few sweeping generalisations your posts did little beyond berate those who don't like baserape.
                              Sloi is one of the mighty dozen of these forums which in my opinion ranks him as the hardware of TBF2. Youre noone, yet. His posts are always informative, entertaining and interesting to read. Sure, sometimes he adds some juice, but dont we all? It adds personality. I dont get it. A lot of "nobodies" throw insults at him whereas hes just giving out his opinion based on his unquestionable playing experience. Same thing that happened to all the kids jumping at PlaneWhore.

Comment

Working...
                              X