Dodging missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodging missiles

i thought this was all randomness, but apparantly not. Ive been flying a lot recently, just got my veteran aviator badge. I have pretty good control of my plane, i can fly through the dam on kubra pretty easily. im just having troubles hitting pros, there doing maneuvers that seem to make each missile slide off like a hot knife through.. butt... yeah. now dont make this thread into a complete aviator tactics discussion, im just wondering what exactly you people do in each situation when you got a missile on your ***. Don't say practice either, because i know u do something. For example, i heard one of the planes dodge good doing an inverted loop. i just realized i used a lot of commas... so, whats the secret?

Re: Dodging missiles

Don't get locked on in the first place...

And yeah inverted loop.. works for everything but the MiG-29 and F-35B.

Comment

depends what is locked on to you.

Comment

If the black line happens to be an F-35 then that red one will just keep following and following you until you are dead. I have had a missle flying after me the whole length of wake once.

Comment

Originally posted by herv_prometheus
          If the black line happens to be an F-35 then that red one will just keep following and following you until you are dead. I have had a missle flying after me the whole length of wake once.
          You're not going high enough! If you go fast enough and keep that speed you can keep running from the missile until it decides it's too tired to chase you. Works for me.

@OP

Get in J10.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike
            You're not going high enough! If you go fast enough and keep that speed you can keep running from the missile until it decides it's too tired to chase you. Works for me.

@OP

Get in J10.
            Theres a way to get around it.

A+B+C = D

D>F35B

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

A+B+C = D

D>F35B

Oh man. That is like math.

Comment

If a J-10 gets a lock on the F-35 your dead so what i do it i immediatly drop my flares and climb real fast going straight up then i bail out making the J-10 lose its lock then the plane will lose speed and begin to fall back down towards you. I then hold E to get back in and then take off again.

Only hard part about this is getting straight up and then not having the wings of the jet spin around and hit you or not getting back in and time and crashing into the ground.

Comment

Once a J-10 Missile is fired, and near you is a Bridge/Tunnel, Fly through/under it, this works..

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield

A+B+C = D

D>F35B

Error while processing: Variables not declared. :laugh:

I've found a way to dodge any missle, even the J10s. All you do is press a single button, E. 100% success rate!

Comment

barrel rolls work sometimes but not all.

Comment

There's another rarely mentioned way of dodging missiles, particularly in the Mig. It has to do with going full rudder, either direction, and rolling the jet away from the missile as it approaches.

It's pretty cool to see in action, watching a Mig dodge missiles with ease similar to an F18 or EF. Quite a while back, I remember meeting a BF2C guy who isn't too bad at this, Argameno I believe. If you come across him, ask for a demonstration. It's interesting to try, I could never get it work consistently enough. Keep in mind this ability does not equate to good dog fighting skills e.g. you can dodge all the missiles you want, but this isn't going to save you from the guns

Comment

its just sometimes ive faced pros like yup|patriots and no matter how many times i try to hit him with missiles it never works. and its impossible to gun him because hes always aware of his surroundings. then yesterday i faced a 3 star general named wombiz and i beat him both ways on oman. if any pro wants to dogfight me sometime ill be glad to learn something, add me on xfire: Neptune15

Comment

Ive said it a million times and Ill say it again...I miss old school Bf2 A2A missles.
                            Yeah it was a little unreal..I mean all dogfights were basically cannon fights till you had a split second opening to fire missles that would land...but it was fun!
                            Sometimes Ill hear the lock and start switchign views, but i dont even see the enemy plane..then boom Im dead. All dog fighting is now it seems is first to get a lock gets a kill. Theres been times were ive had a lock fired a missle then turned away from chasing to guy knowing my missles will land since its almost to easy unless the guy is an expert.
                            I try my hardest to watch my backside when I know I have a jet on me, but it seems like the before I can even see the missles coming at me..theyve already hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
                              Ive said it a million times and Ill say it again...I miss old school Bf2 A2A missles.
                              Yeah it was a little unreal..I mean all dogfights were basically cannon fights till you had a split second opening to fire missles that would land...but it was fun!
                              Sometimes Ill hear the lock and start switchign views, but i dont even see the enemy plane..then boom Im dead. All dog fighting is now it seems is first to get a lock gets a kill. Theres been times were ive had a lock fired a missle then turned away from chasing to guy knowing my missles will land since its almost to easy unless the guy is an expert.
                              I try my hardest to watch my backside when I know I have a jet on me, but it seems like the before I can even see the missles coming at me..theyve already hit.
                              thats the kinda thing i want. too bad i wasnt around before 1.3.

has anyone played ace combat? my god i love the physics in that game (5 and zero). Its got realistic braking. You can go from 1000 mph to 300 in a few seconds. and to dodge you simply go in afterburner and turn like crazy. That game is so consistent. There are aces in that game too, which are hard to down, sometimes it takes minuttes just to hit a single plane. i would love it if bf2 were like this. If anyone has beat these games on ace you'd know what i mean, one missle and your down. its really intense.

Comment

Working...
                              X