Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 the way I would like it.

Originally posted by NatureBoy_Wooo
    ]Maps should not start with anti-air/ - anti-ground defenses. Engineers should be able to build them anywhere on the map(and get points for it). This should stop all of the idiotic rules about attacking uncaps. If the engineers could build adequate defenses anywhere on the map, it would make defending flags very fun. Also let engineers build the artillery cannons.
    My friend and I were discussing the point of how the maps would have more life and variant gameplay if engineers could build defenses pretty much anywhere on the map, rather than being stuck with pre-existing locations. This would open up many strategies that would make each round different from the last.

This takes a higher level of programming to do this I would think, and was probably beyond the skill of the employees the developer had. Heck, they don't even know how to search a database, sort it, and display it properly - that's programming 101.

If Valve had developed BF2 instead, it would have been quite a different game, and probably would have had many more strategic possibilities.

Team Fortress Classic, and NEOTF, had long-standing success because you could build defenses and structures pretty much anywhere you wanted to. To have engineers in a game that are pretty much useless did not take full advantage of the potential BF2 could have had.

But meh, that's the EA/DICE way. Be lazy and grab for the money. Problem is, I played TFC for years and years. I won't be playing BF2 for the same amount of time. Guaranteed. It's become predictable now, there is no variant from round to round.

Comment

try downloading Project Reality Mod. Its a different gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by LostSquirrel
        Make the knife hit the things that u knife!!! hates it when i knifed a person and puffs of smoke came out but the person keeps running and when he stops, i will overshoot him and in the end get an *** full of lead....
        Which brings me to my second gripe. You can bounc eup to me, ignore the .50BMG round I just pumped into your chest, and instagib me with a limp wristed knife slash that the guy in BF2 uses?

HUH?

Every other weapon in the game besides explosives require 2 hits to kill without a headshot, but the pathetic knife is a one hit wonder? Crap.

Make it a 2 hit to kill weapon, except for a headshot to make real knife fighters stand out.

KBK

Comment

Working...
        X