X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: yet another reason (or 2) to avoid karkand

Most people like karkand (putting stats aside) for 2 reasons

1.) closest fighting, and most places for an infantry to hide
    2.) within 10 seconds, firefights start, unlike other maps were it takes a good 2 minutes (pubs of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker45
      That's because you like simple linear game play. Other maps such as Daqing Oilfields/Zatar Wetlands are not played because they are too complex and intimidating for most players like yourself.

Rocker
      Lol, I've seen more complex strategy on a 16 player Karkand than any 64 size map....ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator
        It's not the complexity at all, it's the fact that karkand has the most close range action. BF2 maps are generally very spread out and open compared to other games. I hate playing any maps with choppers because they are so powerful. Choppers ruin the game for anyone who isn't in one at the time. Karkand has always been popular among ground pounders because it allows people to hide from vehicles much better than other maps. Now with IO most maps are fun on IO but people still seem to only like playing karkand.
        No, Karkland is valued for its simplicity. There is limited to no strategy involved. Any player can run head first into the action and come out ok if he is quick with the mouse. Karkland is the most CS like map. Basically two teams run at each other and try to send us up the bomb.

On more complex maps like Daqing, you are confronted by long distances, helicopters, jets, and tons of armor as a ground pounder. Someone coming from a CS/Karkland background is intimidated by the new array of threats. In terms of strategy, these threats adds to positional value as well as overall team play. (i.e. jets/helis/armor must support infantry for success and vice versa) Strong infantry players learn to adapt to these hostile conditions by using stealth/positional warefare/team work. A functional squad requires all six players to work together for success. As game complexity increases team work becomes paramount.

In reference to your attack choppers comment, two FAV's/DPV's will destroy an attack chopper on any map if used in conjunction. Every vehicle can be easily countered.

Infantry only is the WORST thing that has ever happened to battlefield. It has created a whole block of players that want to run home whenever they are confronted by a powerful enemy as opposed to adapting to them.

Rocker

Originally posted by Touch my balls
        Lol, I've seen more complex strategy on a 16 player Karkand than any 64 size map....ever.
        I believe you are confusing tactics with strategy.

Rocker

Comment

Working...
        X