Dodging missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodging missiles

wow I think Argameno's post is the most useful advise I've seen yet in how to avoid getting hit by the nerfed missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
      Ive said it a million times and Ill say it again...I miss old school Bf2 A2A missles.
      Yeah it was a little unreal..I mean all dogfights were basically cannon fights till you had a split second opening to fire missles that would land...but it was fun!
      Sometimes Ill hear the lock and start switchign views, but i dont even see the enemy plane..then boom Im dead. All dog fighting is now it seems is first to get a lock gets a kill. Theres been times were ive had a lock fired a missle then turned away from chasing to guy knowing my missles will land since its almost to easy unless the guy is an expert.
      I try my hardest to watch my backside when I know I have a jet on me, but it seems like the before I can even see the missles coming at me..theyve already hit.
      lol im 3rd in the clanbase 1v1 ladder and ffs its hard to dam dodge them but somehow we do it, i was fighting this tyler and he evaded all of my missiles on the f-18 i did the same in a mig, what resulted was a 13 minute long cannon fight which i won.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
        Theres a way to get around it.

A+B+C = D

D>F35B

What does that mean???

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
          What does that mean???
          Im guessing that 3 things added together to make D is still better than the one thing of the crap F35B

Comment

Originally posted by Argameno View Post

MIG: Outstanding turn rate with full rudder and pitch vertical and horizontal. Accurate movements, medium response rate, vulnerable to missiles. Powerful rudder.

Second most missile-vulnerable jet in the game, however it can become completely invincible if you learn how to evade missiles with it. It is an very difficult and tricky tactic and you have to be an expert to pull off. It involves full rudder with a 10% pull on pitch and a mild roll. you have to be looking in rear view to see the missile. And you have to adjust your jet to the path of the missile to make it miss. Another simple tactic is to simply let the missile get somewhat close and then do a full pitch back and suddenly let go of the joystick right exactly when the missile in about to hit you. The missile should suddenly fly away while you are moving perfectly straight. The MIG is a low altitude jet. Keep it low, below 400. Flying higher requires expert skills. The MIG can be the most powerful jet, outdoing the F18, if flown by an expert. But to become this effective you need to be an expert. I fly only the MIG and that's why. IMO it is the most maneuverable and skill-requiring jet to fly, which makes it a very fun jet. It has the perfect balance of vulnerability and skill requirement. I am an expert on the MIG and I basically evade missiles with little to no movement. I haven't seen anyone else do this, yet. It's kind of my trademark .

I hope this has been informative. I will create videos of my moves and perhaps post them sometime on youtube.

yeh i do that move, tis like a spiral barrel roll. you sometimes get hit when the nub spams 6 missiles, but you have a reasonable chance of getting away. works better in some of the other jets.

Comment

get in the F35 and be a sneaky player, thats like my fav thing to do, fly high and come down for bomb runs or to take out choppers

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
                get in the F35 and be a sneaky player, thats like my fav thing to do, fly high and come down for bomb runs or to take out choppers
                safest way to play it :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r View Post
                  safest way to play it :nod:
                  yea but thats kind of off topic.My Q: If a missile happens to lock on to you, what do you do? I dont want alternatives to avoid getting in that situation, because i know them. I want to learn how to get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                    yea but thats kind of off topic.My Q: If a missile happens to lock on to you, what do you do? I dont want alternatives to avoid getting in that situation, because i know them. I want to learn how to get out of it.
                    I go up and do the S manuver thing, works most of the time

Comment

press e :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r View Post
                        press e :laugh:
                        Bah. Scroll up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                          Well I already answered it. You got to do one of the things I listed in relation to the jet you are flying. If you are talking about a stray missile then its harder because you don't have enough time to react. But if you do have the time, then the same technique will work. The 2 techniques I mentioned for the mig are absolutely full proof if you do them right. I can demonstrate for you if you need.

In regards to the other guy who said getting spammed by 6 missiles. I evade all 6 without flares. Once I had 4 F18s fire on me at the same time. 24 missiles. I evaded 23, one of them hit.

Find me on the TLD Wale Airshow server sometime and ask me to show you.

Comment

Well I already answered it. You got to do one of the things I listed in relation to the jet you are flying. If you are talking about a stray missile then its harder because you don't have enough time to react. But if you do have the time, then the same technique will work. The 2 techniques I mentioned for the mig are absolutely full proof if you do them right. I can demonstrate for you if you need.

In regards to the other guy who said getting spammed by 6 missiles. I evade all 6 without flares. Once I had 4 F18s fire on me at the same time. 24 missiles. I evaded 23, one of them hit.

wow i dont even remember reading your post. How the hell do you know all that? if this stuff works, thanks a lot. I can control my plane pretty well, i just didnt know what to do if a missile locked onto me.

Comment

Could you make a br video or fraps of you doing this as i can pretty much stop people locking me but when in 1v1's i can only dodge like 50% of missiles coming my way.

Comment

23/1 nice
                                yeh i will do, im pretty sure its the same thing i do sometimes but u must be able to keep it up longer.

wow i dont even remember reading your post. How the hell do you know all that? if this stuff works, thanks a lot. I can control my plane pretty well, i just didnt know what to do if a missile locked onto me.
                                you learn what your plane does if u use it alot, he posted many of the things better pilots do, giving away our secrets :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X