Nobody seems to care about winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody seems to care about winning

on half of the servers i play on, both teams dont really care about winning (majority of people). I can say that i too dont really care about winning either, i just want a good score. Like Kabooms karkand for example, its like the idea of the hotel flag shouldnt be capped is implied, and the USMC team doesnt try that hard to cap it, instead they fuel the firefight between the close spawnpoints. Only commanders really care about winning, and theres always that 1 squad that tries to sneak in and capture a flag, which in turn is for no good, since nobodys spawns on it and it gets counter-capped almost instantaneously. Not complaining or anything, just thought these rounds could be a bit more interesting. commanders get double their score for winning so i think:

People should get 1.1 or 1.2x their score for winning

does this seem like a good idea to you?

Re: Nobody seems to care about winning

mehhh. it could go either way. in a way it could promote squads and teamwork, but also i can see it causing everyone to just run around trying to cap flags themselves.

i could really care less about winning or points now, since i have all my weapons, but that could add some better battles.

Comment

No, it would be a bad idea because of immense teamstacking.

You cant bait people to do ALL things with points.

Comment

Winning is my main goal in this game, if I have a really good round but the team loses I'll still be pissed. When you try to win the points usually come anyways but they're just secondary.

Comment

actually...i use to think that when ur team won, everyone got 2x their points...and that was an incentive that made me want to win.

Comment

Uh, I want to win. That's why I solo unless someone I know is around to gun or fly with me: otherwise, I can't help the team properly and we end up losing flags. If I take out most of the armor and helis, I know I've at least done my part to help the team win... and without sounding like an arrogant arsehole, it's a major part. Best way to find like-minded and competitive people? Join a clan and participate in league play.

Comment

meh.. id just like to see some more teamwork on pub servers. I know there are some people who promote teamwork, but i know there can be BIG improvements. With most people loving their score and all, why not give em some extra points for winning?

Comment

Nobody cares about winning, I know>

Comment

no, last thing we need is more stacking on servers with a rule like that :P

Comment

i know wat you meen it sucks! on my fav maps i hav a realy good round and still end up losing!

Comment

I usually get a squad going that captures the flags and all the "leet hoppers" leave after a few rounds because that "skill" doesn't work on me or the squad members around me.

Comment

I play everything to win and always have, that'll never change, but it lessens the blow if its been a close round with the teams evenly matched cos that means ive enjoyed the contest and it hasnt been a waste of 30 mins just killing newbs or base raping cos you have all the flags,which is when i usually leave a server cos i get bored. blimey,that was a long sentence

Comment

My main goal in this game.. ultimately is to win.. however the way that i win can determine the ammount of fun i had in the round..

You see.. for myself.. i am a bull****ter... i love to be in a full squad where everyone is having fun and bull****ting..

I love it when our squad rolls into a flag and totally rapes it.. or when we go after knife kills together..

The absolute purest fun you will ever have.. is when you are just going out to have fun.. win loose or draw..

For example.. i was in a squad of 4 folks on wake island.. we had been the mec team.. our squad leader jumped into a jet and began tearing apart the skies..

once he was in trouble and i just so happend to be on a rocket station thingy.. so i blasted the jet that was tailing him..

then we lost the airfield... then my squaddy and i jumped into a jeep and drove the bit Ch straight into the airfield.. we capped the flag and had a good time dodgin bullets..

stats dont matter.. what vehicle you drive dosent matter.. your kill to death ratio dosent matter.. how badly you can hack this game dosent matter..

what does matter is that when you do actually get to do somthing cool... you have some pals on the line to brag about it too..

This game is about teamwork. the true fun of the game is found in teamwork..

thats my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                            on half of the servers i play on, both teams dont really care about winning (majority of people). I can say that i too dont really care about winning either, i just want a good score. Like Kabooms karkand for example, its like the idea of the hotel flag shouldnt be capped is implied, and the USMC team doesnt try that hard to cap it, instead they fuel the firefight between the close spawnpoints. Only commanders really care about winning, and theres always that 1 squad that tries to sneak in and capture a flag, which in turn is for no good, since nobodys spawns on it and it gets counter-capped almost instantaneously. Not complaining or anything, just thought these rounds could be a bit more interesting. commanders get double their score for winning so i think:

People should get 1.1 or 1.2x their score for winning

does this seem like a good idea to you?
                            You only care about getting a good score! So despite playing the game for 500 Hours your team actually loses more with you on it.

Your one of them ain't you, you know the type tank comes no anti tank class for you run away leave him have the flag just cos your score is more important.

Now don't get me wrong I'm playing devils advocate here, you must do what ever turns you on, tis just a game. However I'm really curious as to what you think your doing.

I mean you say your score is important but to what end, running around being a medic racking up points, but is that all Bf2 is? Then surely CS would be a better choice.

Comment

spread the word that there's a win loss ratio in your stats. thats got all the statpadders and stat whores on your side! works for me

Comment

Working...
                              X