Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there were no choppers or airplanes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If there were no choppers or airplanes...

I think it definitly adds to the realism of the game. It gives it more of a total war effect thats missing in CS. I'm not a flyer myself (just check my stats, I think ive accumlated 3 minutes in about 20ish hours of gameplay). Me, Id rather play as a sniper as I havent exactly gotten the brute force of close combat down yet. Almost a 1:1 kill ratio with sniper which I dont think is to bad for someone with my limited experience.

A question also, is my rank on these forums (private first class) based on forum activity or is it based on in game rank? If its the latter how would I update it.

Comment

If there were no vehicles then it would need a new title.

Comment

Originally posted by Torlen
        A question also, is my rank on these forums (private first class) based on forum activity or is it based on in game rank? If its the latter how would I update it.
        Its your number of posts.

Comment

The intent of my post was not to say 'remove' vehicles. The focus it seems on most players nowadays is flying the planes and choppers - to the point of letting their team lose every single round - because they stay in the bases waiting/fighting over/tking for them.

For the rest of us on the team who are trying to do something, it is not very much fun. Everytime I see our team losing, I check the uncaps and sure enough - there's 2/3 of the team milling about.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
            Would you still be playing BF2?
            nope

Comment

I would still play with out the air power. My friend and I are working on our helo badges/medals so we tend to fly when we can. But if there is no chopper available, we hit the ground and cap flags.

I would like the jets to go first if I had a choice, then the attack chopper. Overall, I would like both to stay, but have them changed to be a bit more balanced. I think every role in a game should be relatively attractive to the average player. But, as you stated, that doesn't seem to be happening now.

Comment

No, the reason I play BF2 is because it's one of the only games on the market that incorperates all aspects of war. 42 was the first game to ever do this and it was something unheard of before it was done. Without aircraft BF2 would just be a terrible infantry game with a few tanks. Infantry is the worst part of BF2 and if that's all there was left I'd much rather play a decent infy game like CSS.

Comment

At first, that was why I BOUGHT BF2, for the vehicles and variety. But after a while that only brought a horde of problems like base raping, team killing, exploits, etc.

After coming back and playing Infantry only, I love BF2, and all the immature actions and players from before seem to have gone. No more hard undefeatable base raping, team killing, vehicle whoring, etc. Just pure skills and weapon killing.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                    At first, that was why I BOUGHT BF2, for the vehicles and variety. But after a while that only brought a horde of problems like base raping, team killing, exploits, etc.

After coming back and playing Infantry only, I love BF2, and all the immature actions and players from before seem to have gone. No more hard undefeatable base raping, team killing, vehicle whoring, etc. Just pure skills and weapon killing.
                    then go play css is your looking for skills and weapon killing since the whole idea of battlefield is to play with any vehicle at your disposal.

Comment

I said it wasn't the vehicles that I disliked, but the people and problems it brought along with them.

Comment

i'd love it if they get rid of the jets. i'm playing wake and i get a flag and no one spawns there. then i get another flag and no one comes to help. i check the map and there all on the carrier fighting over the jets and choppers. i was the only one that went for flags. needless to say i left the server after the second flag i got was lost because no one wanted to fight on the ground.

i don't play air maps anymore. let the teamkilling air whores play those maps.

Comment

no jets or helis...people would start whoring the tanks alot more with no l33t tv gunners or uber powerfull 5 at a time bombs killing you in one run no matter what vehicle your are in and SO easy to kill fast moving targets without leadng very much....players would feel safe.

Comment

I'm surprised that people would actually quit over this...
                            How about teamwork? Squads going for flags? Doing what the commander says?
                            That's what Battlefield 2 is supposed to be, and the Helocopters/Jets are there for extra support/air cover.

Comment

Working...
                            X