X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Team work, does it exsist?

Originally posted by .BB.(Light|Bred)
    its very rare to find a server with people who work together
    True. I suppose I haven't been playin online bf2 enough, but for a ****-long time ( and I mean ****-long) I was playing single player, and I really thought that because there's such a huge advantage to play in squads rather than individuals, that there would be an abundance of people taking advantage of this. I was wrong.
    Dont get me wrong, BF2 is a sweet game, but personally it would be so much more enjoyable if there was much more 'squad playing' in pub servers. The games would be more enourmously more tactical, theres a higher chance of winning plus imo it's mch more fun..I just dont understand why people dont play in squads more often??
    In one case, I was playing a 24/7 Karkand map, and though it was fun, my team (USMC) were getting our ***'s wooped because there was no team play (not one squad). If we even had just a few squads, we could have without a doubt won the round.

I suppose I may consider downloading PR now since it's regarded as not only a great mod, but also dependant on team play, but vanilla BF2 is also dependant on team play, yet no one takes advantage..or atleast from what I've seen so far.

Viza.
    btw, If anyone spots me (Vandal_Viza) in a server, add me to your squad

Comment

Your all correct really, in most servers the teamwork's either:

1. So fantastic you want to live with your squad forever and go off into the unset and start world domination
      2. Lonewolf it, but bring a pet in the room with you...you'll need someone to talk to (and unleasch anger upon).

Although yesterday was quite good, I was on =BTU='s server and the teamwork was pretty tidy. The rounds themselves were tightly contested, the winning team prevailing by a few points. It was nice to have peple follow orders and actually carry them out

If you see me, Monkey_Priest_UK, on a server just join my squad ^^
      My XFire is popeuk

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Priest_UK
        If you see me, Monkey_Priest_UK, on a server just join my squad ^^
        Will do mate

Comment

SL first job is to stay alive. The mobile spawn point is critical.
          I love the teamwork aspect, my xfire name is joecacti. East Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by .BB.(Light|Bred)
            its very rare to find a server with people who work together
            TacticalGamer.com has been doing this since day 1 of bf2's release. We avoided the ranked world and ran a successful unranked vanilla server for a good year and a half. Now we have moved onto mods(where there is no ranked barrier) and currently run the #1 POE2 server and the #1 PR server. We also have a pair of healthy 2142 servers for those with that game.

Simply put...tactical gamers know teamwork....we teach it, we create rules around it, we enforce it and most of all we enjoy the hell out of it. We have custom scripts that kick players that don't squad up after 90 secs and we have rules that you must follow SL or CO orders. We have no interest in lonewolf behavior and weed out those players quickly. The end result is a gameplay environment that feels more like a scrim that a pub....numerous full squads working toward objectives, air assets working together, most of the players using voip and a commander that has functional squads that will follow his orders. Most people have no idea how good bf2 can actually be...I urge everyone to find out.

Comment

Viza and Jeocacti, fantastic Look forward to playing with/ against to.

Plus I like the idea FBmantis had, I might look for it. Cheers.

Comment

If you want to win teamwork is the way to go get ya self a clan is best bet

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Priest_UK
                  I was on an IO Karkand server (guilty, I know) today and most people really have no ideo how to work together as a team. I was invited into Alpha squad, thinking the players would actually work together, so off I went.

Constantly asking the squad leader for new orders and seeing the squad members scattered around the map wasn't a good start. After trying to get the squad together, asking them to work as a team, I still continued to capture falgs, defend them and generally do my best. But after a while, things went Pete Tong (wrong), so I was looking for my team to get their act together.

Nothing changed so I tought I'd leave Alpha and start my own squad, Charlie. I invited a few players join, they did so and things started to look up. They actualy followed orders and we won, just (by about 10 or 11 points).

It's annoying though, you try your best to work as a team yet others think they can just do bugger all.

Anyone else find this an annoyance after a while?

IO is strictly for point whores only.

Comment

Working...
                  X