Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 the way I would like it.

Originally posted by Bronx19
    Id like it if they un-nerfed everything.

1) Bullets go where you aim.
    2) Jump and shoot
    3) Make everything quicker.

QFT...

Comment

Yes I've fired full auto weapons. Plenty of them.

I know what you mean that weapons don't always shoot straight. I was just talking about the bullet spray they currently have. The bullets will fire inside a cone area, right? And each bullet is in a completely random area inside that cone. But it doesn't make sense when a bullet goes from one side all the way to the other. It should be a gradual change when it's wide like that. If it starts on the left side, I should see that and counter it to move to the right (where my target is at). So I should move my mouse slightly as it fires inside that area of the cone (reticule spread = wider the cone).

For example, if you're running with a rifle, you're not just shaking the gun all around (like a wide reticule replicates). You may not be hitting your target (as you are not aiming properly), however, you can still point and shoot. And you can see where the bullets are aproximatily and adjust for the change.

Comment

cone of fire = gay

BFpro4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy_Wooo
          1. Maps should not start with anti-air/ - anti-ground defenses. Engineers should be able to build them anywhere on the map(and get points for it). This should stop all of the idiotic rules about attacking uncaps. If the engineers could build adequate defenses anywhere on the map, it would make defending flags very fun. Also let engineers build the artillery cannons.
          2. Have an option for commander-free games. Stealth is fun. Leave it to the troops to scout enemy activity. Just a server option, not every game.
          3. Alllow carriers to be piloted to different positions in the sea that cannot be detected by enemy forces except for direct line of sight. Also have the ability to sink carriers with jets and submarines.
          4. As mentioned before, Have submarines.
          5. Have the ability to put any type of vehicle on any map. Allow commanders to drop what ever type of vehicle he thinks necessary to help his forces win.
          1. Love it. Impossible with BF2's engine, but I love it all the same. That's why I liked Starsiege:Tribes so much.
          2. Yeah, if IO is an option, why not.
          3. I like it, but what if some moron dirves it out of the combat zone? And what happens if it sinks and the USMC doesn't have any other flags? Do they lose?
          4. Limited in use, hard to implement (especially with BF2's 5-feet-down sea bottom). It's in the category of things that I'd be okay with, but think dev time should be spent elsewhere.
          5. No. Just no. Or if yes, don't make the heavier stuff (tanks, jets) be parachuted in. Make it a cargo plane that can be easily seen and shot down, and have an enormous (10min?) timer.

Comment

1) Better hitboxes/netcode/hit detection (or atleast an explanation to usersettings.con)
            2) No random deviation (what the hell were you thinkin, EA?)
            3) No TV-missiles or atleast somethint to reduce helo domination.

tbh, these changes should have been made before the game was launched on the market. this game sucks *** very hard because of these little (major) things.

Comment

Originally posted by fps.sledge
              Yes I've fired full auto weapons. Plenty of them.

I know what you mean that weapons don't always shoot straight. .

That is the one thing that bugs the crap out of me in this game. The guns DON'T shoot straight in the game.

IRL if the muzzle of your gun is within like, 2m of the target, the bullets are NOT GOING TO FLY OUT THE BARREL AT 90 DEGREES and make you miss.

This happens rutinely in the game. Even with something like the PKM that has a barrel a meter long, a target 3 meters from the barrel, which is well inside the crosshairs, will be blatantly missed by the crappy boomerang bullets the gun seems to be loaded with.

While I'm not too keen on the whole "Engineers build SAMS' out of nothing" idea it is a good one. One I've always suggested is one of the unlocks for the AT guy should have been a shoulder fired MANDPAD. Same sort of idea as yours though. Give the AA positions some randomness. HEll I've only got like 5 hours in a heli and I'm capable of blasting an AA site to set up a strafing run.

On the subject of Jets, I've always thought they are too free. There isn't really anything besides other jets that can stop them, and 99% of the pilots I've seen out there will prefer to go bomb something and get 3 kills than dogfight another jet and get 1 kill. Make it so the jets have to land to re-arm. This will give the guys on the ground a chance to shoot AT missiles into it

KBK

Comment

people, what is IO?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardeknud
                  people, what is IO?
                  IO = Infantry Only.

