Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nobody seems to care about winning

Fun=Battlefield2

Maybe you have heard before winning isnt everything.........but sure its nice when you do.

Comment

Originally posted by N2K
      I usually get a squad going that captures the flags and all the "leet hoppers" leave after a few rounds because that "skill" doesn't work on me or the squad members around me.
      Thats what i do, i use voip all the time in all my squads to help peeps out and whatnot.
      When the game first came out i experienced more teamwork, now its full of force tk'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by jakswan
        You only care about getting a good score! So despite playing the game for 500 Hours your team actually loses more with you on it.

Your one of them ain't you, you know the type tank comes no anti tank class for you run away leave him have the flag just cos your score is more important.

Now don't get me wrong I'm playing devils advocate here, you must do what ever turns you on, tis just a game. However I'm really curious as to what you think your doing.

I mean you say your score is important but to what end, running around being a medic racking up points, but is that all Bf2 is? Then surely CS would be a better choice.
        yea so i care about score a lot, but is that such a bad thing? This idea would make people happy on both sides, people who want good score get it through teamwork, and people who are looking for good teammates get that too!

and i have a really low w/l ratio because i play almost exclusively in pub servers (64), and i never, have ONCE, ever, switched sides because my team is losing, and my clan never teamstacks.

people in my situation almost never have a really good w/l ratio.

And im not a lone wolf, i seriously is always right behind my squad leader, while my squadmates are somewhere else spamming grenades. I stay close by and listen to orders, i could be one of the best teammates you will ever have.

Comment

Nobody cares if they win the round because they do not have to. The stats do not reflect any difference if you win or lose. I could get a score of 200 and my team lose by 3 points... which would make no difference to my score for losing.

I guess if Dice made it so you got more points for winning then people would team switch or drop the server if they were not winning. After all somebody has to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
            People should get 1.1 or 1.2x their score for winning
            Points won't make people want to win more. They either want to win, or they don't. It takes a certain type of player with a desire to win, to overcome the odds, and push for the win.

Originally posted by jakswan
            Your one of them ain't you, you know the type tank comes no anti tank class for you run away leave him have the flag just cos your score is more important.
            Sounds like most players on my team. I'm always forced to go AT because if I don't, the tanks pretty much run over everyone, because noone defends. They cap the flag, then leave, to have it capped 3 seconds behind them. They run to cap an enemy flag, which of course is undefended, then leave it to have it capped behind them. How boring.

Originally posted by Dodg3rman
            I play everything to win and always have, that'll never change, but it lessens the blow if its been a close round with the teams evenly matched cos that means ive enjoyed the contest and it hasnt been a waste of 30 mins just killing newbs or base raping cos you have all the flags,which is when i usually leave a server cos i get bored. blimey,that was a long sentence
            Exactly, if my team ends up losing but it's been a close fight 0-15 or something, it usually was a fun round, because it was a balanced game. I just hate losing when it's 200-0, especially if I know my team didn't even try.

Comment

we fight HARD to win
              guess it is a mental thing
              WE = our clan
              and do we ever nail one of our guys if they are NOT promoting teamwork for the Team Win !

and this realy promotes team tactics and teamwork

we even strive with great effort to get ALL the visitors involved with teamwork - even players on the other team

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                yea so i care about score a lot, but is that such a bad thing? This idea would make people happy on both sides, people who want good score get it through teamwork, and people who are looking for good teammates get that too!

and i have a really low w/l ratio because i play almost exclusively in pub servers (64), and i never, have ONCE, ever, switched sides because my team is losing, and my clan never teamstacks.

people in my situation almost never have a really good w/l ratio.

And im not a lone wolf, i seriously is always right behind my squad leader, while my squadmates are somewhere else spamming grenades. I stay close by and listen to orders, i could be one of the best teammates you will ever have.
                Even if I was saying you suck at teamplay in BF2, which with 500 hours and actually having a negative effect on the your teams outcome is almost a statistical certainty, would it matter really.

It’s only a game and you should do whatever you enjoy doing; however I’m curious as to what it is you enjoy.

Take Mashtuur 32 or 64 player two flags dominate the map, securing control over that one enemy flag has a massive impact of the result of the game.

Normally to begin I will play Anti Tank and follow our tank so when it meets their tank his chances of winning will be high. We will then secure their tank spawn and I will maybe switch to Sniper, Claymore it up and sit back.

The chances of me actually getting any points as anti tank are very low but I will radically increase my team chances of winning the round by doing this. With two sides with strong team players a really intense battle over these two flags follows.

Here are my stats for that map:-
                Mashtuur City 49:35played 192wins 59loss
                Yours:-
                Mashtuur City 29:38played 73wins 76loss

I don’t much care for stats, I just play to take part, stats are mildly interesting, and then only to look back on. Yet you seem to have a pride in your score and ability as a team player, so who would you prefer on your team?

The same scenario applies Hotel on Oman, Airfield on Wake, etc etc.

It’s awesome when that happens; winning losing I don’t really care as long as we’re all pulling in the same direction its great, heck it’s BF2. It is what keeps me playing, you have these important tactical decisions, i.e. defend / attack, choice of class to make, all whilst playing an FPS.

This defines BF2 to me, yet you seem to have missed it, 500 hours, over 2000 rounds, a year and half in, with the game fading and you’ve been playing something else.

As I say I’m not having a go and even if you take it that way it’s just a game and all BF2 stats will be long forgotten when the next big game comes.

What I really just can’t get my head around is why you play BF2, when CS does it much better?

Comment

rofl im part of the =KA= clan and kabooms is our clan server and most i agree with you only play for points because thats what i do but if im commander i want to win, bit of a hipocrite i know but what can you do...

Comment

i still try to play to win b\c ive stil got a s**tload of badges to get too. i think for the navy cross for the us, the peoples medallion for china and golden scimitar for mec an some other ones for spec forces or something like that. plus im a competitive person in every aspect of my life and want to win atALL costs :ar15:

Comment

Well, I for one enjoy winning! I play for a team win but that doesn’t mean I join a lot of squads. Most of these squads just run around trying to capture flags or run up kills and stats with their belly-flopping-med-healing-leapfrog thing they do. I do enjoy taking out a whole squad when they do that. But I enjoy winning the close ones more than the one-sided massacres. If I join a game and get spawn-killed my first few times at an uncap or if my team starts raping uncaps, I’m outa there. There’s nothing fair about that regardless of the rules. The point system in Battlefield 2 is horrible so I don’t pay much attention to it. I just try to get more kills than I get killed.

Comment

d...do you get a kiss if you win?

Comment

it's true unless it's a clan game which actually means something to win then i usually just try to have fun instead of go for the gold

Comment

If you want to see what being in a squad really means and playing to win, listening to squadleader, CO, then play POE on the Tacticalgamer server at night. Holy smokes... I've had some of the most fun I've ever had (with the BF2 engine) on that server.

For those that are seeking teamplay and where everyone is trying to win, play there.

Comment

people don't care about winning, they care about that SeRiOuS rank over thier head :/

Comment

winning is what its allll about if they aint winning switch teams on theys ***

Comment

Working...
                                X