Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does it feel to have a k/d ratio < 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does it feel to have a k/d ratio < 1?

I view a lot of other player's stats when they claim to be good, but then their ratio is like 0.8, so I ask how does it feel to have 28,000 kills and have 34,000 deaths?

I'm only at 1.5, been playing off/on for a month now. I die a lot trying to get stupid badges :guns:

-- ninja edit --

I noticed my join date is Apr 2006, lol. That is when I purchased the game, but never installed until this month.

Re: How does it feel to have a k/d ratio &lt; 1?

I feel terrible.

My life is wasting away because of it.

Comment

Yeah, lmao, if my K/D ratio wasn't above 1 I'd probably have killed myself long ago...

Comment

Originally posted by ParoxysM
        I view a lot of other player's stats when they claim to be good, but then their ratio is like 0.8, so I ask how does it feel to have 28,000 kills and have 34,000 deaths?.
        That's your first mistake. Looking at people's stats and determining their skill from that. Stats do not accurately represent player skill, only how the player plays. My KDR may not be very high, because I'm usually fighting tanks and choppers, and infantry is secondary. I die a lot more fighting armor, or getting shot in the back by someone else while I'm fighting armor. Also defending a flag will rack up your deaths, as you will die more from invading forces, artillery, incoming choppers and plane bombs, etc.

At the end of some rounds, there'll be another AT guy that wins the top AT award, yet the whole round he was flying in a plane... Or the engineer who gets top score, and the combat score award, who sat in an APC the whole time and killed infantry... Not accurate results in the slightest.

Comment

im <1 with my AT missiles. i just never seem to be the one to put the last shot on anything with the rocket. that and to this day i still cannot hit a car coming straight at me with a rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD-CaptainBuck
            im <1 with my AT missiles. i just never seem to be the one to put the last shot on anything with the rocket. that and to this day i still cannot hit a car coming straight at me with a rocket.
            Me neither, yet when I'm in the car..... they never miss. Drives me batty lol.

Comment

Go towards the top and guide it down on the car at an arc, it's the only way I can ever get them to hit.

Comment

yea i left that part out. ive yet to find someone that can miss me while driving at them.

ive been meaning to test it. but its usually a split second decision.

Comment

Yea, I find myself a lot of times just plain being in the wrong place at the wrong time... enemy artillery falls just as I spawn or enemy armor and aircraft base rape the my team's last flag. Do those deaths reflect my skill? I sure hope not. I believe the same to be true for many other players' deaths.

Besides, I've seen tons of players who'll have scores like 0-11 by the end of the round but amass tons of teamwork points to end up near the #1 spot. There's combat and there's teamwork... someone who sucks in combat may still be really useful in helping out his team.

Comment

Well, I was more revolted when LOW first took over the top spot, not because of his nade kills, but because he had a good K/d ratio, Thousands of rounds played, but his W/L ratio was at like .6 at the time....that is not good, for someone who is "the best player"

Comment

Exactly. If I die 15 times defending and holding TV Station on Sharqi Map, and because of it my team wins, does it mean I'm a bad player?

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                        Exactly. If I die 15 times defending and holding TV Station on Sharqi Map, and because of it my team wins, does it mean I'm a bad player?
                        No, that means everyone should play like you, instead of whoring nades and killing teamates just to get a l337 k/d.

Comment

I just love when people judge off of stats... It just tracts your activities in pubs... aka SERIOUS BIZ!!!1!!1!.

Comment

Stats mean nothing BF2 is a game of chance

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                              Stats mean nothing BF2 is a game of chance
                              Yep, cone of fire, random deviation, laggy hit boxes FTL

Comment

Working...
                              X