I'm an addict...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm an addict...

Seriously, try to do your schoolwork before playing BF2! Take it as an award!

Imagine what will happen if you get worse and worse in school?
    Your parents will take the computer away and you'll never play again!
    Happened to a clan mate. They took the pc away until he got better in school.
    You don't want that to happen. So when you come home from school do your homework and reward yourself with an hour of BF2.

Work comes first!
    Good luck!

FipZ

Comment

Learn an instument and start a band, that take most of your time away from BF2. Works for me.

Get yourself a girl, or a bit on the side, bound to work

Comment

You aint an adict, I am I can't go a day without a glass of coke and at least an hour of bf2

Comment

Ive had the same problem but inever suffered from it i haply enjoyed every minute of it.

to stop you have to make it so you cant play Bf2 easly or whenever you want. oviously if you are playing too much bf2 you need to stop playing as much. try disconecting the internet to your comp andfor a few days and uninstalling bf2.

or if you can limit yourself to one or two rounds a day. or the even simpler solution do your schoolwork first when you get home so you can play bf2 for the rest of the day without having to worry about it.

I stopped being an addict once summer started and i got bored of bf2 forawhile. but my grades in 2 of my classes was failing luckly it was only 8th grade. now i am in 9th and without playing hours of bf2 everyday i keep a passing average easy.

Comment

An hour a day? You serious? Thats not addiction.

Try playing the same game for 5 years, 20 hours a week (at least). Damn that counterstrike!

Comment

Originally posted by Hack Saw
              What should I do, I'm addicted to BF2 and it's starting to affect my school work. I play for at least an hour most days, the obvious solution would be to stop playing but I can’t seem to do this. I've got a life and friends so I'm not a loser but BF2 is going to take over I reckon, I don't want to be a fat loser with a **** job when I'm 30 who is a computer game junkie lol. Any tips on how I should play less BF2, find a different hobby other than computers?

Thanks, Hacksaw.
              I know what you mean, this happened to me too, I failed everything, and still am haha.
              Do like an hour of homework and have the rest of the day to yourself, and remember to take breaks, or you'll get bored of Battlefield 2 too quickly.

-Soldier

Comment

1 hr? thats it? you should not be worried

Comment

omg lol im an addict and i think i get about 12 hours every 3 weeks! :'( its so annoying the compy that will run it is 170 miles away! and im £3 off being able to buy a desent graphics card cos my bro managed to burn my paying in book and debit card wen he was drunk!

Comment

^^^^ I wish there was an option in these forums to filter out posts like this. Illiterate kids like this give mature kids a bad rap.

To OP, like many others have said, you are NOT an addict if you only play 1 hr a day. It's not your 1 hr of BF2/day that's dropping your school performance, it must be related to other things you do during your "free time." It's about balance. I know the last thing you want to do when you get home from school is homework, but it's usually best to get it out of the way.

Comment

1-2 Hours of Gaming a day is a decent amount of time. Its not too much and its enough to fulfill any cravings you have.

Comment

Working...
                      X