Definition of a hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Definition of a hack

A "hacker" is a person who writes the software to cheat in a game. But I don't mind people calling others who cheat by this method a "hacker" as it implies how they are cheating. People who use obvious exploits in the game (going inside of buildings) are also cheaters, but by a different method.

I would go so far to say macros are a cheat if they allow you to do something a person couldn't consistantly do by themselves. I know it's a grey area and is always up for debate. I use joy2key for my joystick when I fly jets. I use it so I can set up the trigger the same as how my mouse button works to fire. Now I can spot out enemies. This should have been incorporated in the game, but we won't go there.

I have suspected people from time to time of hacking in my own mind. Normally, I won't say anything in game unless it seems rather obvious. But, now I will hold my tongue. I have played the game enough to know what most weapons and vehicles can/can't do in the game.

But the other day, I told some one that I thought they were cheating (i.e. using a hacking software). We were both in choppers and they were TV missiling us way before we could even see them. Granted we were very high in the sky and even if we were spotted, they couldn't know at what altitude we were.

They told me I was an idiot because I didn't know how TV missiles worked, which is innaccurate because I have been a gunner/pilot for over a 100 hours. I told them it wasn't that they hit us with a TV missile, it's because they knew exactly where we were in the middle of all that fog. Well, I have to admit that I was an idiot at that time in point because I didn't fully understand the map.

In Operation Clean Sweep, if you take off from the Communication Center and essentially go straight up and look toward the US base, not only will you see the distance fog, but even a darker gray skybox. If you coming from the other side, you will see a bright blue skybox and a big fat MEC chopper stands out like a sore thumb.

Once I saw that from the BR file, I naturally felt embarrassed. If I see that player again, I will have to extend an appology for being an idiot. So becareful when you scream "hack", you just may have to return the favor towards yourself and scream "idiot". I should know.

Comment

A hack is if I take a PB screen and loads of stuff is on the screen that shouldn't be there. Or I follow people around in freeview and their gun snaps between enemies instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge
        I use joy2key for my joystick when I fly jets. I use it so I can set up the trigger the same as how my mouse button works to fire. Now I can spot out enemies. This should have been incorporated in the game, but we won't go there.
        No, you are right. I wouldn't consider Joy2Key a cheat at all. EA did not include the ability to easily map out keys the way the customer likes them. I was pretty pissed off when I first was mapping my keys, with all the "Key duplicated in w/e controls" messages that came up all the time.

I was like "Why the hell couldn't they simply have a key config for every vehicle in the game?". I'm used to this lack of programming skill by EA/DICE. They couldn't even code a database search for pete's sake.

It's one of the many shortcomings that BF2 has that will not allow it to have the same life as other games, such as Counterstrike, and will soon find it's place in the bargain bin.

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge
        Once I saw that from the BR file, I naturally felt embarrassed. If I see that player again, I will have to extend an appology for being an idiot. So becareful when you scream "hack", you just may have to return the favor towards yourself and scream "idiot". I should know.
        Then sometimes you're embarrassed because you accused someone, you extended an apology, called yourself and "idot" for thinking so - then in the end they were caught hacking.... :/

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
          See it's ****ing retards like you that ruin the game..

You ever think that person is just good, or is having a good round.. etc..

FFS
          Wow hit a nerve "HACK"!!!!

Listen before you go throwing names around why don't you stop and think. When the person constantly pushing scores of 3 to 4 times the amount of the average score on that round, its a hack. Stop with this bull crap of oh maybe he is having a good round or he is just good. Call it what it is...

Comment

Working...
          X