Yeah i agree with the huge time wait to drop vechiles such as jets maybe more like 5 minutes though. If you were going to give the engineer such enormous powers you would have to limit him in some other way such as no gun etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard9292

Yeah i agree with the huge time wait to drop vechiles such as jets maybe more like 5 minutes though. If you were going to give the engineer such enormous powers you would have to limit him in some other way such as no gun etc.
                    True but then people whould whore the engi kits all the time anyway...I think theyd have to drop less powerful vehicles...maybe the most powerful being that six wheeler buggy thing off sf.

Comment

being able to chuck c4 again but get rid of the quick detonation glitch.

which i don't understand why they didn't do originally, unless they couldn't.
                      every BF game has had the ability to chuck explosives but without the quick detonation bs, i never heard any complaining

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
                        That is the one thing that bugs the crap out of me in this game. The guns DON'T shoot straight in the game.

IRL if the muzzle of your gun is within like, 2m of the target, the bullets are NOT GOING TO FLY OUT THE BARREL AT 90 DEGREES and make you miss.

This happens rutinely in the game. Even with something like the PKM that has a barrel a meter long, a target 3 meters from the barrel, which is well inside the crosshairs, will be blatantly missed by the crappy boomerang bullets the gun seems to be loaded with.
                        I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about. Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Assault kit (G3). Single shots. the first bullet lands on the left.

Comment

I was just reading up on "Crysis" This sounds way cool and would be awesome.

Below is a link and excerpt:
                            http://wiki.incrysis.com/index.php/Crysis_Multiplayer

Crysis multiplayer will provide a wide variety of different vehicles and machines including: (but not limited to)
                            Water based
                            - Patrol Boats - Speedboats - Submarines
                            Land based
                            - Trucks - Jeeps - HUMVEE - Tanks
                            Air
                            - Attack Helicopters - VTOL Jets

Such vehicles and machines just don’t just spawn – your side will have to take control of certain capture zones in order to be able to manufacture them. The capture zones won’t be just markers on a map – rather they will be factories, ports, motorworks etc. (*Reminds you of Command & Conquer Renegade, doesn't it?*) For example capturing a port will enable the production of water based vehicles. Capturing a zone will involve simply standing in a specific room for a small amount of time. You’ll gain credits for this also.
                            Once your team captures a zone, it doesn’t just start manufacturing the goods. It provides the means to manufacturer but you first must of all order your desired machine or vehicle through your PDA and have a certain number of credits available. Your PDA will provide you with a key code so that no one else can take what you’ve ordered. You will have the opportunity to give your order to another team member, also.
                            While you can have multiple vehicles/machines you can only manage one at a time. The others can be locked in a somewhat secure area. They won’t be completely safe though as the enemy can pick your locks and steal your equipment. Also, if for any reason you leave your vehicle and the enemy is snooping around they can jump in and claim it as theirs.
                            Throughout the game your rank will change as you gain more credits. The higher rank you have the more toys you’ll have access to.

Comment

Make the knife hit the things that u knife!!! hates it when i knifed a person and puffs of smoke came out but the person keeps running and when he stops, i will overshoot him and in the end get an *** full of lead....

Comment

id like it to were a grenade wouldnt do **** to a tank that would be great

1. id like it if humvees could take one c4 instead of killing it right away i asked my dad a question before and he said SOME humvees can withstand most weak ieds
                                2. id like it if there was wind in bf2 so sniping could feel more realistic
                                3. id like it if there was no fog. compare our world to bf2 how far can u see in the real world average visibily is 10 miles in bf2 its like 100 ft :|:
                                4. it would be nice if the maps could more then 3 miles long or maybe even 6
                                5. make the jets go faster they look like the go kinda slow when u look at it
                                6. add some unknown front lines to the map so u can go stealthy on the enemy, like an elite delta squad
                                7. make the uav a tv guided missle caues some uavs in real life have a tv missile
                                8. there is alot of other things i cant name like explosions need to be bigger yadayadayada etc etc etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X